FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
dollbaby

Destro DPS Critique

Hi Guys and Gals,

Can you please have a look at my destro lock and critique its DPS, stats, reforging/gemming and trinket choices. Any hints, tips, etc. would be kindly appreciated, as well as a general critique as to weather the DPS you see is appropriate for my ilvl/gear.

Armoury Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Exiva/simple

Logs:

Malc HC: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4h623jk5m1vj3j0w/details/15/?s=3306&e=3635

Sha of Pride HC: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jdcr8nfw9jby4zed/details/18/?s=2816&e=3218

A few points: 

- I use AMR for gemming/reforging - using the default measure... Should I be going for a certain haste breakpoint, before it becoming a DPS loss?

- Trinkets: I have the purified binding of imerseus and the Hex Totem ecquipped. I also have the Garosh trinket in my bags, should I be using that?

- Anything you can tell me about stat balance... I see on World of Logs lots of different specs...some with lots of crit some with lots of mastery and some with haste

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

The reason you see high parsing Warlocks with various stat budgets should solidify the stance that secondary stats are negligible when it comes to determining your DPS.  A far deeper effect will rely on your competency to play the spec.  I've been saying this for well over a year.  Focus on your specialization and how to perfect it before you worry about stats.

You would do well to visit my Fix your DPS F.A.Q.  I can see things in your logs right away that could be improved upon if you looked at the F.A.Q. and went through the points to see if you were playing correctly.  Without giving away too many hints, your CB damage is low, your Immolate uptime is low, and you are using Rain of Fire way too much.

• Like 1

The reason you see high parsing Warlocks with various stat budgets should solidify the stance that secondary stats are negligible when it comes to determining your DPS.  A far deeper effect will rely on your competency to play the spec.  I've been saying this for well over a year.  Focus on your specialization and how to perfect it before you worry about stats.

You would do well to visit my Fix your DPS F.A.Q.  I can see things in your logs right away that could be improved upon if you looked at the F.A.Q. and went through the points to see if you were playing correctly.  Without giving away too many hints, your CB damage is low, your Immolate uptime is low, and you are using Rain of Fire way too much.

Many thanks - looking at the FAQ now! Any more suggestions please keep them coming :)