FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sagnuts

PBI for Disc

While i cant give a yes or no definitive answer, our disc priest tried it and said the proc rate was terrible.

As it only increases the crit heal and damage not the crit rating you would imo be better off with the thok/sha pairing.

PBI is for dps classes ONLY.  It does not proc for disc spec priests.  I believe the amp still works, but just the amp by itself is garbage.

Go with  [Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity], [Prismatic Prison of Pride] instead. 

BiS is relative to the fight you are on, heavy aoe fights thoks will shine better than pbi/sieges/sha's

PBI is a great for fights where you can atonement a lot, you don't get the proc but the crit dmg and crit healing amp is still good.

With both amp trinkets double upgraded, 16% crit dmg + the 16% crit heal = epic atonement healing

and since the crit dmg is applied first then the crit healing, therefor not garbage.

Edited by Omnae

What?!

There's no way PBI is BiS on any fight.  Not without the proc.  I mean, if it IS BiS, it's BiS on account solely on its amp, so your second trinket must be the other amp trinket, the one you do get the proc for.

I'm pretty sure the amps don't give you much at all in the way of secondary stats.  Samophlange's static int alone beats the gains by a TON, and then there's the mana gain procs.

No joke.  I think that trinket is really only good for HoT classes (mistweavers, trees.) 

I'm not sure why a disc would be wearing thoks, unless something better just hasn't dropped. 

EDIT: by the way, your Reglitch link is busted.

I know, he deleted his old posts and I'm trying to get him to put them back up

PBI is good for a mistweaver though.

It does proc for mistweavers at least.

The damage one does not have the role restriction like the healer one does. Though it may proc less for other healers. Not sure.

....?  Literally everything I've read on the subject says that the damage one (PBI, from immersius) does not proc for healers.  Are you sure that it's PBI that's procing and giving you extra int?

I personally haven't used it, but I've seen several accounts of it and brewmonksta on the monk forums uses both and says they have both procced at the same time

PBI proc name

PPP proc

Brewmonksta Mistweaver Logs

Go to "Buffs gained" -> Click the "#" next to "Expanded Mind" and "Titanic Restoration"

Like that it shows you when they proced during the fight.  On this particular log, the proc was pretty low, which I can only assume it may be the case for all fights, but it is indeed proccing nonetheless.

sjq1cz0.png

That is lame that it will proc for MW, there are even blue posts that say PBI won't proc for healers. I know personally it doesn't proc for disc but its it still worth using for atonement.

I can't be 100% sure but I've read somewhere that it can proc on everyhealer but you have to melee hit something in order for it to proc.

Maybe that's the reason why it has procced as much as the healing trinket for the monk.

Could be.  I won't believe it until I see some logs though.  And even if I do, I'm sure as hell not going to stop casting long enough to swing my staff, or stay in melee range the whole fight. 

Maybe that's the reason why it has procced as much as the healing trinket for the monk.

Procs off CJL just fine. The only spell i cant seem to get it to proc with is Chi burst(or other tier talents)

Our disc priest tried to get it to proc even as far as using SW:P and couldnt.

I guess monks just get lucky that we count as dps and melee while we are healing. biggrin.png

The trinket only procs of melee hits indeed but even so, it is a good trinket if you have an atonement heavy fight and you don´t need the mana gains from blackfuse. Also on 25 man mana resources are alot greater then 10 man. So i´ve heard of people running both amp trinkets with 6-7k spirit and pulling big numbers. 

So yes it´s probably BiS in those situations, else no

Edited by shinbou