FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Christmas Contest - Final Voting

Favorite Christmas Cards  

404 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

EDIT: Mega Bloks will be providing surprise prizes for the winners!

Christmas Contest

The time has come for you, our dear readers, to vote for your favorite Christmas Cards from among the 20 best sumissions we received! EDIT: We have just learnt that Mega Bloks will be providing surprise prizes for the winners!

The time has come for you, our dear readers, to vote for your favorite Christmas Cards from among the 20 best sumissions we received! Voting will close on Wednesday, the 25th of December at 22:00 GMT. Make sure to click the cards to see them in full resolution.

A entry A
C entry C
E entry E
G entry G
I entry I
K entry K
M entry M
O entry O
Q entry Q
S entry S
B entry B
D entry D
F entry F
H entry H
J entry J
L entry L
N entry N
P entry P
R entry R
T entry T

We selected these 20 entries from the 159 submissions we received by askinga number of friends what their 10 favorite cards were. Then, we simply retained thecards that got the most votes. The peoplewe asked were: our moderating team (excluding those who had submitted entries),Team Robot, chaud fromMMO-Champion, Anne Stickney andDawn Moore from WoW Insider,Steve DeVries from J!NX, our accountmanager at Intergi, andTwintop (our Shadow Priestreviewer).

• Like 6

I had a much easier time picking my 10 choices to be finalists than I did picking just a few to to be the winners. I know I can pick multiple choices now too, but I wanted to keep my votes to only my 3-4 favorites. A few of these are definitely funny, and then a few of these are such high quality they could be printed on a post card today and mailed out as real Christmas cards. Good luck to everyone that's made it this far, and to everyone else thank you for your submissions. there are many more we truly enjoyed.

• Like 3

Come on guys, J needs more votes! biggrin.png

Seriously, it's a cute kid giving a cookie to a dinosaur... how can that go wrong?

Vote J for Jesus (...and probably Jalak)! 

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little upset I didn't make it in to the top 20.

I spent several hours on my card, when clearly some of these picks have little then a few minutes in to them or are just other peoples modified artwork.

Did my card just get overlooked? Or is it really not good enough for the voting process?

I can assure you that it did not get overlooked. It just didn't receive enough votes to get through the process. Personally, I liked it and found it clever.

In my opinion there are 3 that look like they didn't take too much time to make compared to the others, but that doesn't make them bad. They're all excellent, and the voting process was extremely difficult for the mods.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little upset I didn't make it in to the top 20.

I spent several hours on my card, when clearly some of these picks have little then a few minutes in to them or are just other peoples modified artwork.

Did my card just get overlooked? Or is it really not good enough for the voting process?

SfiFx2w.jpg?1

I am sorry that you feel disappointed. I very well know that some pictures here demanded a lot less work that others, but the question that was asked to the 22 people who helped us choose were "what are your 10 favorite cards", not "choose the 10 cards that were the hardest/longest to make". And I think it may not have been very obvious to us that you had spent so much time on the card.

Some cards even have official artwork (D and H, as far as I can see), but they were heavily modified to fit the theme of the contest, so I decided to leave them.

Nice entrys, but I thin that entry H is not valid, that pic is from blizzard http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2008/11/lich_king_by_raneman-sms-1108.jpg

See my answer to jbdevs.

There were over 150 submissions. Having the crowd vote on that would be insanely overwhelming.

The end result will not be different, unless the winner got all their friends and won because of a popularity contest. Losing a competition is never fun, I myself entered this competition and I believe the choices made were the right ones. There's always tough competition, there's always tough choices to make.

Let's not spoil a fun competition and these very deserving entries with controversial arguments.

If it's any consolation jbdevs, you were likely on the verge of making it into the finals with the rest of them. Don't get yourself down, its a wonderful design and concept. As you can see by my signature, which I really enjoyed making, I do find the 8-bit look to be quite artistic.

• Like 1

I vote Q

my card also took alot of time to make, but I knew it wasn't that great editing wise so I didn't expect it to make top 20.  Gl everyone in top 20

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who submitted entries, and congratulations to the finalists. It's so very hard to pick just one. I like them all! T.T

That said, my vote goes to 'P'. It is just so... sweetly sentimental. <3

@Damien: Am I misunderstanding something in your post? You say 20 entries but there are actually 21 shown in your post. "This Christmas watch your backs druids..." doesn't have a letter. My bad, I didn't know it is part of 'O'.

Edited by AliokWOWDB

Ooh! I got into the top 20. Hurray! (Although I don't approve of the ones that used spliced fanart/official art. A bunch were disqualified for that very reason, were they not?)  Good luck to everyone who made it into the finals!

Really happy to see my entry (Q) made it through, although competition looks fierce.

Best of luck everyone!

I vote Q

my card also took alot of time to make, but I knew it wasn't that great editing wise so I didn't expect it to make top 20.  Gl everyone in top 20

Thanks for the vote! :)

Ooh! I got into the top 20. Hurray! (Although I don't approve of the ones that used spliced fanart/official art. A bunch were disqualified for that very reason, were they not?)  Good luck to everyone who made it into the finals!

Yes, a bunch of submissions were disqualified, but they didn't reuse something, they just took a piece and put their names on it. Ultimately, we had to draw a line between what is acceptable and what is not, and we can't forbid people to use elements taken from somewhere else, especially when they assemble them in a clever way. I can understand that some people would have put that line to be more (or less) restrictive regarding the entries we accepted.

In any case, it does not look like any of the incriminated entries has any real chance to win.

• Like 2

First a foremost, congratulations to all of the finalists! Your artwork is awesome!

I understand I am not one to judge, and in no way, shape, or form am I saying that my submission is better than any of these (trust me I am not that good an artist, lol). I think this was a fantastic opportunity that we had here, however, I think too much emphasis was on how well someone can Photoshop/draw, or whatever. I know some of the entries had really cool ideas, but the artwork just wasn’t A+ awesome. Just my personal opinion, I feel like that wasn’t that fair to some of us who aren’t as artistically inclined. Just exercising my First Amendment. J

Again, congrats to all the finalists!  

That is a fair point, but also in my opinion some of these artists took their time from paid artwork in attempt to win prizes of money value, which is sorta like being paid for their work. If it were an engineering competition, the decision would be who was the better engineer. I would hate to spend 40 hours designing a heavily tasking project to design something to lose to something that had a good poem mixed with a meh picture (example being my entry). That's just how I saw it.