FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cedrin

sacrifice spell lock range?

What is the range for spell lock when I get it from sacrificing? I seem to have it only work half the time, especially on garrosh mc's

Edited by Cedrin

Same range as the Felhunter's Spell Lock.  I'm pretty sure it's 25 yards, but I stand to be corrected.  I'm 100% sure it is the same range as your Felhunter's, however.

What is the range for spell lock when I get it from sacrificing? I seem to have it only work half the time, especially on garrosh mc's

Maybe a silly question, but are you trying to use it while casting another spell?

Otherwise it has the same range as your other spells and the only other reason I can see it failing is if you use some kind of focus macro with it that isn't set up properly.

Maybe a silly question, but are you trying to use it while casting another spell?

Otherwise it has the same range as your other spells and the only other reason I can see it failing is if you use some kind of focus macro with it that isn't set up properly.

There's also the fact that it has a silence mechanic that doesn't always work the way some people expect. On Garrosh MCs, for instance, spell lock functions differently between phase 2 and 3. In phase 2, it will function not only as an interrupt but as a silence, preventing the spell from being cast. In phase 3, it no longer silences the mobs (since they're stun/silence immune at this point) and can only be used as an interrupt. That may be the issue he saw on Garrosh.

True.  I definitely wouldn't recommend using it as a silence on this fight.  It works best as an interrupt for MC's at all times.

Not a spell lock specific comment, but make sure your paladins have their Devotion Aura on CD before they get MC'd. We've had that happen where the MC'd person either popped devo aura just before for some reason and therefore were immune to being interrupted, or the MC actually used it DURING the MC. Either way I'm sure that's a really rare case, but I think its actually happened twice to us... either from people derping or just bad luck with what the MC uses.