FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hazemat

Another DPS help thread.

Hello all. 

I am an ilvl 540 frost mage having serious trouble with high sustained dps. Basically, when I pop all my CD's (not including time warp) the DPS is about 220-240k. After the CD's though, things go realllly sour. I average 140k give or take sustained DPS for an encounter. Of course this is increased if there are multiple adds. I am mostly talking about single target encounters. 

Now, world of logs will not let me log unless I register with a guild (if there is a way to get around this nonsense I would sure love to know), so all I have is a link to my armory for now. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackwater-raiders/Hazesho/simple

I know my cuffs are ass, and for the frost bomb talent, it's usually LB, I just switched it at the time to experiment with something. 

My bomb uptime may not be exactly optimal, but I feel overall its solid. The only bad habit I have is sometimes I refresh it too quickly. Not too often, I do have mage bomb tracker and its tightened that up for me because I don't like when it yells at me, lol. Also, I tap step out of frostbolts if I get procs of anything (I don't know if this a good or a bad thing). I never like having procs up unless I have IV/AT up (which I have macroed together). I use evocation before every encounter. I just really don't know why I cannot sustain higher DPS, unless my DPS is fine and I am fretting over nothing. 

If anyone could help, that would be much appreciated. Thank you smile.png

Edited by Hazemat

Do you have any logs? If you do I will post an analysis that'll make your soul melt.

In WoL you can just make up a guild, it doesn't have to be real. I prefer warcraftlogs.com anyway.

Get me a Malkorok LFR, Flex, Normal, or Heroic parse and we'll be set.

Do you have any logs? If you do I will post an analysis that'll make your soul melt.

In WoL you can just make up a guild, it doesn't have to be real. I prefer warcraftlogs.com anyway.

Get me a Malkorok LFR, Flex, Normal, or Heroic parse and we'll be set.

I'll work on getting a Malkorok log up ASAP.

Alright, I'm still a noob at WOL so sorry if its difficult to read or anything. 

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tiw49ujvur63jf9j/details/1/

Personal notes - the fight was intensely laggy, I would have to press LB two or three times to refresh it. I even set the graphics to low and it was still an issue. Maybe internet problems today. I also derped and didn't have WM out before the pull. I got him out right at the start though, so probably a DPS loss there. We wiped once because fools decided to run AWAY from the puddles, and stand in breath. Other than that, anything you notice would be greatly appreciated. smile.png

Edit: Probably best to look at the boss attempts. There was a long period where I was waiting for the raid to que and it registered me doing nothing, lol.

Edited by Hazemat

Here you go - click to make it bigger!

uQF7i41.png

Beyond awesome. Appreciated so much. This might sound absolutely absurd but I never thought to have invokers energy up as much as possible. Wow, I can't believe I am losing that much primarily because of that. I've always hated channeling it in the middle of combat, I actually thought that would cause DPS loss, lol. The LB thing like I said, I was lagging kind of hard so I would have to press it two or three times to get it going. For the Ice Lance, I think I do it mostly when I am on the move, say to get to a puddle just to get out a little damage while im on the go. 

This will definitely help a lot. Again, much appreciated.

Edited by Hazemat

We all hate channeling in combat, it's why there's a huge, and I mean huge push from the mage community towards the developers to get rid of those stupid Level 90 talents.

Please submit an in-game suggestion and make a forum post on the US Battle.net forums expressing that you do not enjoy using the L90 talents during combat. There are still a couple devs who aren't entirely convinced that maintenance buffs are a bad thing, we need to either gag them and lock them in a closet or persuade them with more feedback from players.

Hope this info inspires you to improve-- I don't think you're a bad mage, math can appear harsh sometimes when it's just to help! Good luck with progression and loot drops!

We all hate channeling in combat, it's why there's a huge, and I mean huge push from the mage community towards the developers to get rid of those stupid Level 90 talents.

Please submit an in-game suggestion and make a forum post on the US Battle.net forums expressing that you do not enjoy using the L90 talents during combat. There are still a couple devs who aren't entirely convinced that maintenance buffs are a bad thing, we need to either gag them and lock them in a closet or persuade them with more feedback from players.

Hope this info inspires you to improve-- I don't think you're a bad mage, math can appear harsh sometimes when it's just to help! Good luck with progression and loot drops!

Not at all. I want to be as optimal as possible, hence why I made the thread :) I dummy tested keeping invokers up and it was already a DPS increase. That definitely helped a lot. Some refinement will do nicely now :). I'll post up another malkorok update in a few days to see if I have improved.

My DPS went up my 14k since the last time. Tested on Malkorok again. This really helped a ton. My mage bomb uptime is suffering a tad from it, but I will be able to adapt and get used to it and get it back to at least solid levels. 

Quick question. How do you erase or stop logging? I would of uploaded a log, but its been storing information since yesterday when I tried the first time.

You can erase the combatlog in the game's Logs folder. For stopping combatloging, you have to write /combatlog again.

Alternatively there is an addon: Auto Combat Logger that turns on loging when u enter an instance and turns it of when you leave.