FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Emphino

Disc Confusion...

Hi there I'm here to enquire  as to what will be best for Atonement healing because I don't use Spirit Shell at all. I was a decent healer in my guild before I left n took a 6 month break and  vaguely rememebr stack Crit,  but since coming back I figured I'd check Ask MrRobot who has told me to stack Haste, I can see the theory in it  but I'm not getting the results. For instance I was healing  last night  in flex  on Galakras (something like that.) and at one point i was not only was I out healed by  the pally tank I was out healed by  our Shadow Priest. 

So I guess to summerise I here to ask what's the best stat prioity  to go for with Atonment healing?

Spell rotation is vaguely Sw:S- PoM-(target mob)Sw:P- HF-Pen-Smite- MAnna regen thing  (if i remember) Smite-smite roughly.

secondary stat priority is generally accepted to be Crit > Mastery > Haste.  Get as much spirit as you need to not go OOM.

If you're never spirit shelling, you're doin' it wrong.  Spirit Shell + PoH gives extremely mana efficient shielding, assuming even most of it gets used.  Try to always use it whenever the boss is doing some power move, or maybe on cooldown if the boss AoE pulses the raid. 

I typically Attonement as much as I can and switch to traditional heals when the raid damage is becoming significant.  I try to keep PoM active and bouncing around as close to 100% as possible. 

I wouldn't use Cascade on CD.  That seems like a meter padding method to me. 

It's worth repeating that you should be using Spirit Shell, early and often as the fight dictates.  Use PoH to stack your Spirt Shell on groups.  Iniating the PoH on a tank or melee dps is usually a safe bet to hit the other members of their respective parties.

Same as when you left, and contrary to Mr. Robot you should be stacking Crit>Mastery above all else once you are comfortable with your Mana Regen.  Make sure you are using a Rapture tracker to maximize your Regen, I cannot stress how important this is to proc Rapture for Regen every time it is available.

You mentioned Galakras. The healing intensive part of the fight usually requires a stacking or linear strategy for location.  You would be better to take Divine Star in instances like that.  Also worth mentioning to pick up Twist of Fate as your go to Talent in that tree.

Great job keeping track of your AA, keep the uptime as high as possible.  You were a decent healer 6 months ago, you'll pick it up again.  Atone as much and as often as possible when not proccing rapture and passing out PoM's (in between using your new best friend Spirit Shell).  As you know, Disc is all about fight prep and anticipation. Your rotation is sound and will vary based on needs of firebreathers and firestanders. Carry tomes on you to switch out your L90 Talent and glyphs on a fight by fight basis.

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 2

I agree with most of what Gwen said, however I would be saving Rapture for free mana with legendary metagem procs.  That being said, if you've been gone 6 months, it's sound advice (also, get your legendary crap asap.)

Cascade on cd is def meter padding. If you're not using spirit shell, you've abandoned skill and are pretty much hope healing.