FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mjw301b

2h Frost help raidinf

First just want to say that i hope you shed some light on the situation for me, I recently switched from pvp to raiding, I am trying to see if I a complete failure right now at this. my character's name is Immanis on kel thuzad realm if you want to take a look at my gear. I have a 534 ilvl and i am struggling to do 115k dps a boss. Is this normal? When do i start being able to do over 200k dps? thank you for any info you can give me

First just want to say that i hope you shed some light on the situation for me, I recently switched from pvp to raiding, I am trying to see if I a complete failure right now at this. my character's name is Immanis on kel thuzad realm if you want to take a look at my gear. I have a 534 ilvl and i am struggling to do 115k dps a boss. Is this normal? When do i start being able to do over 200k dps? thank you for any info you can give me

Hello Mjw301b! (where does this name come from? :D)

I cannot tell you at the moment how much a DK should do, since I am not a DK. However, I can tell you for sure, that gearing, reforging and such things usually affect your DPS much less than your rotation, playstyle whatsoever.

That being said, I can see that you are 0.3% above expertise, and 3,23% above hit cap. These stats could be reforged into something more beneficial I believe. Also, glyph of Enduring Infection has no benefits in PVE, and maxing your Blacksmithing would give you more gem sockets that you can gem. The PvP trinket could be replaced as well as soon as possible :)

Other than this, I'm sure if you could link us a combatlog link to us, one of our DK moderators would be more than happy to have a look at your rotation, and disease uptimes and such things that can easily affect your DPS.

• Like 2

Looking at an armory will rarely show us anything, if you want a full answer, you'll need to post a worldoflogs or warcraftlogs link to us, so we can analyze your playstyle. Most of your dps is from how you play, not how you gem and reforge (those are still important, but not everything). 

However, seeing your gear, you have 2 pieces of tanking gear (tier gloves, crafted legs). These are not optimal for Frost dps. In addition, you are way over the hit cap (7.5%), and a little over the expertise cao (7.5%). I strongly advise using AMR (AskMrRobot) to do your reforging and gemming.

• Like 1

Yeaa, it actually does say. :)

That is basically due to (bad) luck on the items you got. Too many hit chance, but it can't be helped I guess. :) It's fine then in this case.

• Like 1

Yeah, sometimes the hit can't be helped. I actually have a similar problem with my blood dk, to a lesser extent. So the biggest thing now is just getting your playstyle analyzed. Just get logs of you running an LFR, preferably the Iron Juggernaut or Malkorok fights, as they are purely single target. If you don't have a guild that logs, just make your own guild under whatever name you want to log for. 

• Like 1

Yeah, remove the glyph of enduring infection. 30% less dps from your diseases is quite a bit of dps loss. Your PVP trinket is also contributing to almost no useful DPS in PVE. Try to get at least the 489/496 dps trinkets with JP, if not the 522 trinket with Valor.

• Like 1

For 534 ilvl optimal on AMR is probably not actually optimal for you. For 2H frost I would reforge and gem everything into Haste first until you can get to 70-80%. then follow AMR's advice for crit after that. You will lose a lot of dps from slow rune regen if you have under 70% haste.

Other than that 115k isn't too bad for 534 ilvl. The most I could pull off in ToT was about 150k with around 540 ilvl in my dps set. You won't start doing 200k until you're at least in the 550+ range.

• Like 2