FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Taelen

What Am I Doing Wrong as a Fury Warrior?

I'm consistently getting beaten pretty badly by a comparably geared BM Hunter and Ret Paladin. We're talking 40-80k DPS night in, night out. We're working on Garrosh, and as I see it I'm the DPS who's underperforming the most. I was hoping to get a few pointers, as I'm really starting to get frustrated with it. Still having fun on raid nights, but I don't want to be the guy holding us back.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Taelen/advanced

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b1ze3tyhuzk8gbb4/ (Immerseus-Nazgrim)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hqmlst2fily7rvso/ (Malkorok-Paragons)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pivqqiph4ewymg7n/ (Garrosh wipe night)

I'm our 3rd tank for Dark Shamans and at the end of the Garrosh logs there's a wing 1 clear where I'm tanking as well so just ignore that stuff. I know that's a lot of logs to go over, but I figured seeing a bunch of different fights would tell you more than repeatedly wiping on Garrosh.

Generally, I'm trying to adhere as closely as possible to the rotation/priority in the Fury guide. I'm not going to claim I do a great job sticking to it at all times, but I do a pretty good job lining up my Colossus Smash phases I think. Main thing I've been trying to focus on lately is keeping my Enrage uptime high since it seemed a little low to me. Another thing; I know I'm bad at using my second Potion. I'm trying to work on that as well, but I don't want to just macro it into my burst CD either.

I really appreciate you taking the time to take a look at this. Thanks so much.

Edited by Taelen

I'll attempt to pass on some of the help I received recently from a similar question.

Looking at your logs, what I see is you cast 14 SB's and 14 CS.  You were alive for 6 minutes.  Over a 6 minute duration you're able to cast 18 CS.  So you were 14/18 there.

You cast BT 46 times.  With a 4.5 second CD, you should be able to do about 13 BT's a minute, over a 6 minute duration that's 78 BT's.  So you're 46/78 there.

That looks to be the culprit right there, which is also the reason your time spent enraged is incredibly low.  You were at around 50% and you want to be closer to 90%.

Attempt to hit BT as soon as it's off CD.  You can only fit 2 abilities between each BT (unless they're the free-rage WS then you can do 3).  So the only time you should be skipping any BT's is if you don't need them to stay enraged or to proc a RB when you're inside a CS window.  Namely... BR is off cd and you're going to use that to prolong enrage and proc a RB off the gcd to use inside CS.

I'm sure there is more going on and some more people can assist... and correct me if I misspoke but the wife is walking in the door atm so I need to be on the run, gl.

Zubrowka is looking at the right things, but I'll still go ahead and dive in too. I'll take a look at your Sha of Pride kill, since I can't look at Malkorok because you were tanking it.

The fight lasted 5:56. You casted 15 CS and 14 SB. not only did you miss out on 2 uses of CS and 3 of SB, you ended up casting a different number of CS and SB, which should not happen. Every single CS window should start by a SB, and you can easily do it since you have a normal EEoG.

Your crit chance is ~40%, so we would expect an enrage uptime of around 80% (ideally even more than that). You were at 65% for the fight. To bring this up, there are 2 things you must watch out for: First, use BT more often. You used 50/79 BTs on the Sha of Pride kill. You want to push that up. Second, watch out for your Berserker Rage usage. You used it a couple times in the fight when you were already enraged, and a couple times outside of CS too.

Finally, you seem to be wasting RB procs. You got a total of 39 RB charges during the fight, and used only between 30-34 of them (it's hard to determine exactly because of your Meat Cleaver stacks, but even in the best case scenario you wasted 5 RBs). Remember to always cast RB once you get 2 charges of it to make sure that none is wasted.

-----

Looking at Garrosh, I'm wondering why you are using Shockwave. Bladestorm will do much more damage to the adds in phase 1, and with EEoG, it will also be up to break out every MC. It can also be used to speed up the transitions quite a bit.

Other than that it is a lot of the same issues arising again, i.e. only using 25 CS out of 30+ possible, and 24 SB out of 30+, etc. You also used 70 BTs out of 150+ possible, which is less than half the BTs you could have cast. This also explains your ~55% Enrage uptime.

I hope this helps you, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask,

-rage

Thanks so much. The main thing I was keeping Shockwave for on Garrosh was to shut down MCs. Hadn't considered using Bladestorm, but I'll give it shot when we work on him next.. I had a chance to work on the dummy this morning and really focus on getting my BTs as soon as it comes off CD, ended up with an 80% uptime on Enrage, so I'm just going to keep drilling it into my head until it's second nature.

With Pummel & Disrupting shout, you shouldn't have any problems shutting down MCs. Moreover, Shockwave is useless in P3 since MCs cannot be stunned at that point.

Update: We got Garrosh in 3 attempts tonight. I still got beaten semi-badly by our Hunter and Paladin, but my enrage uptime is more where it needs to be and I did some flexes over the weekend which went very well DPS-wise. Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it.