FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Drehmontaldi

Legendary Meta Gem for Disc

Hello Drehmontaldi !

The Sinister Diamond for me is not better than the Courageous cause with the Courageous meta, you can cast your PW:Shield on the cooldown of your meta (no mana cost for 4s). With the passive : spell_holy_rapture.jpgRapture, you will gain the base mana cost of your shield (something like 13K mana) when it will fade (cause of damage, so prefer to cast the shield on the tank who currently tanking the boss).

With this meta, you can optimize your priority stats. No more than 9-10K spirit is needed with this tip. You can reforge your items in crit or mastery stats.

Be sure to use an addon, to show you the spellalert of your meta. (Weakaura does it really nicely).

Edited by Manaberry
  • Like 1

I agree with Manaberry and prefer the Courageous as well.  There are 2 schools of thought I've come across for PWS and your Meta Proc.

1) Those that wait for the Courageous Meta to Proc and throw PWS on the tank and get the free Rapture effect, netting you positive mana.

2) I belong to this one.  Those who cast PWS on the tank on Rapture Cooldown using a Weakaura or addon like Ingela's to track the CD.  When the Meta Procs there is almost certain another person that could benefit from an immediate "free" PWS. Casting on Rapure CD will net you 0 mana but you get the "free" PWS per Rapture CD and any other PWS casts during the Meta Proc will be "free" as well.

Like Manaberry suggested get a Weakaura to track your Meta Proc, if you havent done so already.  No matter which school you subscribe to, you'll be able to get another 1 or 2 casts off, 2 with some good WA attention.  You can use this as you see best fit for the encounter.  A lot of the time I find myself using it for more PWS casts on the offtank or those pro firestanders.  Getting more than one PWS on a target that will benefit from it will have the most beneficial effect on Heal/Mana efficiency offered across both choices of Meta Gems.

TLDR: Adding to the benefits of being able to optimize your secondary stats better by taking the Courageous over Sinister reducing comfortable Spirit levels as previously mentioned.  You can increase your efficiency of Heal/Mana with easy to snag Meta and Rapture tracking tools.

Oprah Winfrey plays a Disc priest...   "Tank get a PWS!! Offtank gets a PWS! Firestanders gets a PWS!  EVERYONE GETS A PWS!

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 2

If you're using the DPS L.Metagem as disc, you're doing it wrong, period end of statement.  The mana back from PW:S, and being cast for free, is just too powerful.  The first reply covered everything I would have said.

Download Weakaura addon and import my weakaura here: >

If you're using the DPS L.Metagem as disc, you're doing it wrong, period end of statement.  The mana back from PW:S, and being cast for free, is just too powerful.  The first reply covered everything I would have said.

Download Weakaura addon and import my weakaura here:

I do not think their link is working.  Here is the WA string I found further down in the forum for tracking LMG Proc:

dOt1caGAvL06jvLxsQQ2faTnvvmtcP5IQMTQCtHQBJsTtc1EP2Tk7ha9ts0WKIFR0qfHbdadxOCquYJjLJjKZPQQwOuAPQQYIvvILl4WqEkYYiPEoO)kstvQMmutxXfjepdvCzjxxuBeqDAI2mbBxvrMgj5RKQ8zu8DGAKQkySQk0ObY4vvQtsQCla5AKW5rLETQk9nr04uvu7i3njnP7MkiG0kEDA7b5Py17LsGq4fCAC0HAZHZe0KAaBaKJj2MWMWUBAZZtELBn9TsbbyngyGu8FuZ)jvZ5hoQu1eXPXcaPsHjSeg7H42RVhtjuQNi)zIRsbbyngyGuLKts1CI4OqDsfFwDs1waivkmbRNqIvEJPwL9UY4MMGKHPcUBAbFkVhx3A6qSlO7wCKjrZAsSC46XJjqLKb0yXrnnMElc7UPW(k3nXo)gP7E84XKWEdj1xzX)OWuOyK715gRmj12ZK2Up8c(CRPVMHJuGRjrfb4Ujeglh5EOx6eKmmva6UhtGL4bKfh10ycPnY9GUBcoOW4Uj8MY8wW(lMWBkCZh2TMGB(WM0DtfeqAfplmEpiVEf6xw5acYNybxbw5acgVWsepT5dd5HXEiiiaxggtWnF4unqO7QNjc4p6XKG8KqqUBcU5dBs3nvqaPv8SW49G86vOFzLdiiFIfCfyLdiy8clr80MpmKxekbR)0FeGldJj8MYUGqet5wt4nfU5d7wpEmDz29GKHPcqloYKeB6df6vbaca21Gaiayk2EmHC3KOznjwoCnP7MkiG0kEDA7b5Py17LsGq4fCAC0HAZHZJPpzXrQIA8yd

Edited by Gwenymph

Thanks for the advices guys, those aswers were exactly what I was looking for and trying to understand. I wasn't understanding why some PWS free was so much better than the 30% proc from Sinister Diamond. Thanks again.

Also thanks for the suggestion of WeakAura.

• Like 1