FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Guest garmeth06

Optimizing AoE on dark shaman + immerseus + Sha of pride

Guest garmeth06

1. For the slimes on normal mode dark shamans, do i apply FnB immolate to the slimes? They don't all spawn at the same time which means I can't immediately use the immolate and I'm not sure if I should just stick to incinerate spam. If I shouldn't use FnB immolate, should I even rain of fire at this point? The RoF will be unbuffed

2. Should I use fire and brimstone immolate on the self reflections on normal sha of pride? This is simply a matter of, do the self reflections live long enough to justify the immolate cast.

3. Mannoroth's fury for immerseus heroic?

Dark Shaman RoF is useful, Immolate is not. If I'm on slimes alone then I shadowfury the first few of them, wait till more spawn, then go to town with F&B - keeping RoF down full time. RoF isn't down for damage, it's down for embers.

I don't Immolate on Sha, but again if you're soloing the adds then they will likely live long enough for Immolate. 

I never use Mannoroth's this tier.

• Like 1

Well, i see you got some answers allredy, but i'll still go Ahead and answer these question according to my own preference and experience.

1. In my raiding team, its only me, a priest and a mage that ranged and it makes the most sense that me as a Lock should priorise the slimes, but still so, they wont live for long and using immolate is neither a gain for dps not embers, as mentioned from lockybalboa, use rain of fire and use FnB, preferably with atlast 1 charge of conflagrate and then just incinerate them down.

2. On sha, since the adds do spawn in melee, most ppl can aoe them down +  the fact that on hc theres usually the tank not holding sha also being there and taking the adds, they wont really live that long. So i try to use RoF for the pure purpose of gaining embers, which gives me slightly more dps on the boss.

3. Its an awfully underwelming talent for destro and i've not seen any good use for it what so ever since it only increases the dmg of RoF for a small amount of time on CD, if it did increase the dmg done by FnB it would be more interesting, but ofc i wouldnt know the result of that without testing it out if it was the case

Guest garmeth06

Thanks to the both of you for the advice.

Looks like I was making some significant AoE mistakes then.

Edited by garmeth06

I agree with what everyone said on Dark Shaman but I play Sha differently and I'm seeing large numbers (300-350k dps reg at 560 ilevel).

When adds spawn I like to:

shadowfury (hold them down for tanks) -> RoF -> immolate -> conflag -> incinerate spam

When adds are getting low I havoc the boss and can usually 2xshadowburn off the adds.  You will get a lot more damage/ember generation this way than just letting RoF tick on adds.

Edit:  As others have said, Mammoth's Fury is a terrible talent b/c majority of our aoe damage comes from incinerate spamming + conflag w/ FnB.

Edited by Cardio33

A big factor is your other raid. My record on heroic Sha is 458k that I did a couple months and 10 item levels ago simply because I was in a 25-man full of people that liked to tunnel the boss, which left me as the only warlock free to do 60-70% of all damage to adds on the fight. I'm 575 now, and I've since struggled to get there. Why? The other 25man groups I've played with since, while extremely derpy, have at least been better about AoEing because they all want in on that damage to look better on meters. Similarly, I haven't been in a guild for a while that was really bad at Nazgrim adds, but I've had nights in that first guild where I was getting 2-4 Shadowburns on every add. On my last kill I was able to get 1 or at most 2 if I was lucky/very quick.

The long and short of it is this:

If you're in a raid group where you're competing to get damage in on the adds, don't bother with Immolate. RoF is good, especially if you can dump some extra embers on the boss in the form of Chaos Bolt before tossing some RoF down as adds spawn to build back. I try to hold at least one conflag charge for once the adds are up (if I can get the second charge to come up the global right before or right after casting that first FNB Conflag on them, I'll do that too), and then use my Backdraft on FNB Incin. As the adds thin out to the point that some people start chilling on AoE (usually as the first half start to die), you can Havoc a boss to get some Shadowburns in.

If you're in a raid group where your other teammates aren't good at switching to adds or where you are assigned specifically to be on adds by yourself or mostly by yourself, or any other situation in your raid where you will be able to do a huge chunk of the damage on them, that's when you use Immolate on them and then work your normal magic with Incin and Conflag and RoF.

Edited by Kazistrasz

Pretty much that ^

When I was in a 10 man I would immolate because adds would be up a while, in my 25 man they all die in under 10 seconds because everyone blows them up.

Now I use Havoc on Sha right before the adds come out, throw down a RoF, then try and get as many FnB Conflag/Incins out before they thin out then try and mouseover shadowburn snipe them to havoc onto Sha. 

Edited by Strife

Guest garmeth06

Thanks guys, these suggestions really worked. Manage to put up a 93% percentile parse in 555. Good stuff and huge improvement from before.