FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Grahmrook

What is X stat worth to me?

So in the end, this is a gearing suggestion question, ultimately asking what are points in certain stats worth compared to other stats.  Long story short here is RNG hates me and through multiple Heroic/Normal runs, I am still rocking Necklace of Fading Light.  Last night I got Untainted Guardian's Chain for off spec.  I have the VP to upgrade either one, but I would rather not burn them on a Flex piece.  Unupgraded using the heroic neck gives this result (AMR raid buffed) with the changes on the right being over the flex neck.

Intellect          31188    +310
Stamina         41081    +464
Spirit              11998    +18
Mastery         65.47%  +3.86%
Spell Power   48421    +341
Crit (?)          39.48%  -1.19%
Haste            33.87%  -0.05%

Here is the opinion time.  Is the 341 SP worth sacrificing a little over 1% crit.  If yes, do I go ahead and upgrade it?  Our current progression is on H Spoils, which *can* drop a neck, but I am not banking on a heroic kill nor on RNG.  Sha refuses to give me his neck, but I cannot complain too loudly as I coined PPP and token off him.  Otherwise, do I just stick with the flex neck and carry on, waiting to see if I get one off sha/spoils? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Grahmrook

I'm guessing you're asking for Resto?  Because for Ele, it's a no brainer.  (And your signature says Ele)

I would keep rockin' the Flex neck for Resto.  The int gain is nice, but you're wasting ~500 secondary stats on absolutely nothing, nevermind the fact that Mastery has a limited value, especially with all the smart heals, absorbs, and blanket healing that is typical of the end of an expansion.

• Like 1

Yeah, it is for resto, sorry, the sig only updates once a week and I was in Ele when I made it.  Thanks for the prompt reply.  I just wasn't sure on the Int vs Crit.

My off spec is looking decent though since our runs have been favoring caster DPS gear lol.

In short, my advice is to keep the flex neck. Even reforged the hit is wasted stats. I wear the heroic one off of sha myself and don't want a different one. Just keep trying for the sha neck.

In a lot of cases I'd go with the higher item level but when you ignore the hit, it brings it back a few levels. And I am a huge fan of crit. 

The more I consider it the more I feel that the flex item is better. I would upgrade it unless you think you have a shot at the other necks. The one off of Sha seems to drop quite a lot. I think most of our healers already have it. If you guys are skipping over that boss though, then it might be fuzzier. 

Edited by CptDan
  • Like 1

I would look at it this way;

1. We've previously established in other threads that 2 Crit > 1 Int for gearing purposes
  2. So call it 2 Crit = 1 SP, that's 720 Crit points loss (based on the stat change) to a 341 SP gain.
  3. If I find the different in terms of stat values, taking account of the weight, I do (720*2)-341 = 1099
  4. Ergo, the Crit loss is equivalent to a loss of about 1.1k Spell Power (net)

I wouldn't take it.

• Like 1

Thank you smile.png it is for this math geekery I throw these things out there!  Alas, I am naught but an english nerd, not well versed in the ways of these things known as... "numbers".  That said, dang it!   

I would look at it this way;

1. We've previously established in other threads that 2 Crit > 1 Int for gearing purposes
  2. So call it 2 Crit = 1 SP, that's 720 Crit points loss (based on the stat change) to a 341 SP gain.
  3. If I find the different in terms of stat values, taking account of the weight, I do (720*2)-341 = 1099
  4. Ergo, the Crit loss is equivalent to a loss of about 1.1k Spell Power (net)

I wouldn't take it.

In step 3, you multiplied by 2 where you should've divided.  Actual loss is about 40 Crit = 20 SP under the weighting in step 2.  The end suggestion is the same, but the comparison is much closer.

Edited by SparkSovereign

*sad trombone*

It plays when I can't do math.

Edited by Hybrys

In step 3, you multiplied by 2 where you should've divided.  Actual loss is about 40 Crit = 20 SP under the weighting in step 2.  The end suggestion is the same, but the comparison is much closer.

You forgot to take the derivative of the fourth root of pi times the speed of light and multiply it with the number f attendees at the latest nickel back concert. Of course subtracting a quotient of the ratio of hunters to warlocks will make the calculations complete.

• Like 1

Woops, yes you're right.

Thanks for spotting that! =_=

I have been forcing mysel to run the resto sham stat analyzer. Has anyone else tried this? It tells you when another stat amount will give 1% throughput or regen. I wonder if the data over time is a good predictor