FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Thorim

Hey guys, was wondering is there a way to solo Thorim in Ulduar?

I can do it on my Lock but different abilities to my Ele Shaman.

Would like to get the shoulder token for xmog.

Thanks.

It's pretty difficult to do as a shaman, and I haven't been able to nail it myself.  You can do it as a lock because of your pet, but the totem range dismisses easier.

My closest attempt (which bugged out) went like this.

1. Place Magma Totem where the Iron Dwarf healer spawns.

2. Kill all the enemies in the area, and use the switch to open the tunnel.

3. Run down the tunnel in Ghost Wolf, and kill the large construct at the end of the hall.

4. Run back towards the entrance as fast as you can after the construct dies.  Get out just past the door into the hallway.

5. Refresh your Magma Totem where the Iron Dwarf healer spawns, pref w/ Projection.

6. Wait for the ball of lightning 'raid wiper' to end it's run at that hallways door, and run through towards it before the gate closes.

7. Hope that your Magma Totem pulls enough threat on to yourself, and they run to you behind the gate.

8. Kill everything but a single mob.  Drag that remaining mob to the end of the hall, and up the stairs where the second hallway construct spawns.

9. Kill the add, kill the construct, run and tag Thorim quick!

• Like 1

Ta mate, I managed to solo probably most of Ulduar on my Lock but havent tried yet on my Ele Shammy, he should be ok to knock a few bosses over at 489.

I was just interested to see if Thorim can be done, how far have you or anyone else gotten in Ulduar solo?

Theres some really nice xmog gear in there.

Edited by Mephisto

Ta mate, I managed to solo probably most of Ulduar on my Lock but havent tried yet on my Ele Shammy, he should be ok to knock a few bosses over at 489.

I was just interested to see if Thorim can be done, how far have you or anyone else gotten in Ulduar solo?

Theres some really nice xmog gear in there.

I was 550+ the first time I solo'd it on my Shaman, so I don't really know how relevant it is... But, I've solo'd the entire thing on 25 w/ HMs, including Yogg+0 and except for Thorim (I usually just second account'd it for ease.)

You should easily be able to knock over most of them on 10m.

Edited by Hybrys

You can also solo thorim as a non pet class by running to the colossus as fast as possible (swiftness potion and other speed (ghost wolf/engineer boost), coming back and waiting for the fight to reset, dropping some form of AoE and reentering the tunnel before the arena respawns, etc.

If you YouTube solo tips thorim there should be an example in hunter form, though explosive trap can be replaced with any places AoE. I use this method on my paladin, and I also have a more detailed explanation in my Protection Paladin Soloing thread. I would provide links but I'm using my iPod :P

You can also solo thorim as a non pet class by running to the colossus as fast as possible (swiftness potion and other speed (ghost wolf/engineer boost), coming back and waiting for the fight to reset, dropping some form of AoE and reentering the tunnel before the arena respawns, etc.

That's exactly why you toss a Magma Totem where the Dark Iron Mender spawns.  =P  The way I explained it is just like the YouTube guides, but with Magma Totem instead of D&D, Flamestrike, Explosive Trap, etc.

Unfortunately, not every class can do it, however.  I know at least Priests/Druids have a tough time with it.

Edited by Hybrys

You mentioned killing the colossus right away.

I thought you had to keep it alive until the arena respawns?

• Like 1

You mentioned killing the colossus right away.

I thought you had to keep it alive until the arena respawns?

Nah, should be:

Kill Arena --> Hit Switch --> Kill end of the hall construct --> Back out & AoE --> Go in before gate closes --> Kill last arena mob after the first door that the hall construct was guarding --> Kill top construct --> Tag Thorim

Edit: OR, that's why I bugged it when I was attempting in.

Kill Arena --> Hit Switch --> Pull end of the hall construct --> Back out & lay AoE --> Go in before gate closes --> Kill last arena mob at the first door that the hall construct was guarding --> Kill the construct on you --> Kill top construct --> Tag Thorim

Edited by Hybrys
  • Like 1

I tried so many fancy ways on my paladin to get an easier method, but that ball of lightning is not forgiving =P

It was mentioned on Twitter by Watcher that Thorim is going to be soloable "by everyone" in patch 6.0, i.e. later this year. :)