FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Blackd

Using cooldown for 2nd time in fight

So after inital pull and using all cooldown after 3 mins alter time and icy veins are again of the cool down (assuming you have them macro'd)

My question is: Shall i use my cooldowns (alter time+icy veins) right away or should i wait till i get trinket proc whether it be kardis totem or PBoI or any other proc?

So after inital pull and using all cooldown after 3 mins alter time and icy veins are again of the cool down (assuming you have them macro'd)

My question is: Shall i use my cooldowns (alter time+icy veins) right away or should i wait till i get trinket proc whether it be kardis totem or PBoI or any other proc?

If you know that totem's internal CD will expire in like 10 seconds, I'd wait for that trinket. Otherwise, RPPM trinkets aren't really predictable, so just use it straightaway. :)

If you know that totem's internal CD will expire in like 10 seconds, I'd wait for that trinket. Otherwise, RPPM trinkets aren't really predictable, so just use it straightaway. smile.png

KTTT is RPPM and doesn't have an ICD, I guess you meant PBoI.

Honestly CD usage is half planning, half reaction. If you know how long it takes your guild to kill a boss, you know how many times in a fight you will use your 3 min CDs and you will know if you should delay usage to stack IV with PBoI. If PBoI procs straight away at the start of the fight and again when it's ICD is over, the next time it comes off CD will be 4 minutes (240 seconds) into the fight. Therefore, if you're fight is going to be longer than 4 and a half minutes you can, and should, delay your CDs that are ready at 3 minutes for the PBoI proc, and use your 2nd pot there too.

Obviously, 4 and a half minutes is a risky minimum. It assumes PBoI will proc right away at the start and right away when it's off CD, which doesn't happen often. Therefore, it's important to have a cooldown tracker on Bindings, knowledge of the fight and perhaps an addon like TimeToDie that will give you an estimated calculation during the fight of how much longer it will be before the boss dies, based on the current rate of dps.

Honestly CD usage is half planning, half reaction. If you know how long it takes your guild to kill a boss, you know how many times in a fight you will use your 3 min CDs and you will know if you should delay usage to stack IV with PBoI. If PBoI procs straight away at the start of the fight and again when it's ICD is over, the next time it comes off CD will be 4 minutes (240 seconds) into the fight. Therefore, if you're fight is going to be longer than 4 and a half minutes you can, and should, delay your CDs that are ready at 3 minutes for the PBoI proc, and use your 2nd pot there too.

Obviously, 4 and a half minutes is a risky minimum. It assumes PBoI will proc right away at the start and right away when it's off CD, which doesn't happen often. Therefore, it's important to have a cooldown tracker on Bindings, knowledge of the fight and perhaps an addon like TimeToDie that will give you an estimated calculation during the fight of how much longer it will be before the boss dies, based on the current rate of dps.

For fire I set the treshold on 240 seconds, and that is probably realistic. That means that you will want to have at least 255 second fights for this to be useful. 

I don't think that if you are progressing in heroic you are ever going to get a sub 250 second kill, so I would generally definitely advise you to. If you are in one of those 14/14 HC sub 3 minute kill guilds then not so much.

Gosh, yes.... What is happenning to me? So many mistakes. :\

Don't macro together Alter Time and Icy Veins, you will mess yourself up.

1. Hit IV on cooldown, you can macro it to Frostbolt.
  2. React within 6 sec of expiration to use your AT once other procs are up.

Optional: If you know the fight duration (i.e. your guild is consistent from week to week), you can hold onto AT & IV until you get useful procs like Expanded Mind and Tempus Repit, or on fights where you Time Warp at the end.

Don't macro together Alter Time and Icy Veins, you will mess yourself up.

1. Hit IV on cooldown, you can macro it to Frostbolt.
  2. React within 6 sec of expiration to use your AT once other procs are up.

Optional: If you know the fight duration (i.e. your guild is consistent from week to week), you can hold onto AT & IV until you get useful procs like Expanded Mind and Tempus Repit, or on fights where you Time Warp at the end.

I've read the post many times and still can't figure out, why you would suggest to macro IV to Frostbolt. I can think of many scenarios where this would lead to a total waste of IV. 

I know there was a post from you, where you explained, why someone should not macro IV in AT, but I can't find it. Could you guide me to that post or explain it again?

I've read the post many times and still can't figure out, why you would suggest to macro IV to Frostbolt. I can think of many scenarios where this would lead to a total waste of IV. 

I know there was a post from you, where you explained, why someone should not macro IV in AT, but I can't find it. Could you guide me to that post or explain it again?

With IV glyph you cast a triple number of Frostbolts, FFBs and ILs. (Without the glyph you still cast more overall)

This means, that your trinkets have a 3x higher chance to proc since trinket proc is calculated per hit.

Consequently: More hits=higher chance to proc trinkets.

Then, you can use Alter Time more beneficially.

I hope this was clear enough :)

With IV glyph you cast a triple number of Frostbolts, FFBs and ILs. (Without the glyph you still cast more overall)

This means, that your trinkets have a 3x higher chance to proc since trinket proc is calculated per hit.

Consequently: More hits=higher chance to proc trinkets.

Then, you can use Alter Time more beneficially.

I hope this was clear enough smile.png

Yes , it was :)