Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadMonk

Diablo 3

20 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

Here you can post your Diablo 3 screenshots, stories and discuss diablo 3 related stuff.

i'm going to start:

I played a lot of Diablo 3 so far, soloed most of the first two difficulties, and I decided to join some public games when I started the Hell difficulty. All went well and I got into a group of 4 players, when suddenly a fifth one joined. We played with 5 people without any problems.

I hope 5 player groups is something Blizzard will still implement, seeing the functionality is there and everything works just fine. Being able to group up with 1 of each class would we awesome.

Posted Image

(album here: http://imgur.com/a/FLi5D#3)

I only managed to finish the game on normal (2 player coop, Barbarian and Demon Hunter). I'm probably going to play on Nightmare and beyond at some point, but so far there's just no time :P

Having played both Diablo 1 and 2 over the years, I quite enjoyed D3. It's certainly very dynamic and well polished (not that I'd expect any less from a Blizzard release).

I was a bit disappointed with the story (some parts of it kind of made me cringe, which is sad). Also, normal mode felt a bit too easy. I know there are three more difficulty settings (and Hardcore, too), but it's kind of sapping my motivation to go through it all again with just slightly more difficult mobs :P

No screenshots for now.

How lucky you are to be able to play with 5 people Posted Image

As for myself, I have finished Diablo 3 in normal mode only today. To my defense, I have been busy working on these forums for the past 3 weeks Posted Image In any case, having never played Diablo before, I found the experience quite enjoyable, although the game is very easy up to this point. I would like to take the time to run the game in the harder difficulty modes, but I'm afraid that Mists of Pandaria is not going to leave me much time.

Here's a screenshot of my worthy barbarian beating up Diablo:

Posted Image

Here's a screenshot of my worthy barbarian beating up Diablo:

lol you are playing with the standard UI!

Also, I think MadMonk is playing with 5 people by using the public game system.

lol you are playing with the standard UI!

Also, I think MadMonk is playing with 5 people by using the public game system.

Yes I am, but groups have a maximum size of 4 so it still shouldn't be possible. When we were in a town there were only four banners around the portal, the fifth guy didn't have a banner.

! ! ! SPOILER ALERT ! ! !

(Secret Cow Level)

Most of you have probably already seen the youtube videos, but here's some screenshots that I made while farming it for items (Hell difficulty).

I relly like the way it looks, it's relly funny. The unicorns, cuddle bears, happy clouds and pinatas make it an awesome place to visit (LEWTZ!).

And the map just makes me smile everytime I open it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Album here:http://imgur.com/a/vTRhd#0)

You got some Photoshop skills!

On a more serious note, this boss looks just like one of the raid boss from Mists of Pandaria (check your Dungeon Journal).

Finally just killed Diablo on my level 32 Wizard. Found him very very easy and one shotted the fight. A lot of the Diablo boss fight tactics are very "Warcraft" so are pretty easy to pick up.

Am very eager to start working my way through Nightmare mode now which is hopefully more of a challenge.

Edited by Redcross

Can't afford the game at the moment sadly, would love to try it :(

Ive not tried it but I have hear the first 16 levels are free?

1 person likes this

From http://diablo-3-down.../diablo-3-demo/

How to get Diablo III trial?

If you want donwload Diablo 3 Trial version we havem’t good info for you. Unfortunately to download demo you must special trial keyword. You can get it only for people who bought original version of Diablo III. Ofc Diablo 3 trial version is for free. But ony for key owners.

Think you're all out of luck on the trial - unless you know someone who bought the retail copy of the game that can supply you with the key.

EDIT:: Looking at the English on that post / site, I'd seriously doubt it's legitimacy.

Edited by Redcross

If Im honest I'm not sure what all the hype was about. I went through normal pretty quickly and although the story was quite good I don't think I'll be playing much harder difficulties.

The drops I kept getting where pretty useless for my demon hunter and I still went through the game pretty easily. Know of a few people who've completed the game on various difficulties, sadly it just seems a bit repetitive to me, without much interaction with others.

I co-op'd half of normal just to try playing with other players but even that didn't me interested for long. I think the game is too linear to play numerous chaacters at numerous difficulty levels doing the same things over and over without much character progression.

Edited by Peelyon

I was a D2 fanatic since 1.03 ladder... and actually i was in major hype for this D2 since 2008. Well, it's been a major delusion to me. Dunno why. It's a good game, but maybe i expected a bit more from my favourite trademark.

It's a fun hack'n'slash, but it can't really steal my soul like D2 did almost 12 years ago.

Sad :(

I was a D2 fanatic since 1.03 ladder... and actually i was in major hype for this D2 since 2008. Well, it's been a major delusion to me. Dunno why. It's a good game, but maybe i expected a bit more from my favourite trademark.

It's a fun hack'n'slash, but it can't really steal my soul like D2 did almost 12 years ago.

Sad Posted Image

I might be wrong, but I'll hazard a guess that 12 years ago you were in a different place in your life, which probably made you more susceptible to being "hooked".

1 person likes this

I might be wrong, but I'll hazard a guess that 12 years ago you were in a different place in your life, which probably made you more susceptible to being "hooked".

Surely you're right. A different age means also different perceptions of everything. I was a 16 years old teen when i was buying diablo 2 at the game store... now it's slightly different.

Maybe i got blurred memories... or maybe some nostalgia of the time i passed in d2... dunno.

I can't feel the same way, or even similarly... and that makes me sad.

Of course I don't want to whine / blame Blizzard... :)

I played the game, beat normal through inferno. Now I'm done, I'm not playing it through 500 times, then complaining that it's getting old and I'm outraged. I think I got my money's worth.

I don't get the point of buying stuff off the RMAH, but I do know I made enough off of the it to pay for my copy of D3, so my entertainment was free :D

I should take your point as a very smart idea... i have to get more loot and get my money back with RMAH.

I think the issue with Diablo 3 and people's dissatisfaction with it is one of unrealistic expectations.

We've gotten used to a certain type of gameplay over the last years from World of Warcraft, and we somehow, perhaps subconsciously, expected that Diablo would deliver something very similar.

Instead, Diablo III, as far as I can tell, has stayed very true to the heart and soul of Diablo II. Of course, some changes have been made along the way (personally, I find most of them to be improvements), but it's essentially the same game.

I'm not playing Diablo III anymore because I'm too busy with Mists of Pandaria testing, but on my way through Inferno I never found it necessary to use the auction house (the real money one had not yet been implemented). So, that is one concern I absolutely don't share with people, namely that the RMAH is somehow ruining the game.

I think Diablo III will have very good longevity and I believe there is a great number of people, part of the "unspoken masses", who are still happily playing the game and will do so for a very long time.

It's just jaded veterans that had a nostalgic feeling about Diablo II, and we thought we could get that back despite the fact that we were mostly in our teens when we played Diablo II and things are now very different for most us.

And of course, some players who never played Diablo II and were used to the style of World of Warcraft might be disappointed as well.

1 person likes this

is this really addicting??? i never tried playing it but everyone is playing ittt...

Edited by mrfreeze

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Patch 2.4.2 is still being tested, but will hit live servers soon. What the dev team prepared for us in the seventh Season no longer remains a mystery.
      We've already written some articles covering Season 7 and here are some links for quick access
      Season 7 Changes Season 7 Start / End Dates PTR Patch Notes 2.4.2 Build 38247 Cosmetic Rewards
      As with every Season, we can expect new Cosmetic rewards in the upcoming Season, meaning a brand new Portrait frame, rotating Conqueror's transmog set items and those to reach Chapter IV in Seasonal Journey can expect a new pet reward as depicted below.

Seasonal Journey Rewards
      Additional stash space can be acquired upon reaching the Conqueror as introduced in Season 5. To reach Conqueror in Season 7, you will need to complete the following:
      Complete a Torment XIII Nephalem Rift in under 5 minutes Level three Legendary Gems to 55 or higher Complete two Conquests Defeat Ghom at Torment XIII difficulty in under 30 seconds Defeat Rakanoth at Torment XIII difficulty Complete a Greater Rift 60 solo Use Kanai's Cube to augment two Ancients with level 40+ gems Use Kanai's Cube to reforge a Legendary item Haedrig's Gift Changes
      For sets awarded through Haedrig's Gift in Season 7, have a look here.

What class are you planning to play in next Season?
    • By Stan
      A new PTR Build is up and we've got you covered with the latest changes! Patch 2.4.2 is likely going to be released somewhere around the start of Season 7.
      Season 6 ends on July 22. Seasonal rollover will last two weeks and Season 7 will start on August 5. Around that time, we should also see Patch 2.4.2 hit live servers.
      The latest Build 38247 was deployed recently and the PTR Patch Notes were updated to reflect the changes.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      PATCH NOTES: 2.4.2 v. 38247
      GENERAL
      Gold rewards have been adjusted: The amount of gold dropped by the Gilded Baron Treasure Goblin has been reduced The following changes have been applied to the Season 7 Journey
      CLASSES
      Slayer The Greater Rift requirement has been reduced from 35 to 30 Champion The Greater Rift requirement has been reduced from 50 to 40 The Nephalem Rift timer has been increased from 6 minutes to 7 minutes Destroyer The Greater Rift requirement has been reduced from 60 to 50 Conqueror The Greater Rift requirement has been reduced from 70 to 60 Guardian The Greater Rift requirement has been reduced from 80 to 70 The time limit to defeat Azmodan has been increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds Crusader Active Skills Consecration The healing provided from multiple active Consecrations will no longer stack Monk Active Skills Mantra of Conviction Skill Rune - Fists of Fury The maximum stack value is no longer determined by your attack speed and is capped at 15 stacks Wizard Active Skills Energy Twister Twisters (excluding those created with the Wicked Wind rune) will now despawn if they stop moving This applies only to the PC/Mac version Bug Fixes Fixed an issue that prevented Kyoshiro's Soul from activating the 4pc Set bonus from the Monkey King’s Garb set The Sweeping Wind bonus provided by Kyoshiro's Soul will now properly expire after transitioning between level areas (Source) Please note the Patch Notes above contain changes from the latest PTR Build. To read the entire Patch Notes, click on the source link. Also the latest patch is still being playtested on PTR and anything posted in the Patch Notes may change at any given time during the development or once the patch goes live.
    • By Zadina
      Patch 2.4.1 brought numerous farmable transmogrifications, but three of them never made it to live servers.
      These three items are Steffon's Heavy Lance, Mace of the Crows and the notorious Harvest Pennant (also known as the Fallen Pennant). Players have been looking for them ever since Patch 2.4.1 hit the live servers. However, nobody found them and threads started popping up asking whether there was some sort of bug. Unfortunately, the team didn't realise in time that these cosmetics didn't exist in the live version of the game; Community Managers mistakenly urged players to look harder and that the transmogs were out there.
      Today, Wyatt Cheng admitted that players weren't losing their minds, but the team had indeed made a mistake. The Senior Technical Game Designer explained how this omission happened and also made an official apology.
      Wyatt Cheng
      Hi all, In Patch 2.4.1, we introduced a number of new cosmetic items to the game including a few extremely rare items such as the Cosmic Wings and Rainbow Portrait. Among the items intended to be extremely rare are Steffon’s Heavy Lance, Mace of the Crows, and the Harvest Pennant (also known as the Fallen Pennant). As 2.4.1 unfolded, we were surprised to learn that nobody appeared to have found these items. Weeks passed, we checked and double-checked the data, and ran some internal tests—these items were intended to be rare and hidden, but had we perhaps hidden them too well?
      Unfortunately, it turns out we made a mistake. Instead of making the items extremely rare, they did not appear at all. The development team is sorry for this huge misstep on our part—we know that our mistake caused many players to spend hours trying to locate items which we now see in hindsight was a wild goose chase.
      How did this happen? Testing something that is intentionally extremely rare means we need to use some dedicated testing techniques. Our team uses a combination of code reviews, simulation and cheat codes to verify functionality. Sometimes things can appear to work correctly in parts, but malfunction when they are put together. For example, in the case of the Pennant, we were able to verify that individual portions of the criteria to obtain the Pennant functioned correctly, but the end to end process resulted in the Pennant being unattainable once the patch went live.
      The dev team messed up and we’re sorry. We erroneously told our community team (including Nevalistis) that the Harvest Pennant could drop. We can’t make it right overnight but we’d like to start with two changes:
      1. We’ve certainly learned our lesson, and going forward when things are intentionally this rare, we’ll have new testing procedures to make sure a similar mistake doesn’t happen again.
      2. Although we cannot provide direct restitution to the individuals affected, we’re going to have a 48-hour Double Blood Shard Community Buff for this weekend.
      Wyatt
      (source) You will be happy to know that all three items have been found on the Patch 2.4.2 PTR. They are not very hard to find and there are quite a few guides and videos for them. We won't spoil anything for you, though, in case you want to enjoy the experience of finding them on your own!
    • By Blainie
      Ever wished you had more blood shards to gamble at Kadala? This weekend could be perfect for you!
      On every platform (PC, PS4 and Xbox One), this weekend will see a rise of 100% in the blood shard drop rate in adventure mode. This buff extends to all events which grant you blood shards, including bounties, rifts and greater rifts. 
      For the running times, read the following information from Blizzard:
      Blood Shard Weekend Times
      The bonus buff begins in the Europe region this Saturday, July 9 at 00:01 CEST and ends on Sunday, July 10 at 23:59 CEST.*
      *For PC, the buff will start and end at the noted times in each gameplay region according to its local time zone (PDT for the Americas, CEST for Europe, and KST for Asia). For console, the buff will start and end in all regions at the same time. In the Europe region, it begins this Saturday, July 9 at 09:01 CEST and ends on Monday, July 11 at 08:59 CEST.
      (source)
      Good luck with your rolls and have fun with Kadala!
    • By Blainie
      Today we saw the end dates for Season 6 announced, as well as the start dates for Season 7. Check out everything that is going to be rolling over into the new season with you!
      The dates themselves are as follows:
      End and Start Dates
      + Show- Hide Season 6 will be ending on the following dates and times:
      North America: Friday, July 22 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT  Europe: Friday, July 22 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST Asia: Friday, July 22 @ 5:00 p.m. KST Season 7 will begin about two weeks afterwards on these dates:
      North America: Friday, August 5 @ 5:00 p.m. PDT  Europe: Friday, August 5 @ 5:00 p.m. CEST Asia: Friday, August 5 @ 5:00 p.m. KST For time zone assistance, click here. We look forward to seeing you in Season 7!
      (source)
      If you're looking for a complete list of everything that will carry over with you into the new season, you can find it below from today's post:
      What will rollover?
      + Show- Hide Those who have played through a few Seasons know there has been no shortage of gold, gear, or Paragon levels to earn. So what happens to all that hard earned progress when a Season ends? In short, you get to keep just about all of it.
      Here's a list of all the rewards from this Season you can expect your non-Seasonal heroes to enjoy:
      Heroes Seasonal heroes will be converted to either non-Seasonal Normal or Hardcore mode heroes, as appropriate. There's no need to delete any characters to make room for them; your Seasonal heroes will continue to use the same slot they currently occupy in your roster after the rollover. You’ll also be able to use Season Rebirth to convert any non-seasonal character into a Seasonal, level-one character once the next Season begins. Gold Any gold you earn during the Season will transfer to your non-Seasonal heroes. Paragon Experience The total amount of Paragon experience earned is the amount that rolls over, not your raw total amount of Paragon levels gained. For example, if your Seasonal heroes reached Paragon 300, but your current non-Seasonal heroes are already Paragon 400, your new non-Seasonal Paragon level will still be less than Paragon 700 since higher Paragon levels take more experience to earn. Blood Shards Similar to gold, any Blood Shards you have available at the end of the Season will transfer to your non-Seasonal heroes. If your non-Seasonal heroes are currently at the Blood Shard cap, any Blood Shards you earn once the Season ends will temporarily ignore the cap. You can spend these at your leisure; however, note that you cannot pick up any additional Blood Shards until you are below your current cap. Items Items that are currently equipped on a hero or in that hero's inventory will stay on that hero as it moves to a non-Seasonal game mode. Items that are in your Seasonal stash will be sent through the in-game mail system to your non-Seasonal heroes. These items can be claimed by any non-Seasonal hero up to 30 days from the time you first log in after the Season ends.  To access these items, enter a game and hit the Mail icon located in the lower-left corner of your screen to open up your inbox.  Artisan Progress and Recipes If your Seasonal Artisans are a higher level than your non-Seasonal Artisans at the end of the Season, their level will transfer to your non-Seasonal Artisans. Any recipes you have on your Seasonal Artisans that are not available to your non-Seasonal Artisans will be transferred as well. Shared Stash Any Shared Stash slots or tabs you purchase during a Season that are not currently available to your non-Seasonal heroes will be transferred accordingly. Achievements Any achievements or achievement progress made during the Season is automatically applied to your non-Seasonal achievement profile. This happens in real time and does not require the Season to end first. Your achievement point total is also updated appropriately throughout the Season. Kanai's Cube After the Season rollover, any Legendary Powers unlocked using Kanai’s Cube on a Seasonal Character will become available on non-Seasonal characters as appropriate. At the start of a new Season, Seasonal characters will not have access to any Kanai’s Cube Legendary Powers unlocked during previous Seasonal or non-Seasonal play. Season 6 Rewards All players who reach level 70 on a hero in Season 6 will unlock exclusive chest and gloves transmogrification appearances. These appearances will unlock immediately upon hitting level 70 on a Seasonal hero, and will be available on Seasonal and non-Seasonal heroes alike (even before the Season concludes). To access your new appearances, simply visit Miriam the Mystic and open the Transmogrification tab. In addition, players can earn a portrait and an exclusive pennant for completing various chapters of the Season Journey. Note that all heroes, rewards, and progress will convert to the appropriate non-Seasonal game mode. Any items, gold, Paragon experience, achievements, Artisan levels or recipes, Stash space, and Blood Shards earned on Normal Seasonal heroes with transfer to your Normal non-Seasonal heroes when the season is over. Similarly, anything you’ve earned on Hardcore Seasonal heroes will transfer to your Hardcore non-Season heroes instead. 
      (source)
      Find out when Season 6 ends and Season 7 starts!