Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadMonk

Diablo 3

20 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

Here you can post your Diablo 3 screenshots, stories and discuss diablo 3 related stuff.

i'm going to start:

I played a lot of Diablo 3 so far, soloed most of the first two difficulties, and I decided to join some public games when I started the Hell difficulty. All went well and I got into a group of 4 players, when suddenly a fifth one joined. We played with 5 people without any problems.

I hope 5 player groups is something Blizzard will still implement, seeing the functionality is there and everything works just fine. Being able to group up with 1 of each class would we awesome.

Posted Image

(album here: http://imgur.com/a/FLi5D#3)

I only managed to finish the game on normal (2 player coop, Barbarian and Demon Hunter). I'm probably going to play on Nightmare and beyond at some point, but so far there's just no time :P

Having played both Diablo 1 and 2 over the years, I quite enjoyed D3. It's certainly very dynamic and well polished (not that I'd expect any less from a Blizzard release).

I was a bit disappointed with the story (some parts of it kind of made me cringe, which is sad). Also, normal mode felt a bit too easy. I know there are three more difficulty settings (and Hardcore, too), but it's kind of sapping my motivation to go through it all again with just slightly more difficult mobs :P

No screenshots for now.

How lucky you are to be able to play with 5 people Posted Image

As for myself, I have finished Diablo 3 in normal mode only today. To my defense, I have been busy working on these forums for the past 3 weeks Posted Image In any case, having never played Diablo before, I found the experience quite enjoyable, although the game is very easy up to this point. I would like to take the time to run the game in the harder difficulty modes, but I'm afraid that Mists of Pandaria is not going to leave me much time.

Here's a screenshot of my worthy barbarian beating up Diablo:

Posted Image

Here's a screenshot of my worthy barbarian beating up Diablo:

lol you are playing with the standard UI!

Also, I think MadMonk is playing with 5 people by using the public game system.

lol you are playing with the standard UI!

Also, I think MadMonk is playing with 5 people by using the public game system.

Yes I am, but groups have a maximum size of 4 so it still shouldn't be possible. When we were in a town there were only four banners around the portal, the fifth guy didn't have a banner.

! ! ! SPOILER ALERT ! ! !

(Secret Cow Level)

Most of you have probably already seen the youtube videos, but here's some screenshots that I made while farming it for items (Hell difficulty).

I relly like the way it looks, it's relly funny. The unicorns, cuddle bears, happy clouds and pinatas make it an awesome place to visit (LEWTZ!).

And the map just makes me smile everytime I open it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Album here:http://imgur.com/a/vTRhd#0)

You got some Photoshop skills!

On a more serious note, this boss looks just like one of the raid boss from Mists of Pandaria (check your Dungeon Journal).

Finally just killed Diablo on my level 32 Wizard. Found him very very easy and one shotted the fight. A lot of the Diablo boss fight tactics are very "Warcraft" so are pretty easy to pick up.

Am very eager to start working my way through Nightmare mode now which is hopefully more of a challenge.

Edited by Redcross

Can't afford the game at the moment sadly, would love to try it :(

Ive not tried it but I have hear the first 16 levels are free?

1 person likes this

From http://diablo-3-down.../diablo-3-demo/

How to get Diablo III trial?

If you want donwload Diablo 3 Trial version we havem’t good info for you. Unfortunately to download demo you must special trial keyword. You can get it only for people who bought original version of Diablo III. Ofc Diablo 3 trial version is for free. But ony for key owners.

Think you're all out of luck on the trial - unless you know someone who bought the retail copy of the game that can supply you with the key.

EDIT:: Looking at the English on that post / site, I'd seriously doubt it's legitimacy.

Edited by Redcross

If Im honest I'm not sure what all the hype was about. I went through normal pretty quickly and although the story was quite good I don't think I'll be playing much harder difficulties.

The drops I kept getting where pretty useless for my demon hunter and I still went through the game pretty easily. Know of a few people who've completed the game on various difficulties, sadly it just seems a bit repetitive to me, without much interaction with others.

I co-op'd half of normal just to try playing with other players but even that didn't me interested for long. I think the game is too linear to play numerous chaacters at numerous difficulty levels doing the same things over and over without much character progression.

Edited by Peelyon

I was a D2 fanatic since 1.03 ladder... and actually i was in major hype for this D2 since 2008. Well, it's been a major delusion to me. Dunno why. It's a good game, but maybe i expected a bit more from my favourite trademark.

It's a fun hack'n'slash, but it can't really steal my soul like D2 did almost 12 years ago.

Sad :(

I was a D2 fanatic since 1.03 ladder... and actually i was in major hype for this D2 since 2008. Well, it's been a major delusion to me. Dunno why. It's a good game, but maybe i expected a bit more from my favourite trademark.

It's a fun hack'n'slash, but it can't really steal my soul like D2 did almost 12 years ago.

Sad Posted Image

I might be wrong, but I'll hazard a guess that 12 years ago you were in a different place in your life, which probably made you more susceptible to being "hooked".

1 person likes this

I might be wrong, but I'll hazard a guess that 12 years ago you were in a different place in your life, which probably made you more susceptible to being "hooked".

Surely you're right. A different age means also different perceptions of everything. I was a 16 years old teen when i was buying diablo 2 at the game store... now it's slightly different.

Maybe i got blurred memories... or maybe some nostalgia of the time i passed in d2... dunno.

I can't feel the same way, or even similarly... and that makes me sad.

Of course I don't want to whine / blame Blizzard... :)

I played the game, beat normal through inferno. Now I'm done, I'm not playing it through 500 times, then complaining that it's getting old and I'm outraged. I think I got my money's worth.

I don't get the point of buying stuff off the RMAH, but I do know I made enough off of the it to pay for my copy of D3, so my entertainment was free :D

I should take your point as a very smart idea... i have to get more loot and get my money back with RMAH.

I think the issue with Diablo 3 and people's dissatisfaction with it is one of unrealistic expectations.

We've gotten used to a certain type of gameplay over the last years from World of Warcraft, and we somehow, perhaps subconsciously, expected that Diablo would deliver something very similar.

Instead, Diablo III, as far as I can tell, has stayed very true to the heart and soul of Diablo II. Of course, some changes have been made along the way (personally, I find most of them to be improvements), but it's essentially the same game.

I'm not playing Diablo III anymore because I'm too busy with Mists of Pandaria testing, but on my way through Inferno I never found it necessary to use the auction house (the real money one had not yet been implemented). So, that is one concern I absolutely don't share with people, namely that the RMAH is somehow ruining the game.

I think Diablo III will have very good longevity and I believe there is a great number of people, part of the "unspoken masses", who are still happily playing the game and will do so for a very long time.

It's just jaded veterans that had a nostalgic feeling about Diablo II, and we thought we could get that back despite the fact that we were mostly in our teens when we played Diablo II and things are now very different for most us.

And of course, some players who never played Diablo II and were used to the style of World of Warcraft might be disappointed as well.

1 person likes this

is this really addicting??? i never tried playing it but everyone is playing ittt...

Edited by mrfreeze

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Lashing Tail Kick Monk with Sunwuko.
    • By Zadina
      A new blog series, discussing popular topics within the Diablo III community!
      Wyatt Cheng discusses the Wrath of the Wastes Barbarian set in this new, semi-regular blog series.
      The Diablo team wants to communicate more with players and thus the Developer Chronicles were born. The first topic is the Wrath of the Wastes set: while Whirlwind is an iconic Barbarian ability, the set is underpowered.
      Wyatt explains that Whirlwind can cause performance issues and that the team is happy with the fact that Wrath of the Wastes is used for speedfarming, while other sets are better for high Greater Rifts. However, they do want to slightly buff Whirlwind and the set in general.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      Hey everybody, Wyatt Cheng here. Communication is key to a great community, and we’re aiming to improve the ways in which we deliver important information to our players. What you’re reading now is our next communication experiment: a semi-regular blog where we tackle the most commonly discussed questions and feedback from the community. Welcome to Developer Chronicles!
      Today's Topic: Wrath of the Wastes
      For our first topic, we wanted to address a common question from the Barbarian community. For the last few patches, we’ve seen a lot of requests to buff up or redesign the Wrath of the Wastes set. Whirlwind is a very iconic Diablo ability, steeped in the history of the series, so it’s natural for it to be a fan favorite.
      There’s a lot going on here. Before we get started, the most important takeaway is that we want to make sure a Whirlwind-based playstyle has a place in Diablo III. Therefore, providing ways to make Wrath of the Wastes a reasonable choice as compared to other Barbarian sets is definitely on our list.
      The last few patch cycles haven’t seen a lot of changes for Wrath of the Wastes for two reasons:
      We are trying to cut down on the number of changes we make to live items. It’s been a longstanding policy that we avoid making changes to Legendary items. Set items tend to be the exception. Our typical approach would be to buff Wrath of the Wastes and Whirlwind by adding new Legendary effects to the game. However, there are a lot of interactions that happen between Wrath of the Wastes and the other Barbarian class sets, particularly Raekor and Immortal King’s. Many of these sets get combined, so in order to prop up Wastes specifically, we have to do so in a way that doesn’t necessarily further buff the other class sets. Otherwise, the gap doesn’t really change. We have some other ideas on this front that we are also exploring. Straight talk: Whirlwind causes performance issues. Many of you may remember performance issues during Patch 2.1.0 and 2.2.0. We have been (and will continue to be) making performance optimizations with each patch. However, our initial investigations identified Whirlwind as one of the skills that caused heavy strain on our servers. The more people using Whirlwind, the more it exacerbates the issue. This means we don’t necessarily want everyone using Whirlwind—at least, not until more server optimizations have been made. Aside from this, it’s unrealistic to expect that all 24 class sets (plus Legacy of Nightmare and its boundless combinations) are going to be balanced 100% equally across the board. There is often a “best” build for each purpose, whether that’s for Nephalem Rifts, group play, or solo Greater Rift pushing. Generally, the goal is to get a variety of builds close enough that playstyle preferences or gearing differences allow some choice and variety.
      In the case of the Barbarian, it makes sense that Wrath of the Wastes will always be a favorite when it comes to chilling out and farming Rifts. But it may not be the best choice for pushing your solo Greater Rift. We’re okay with some sets serving specific purposes and the Whirlwind playstyle has a special place in our collective Barbarian hearts, so we hope to see some changes to support the playstyle in a future patch.
      (source)
    • By Blainie
      The official Diablo Twitter account has sent out a tweet that could hint at some form of Diablo-related news being released at Blizzcon!
      This latest development comes amidst disappointment over a lack of Diablo news at Gamescom. Many players were expecting either another expansion pack, Diablo 4 or a Diablo 2 re-make to be announced, but there was nothing.
      One user tweeted out to the official Diablo Twitter, saying that they were hoping for a big announcement at Blizzcon for Diablo. They got this response:
      Placeholder for tweet 766684090695356417 Before we get too excited, let's just remember that this could mean a few things. Here are the possibilities, realistically:
      Diablo 4 announcement. A new expansion pack for Diablo 3. Diablo 2 re-mastered. A big update for Season 8 in Diablo 3, including new sets for classes and a complete rebalancing of the game. Some form of Diablo presence in another game, such as another Diablo event for Heroes of the Storm. Any of these would be welcome, since we've been lacking in major Diablo news for a while now, but personally I'm inclined to think that Diablo 4 is the most likely, followed closely by the updates for Season 8. If you're wondering why I'm going with D4, it's worth checking out this theory from Rhykker concerning the Blizzcon dice!
    • By Zadina
      In a surprise hotfix, right before the start of the new Season, the damage bonus from Ring of Emptiness will no longer affect pets.
      This is a bad day for anyone planning to roll a Witch Doctor for the newly started Season 7. The hotfix to Ring of Emptiness has rendered the Helltooth Gargantuan build (and its Zunimassa variation) useless. This was the best DPS build for Witch Doctors and, as it was apparent in the PTR, it dominated in the end-game meta both solo and in groups. People reported that the Jade Harvester build is also affected, but this is most probably a false alarm. As a result, more and more disappointed potential WD players are saying that they will be picking up another class for Season 7.
      Nevalistis explained that the aim of this nerf was to promote Witch Doctor build diversity:
      Nevalistis
      Now, I think blizz intended to make jade and maybe arachyr more competitive with gargs by boosting roe.
      This was certainly the intention.
      I forgot to add a suggestion to this ring. The ring should apply the 300% dmg only to you and not your pets.
      And this is a great suggestion - one we've seen from a lot of great Witch Doctors who gave feedback, and it lines up with the change we have in store. The Helltooth/Gargantuan build surfaced during a time on PTR in which we were already submitting our final builds to the production line. This means changes we could make were limited for the actual deployment build, so an adjustment didn't make the patch launch.
      The good news is we've been working on a hotfix instead. Ring of Emptiness now only works on damage dealt directly by your Witch Doctor and not your pets. This hotfix should hit servers momentarily, well before the launch of Season 7.
      I do want to thank the community for your discussions and testing. Your passion, dedication, and pursuit of fair play are a valuable contributor in making Diablo III the best it can be!
      (source)
      The main aim of Patch 2.4.2 was to promote build diversity and to "kill" the end-game group meta. However, as many people pointed out after this hotfix, the facts show the opposite. The PTR and the Non-Seasonal leaderboards after the end of Season 6 are proof that the 3-support, 1-DPS setup in 4-player is far from dead. The only change was that now some 4-man groups take 2 DPS, but 3 supports are still an option.
      This hotfix will just result in another season of 2 or 3 supports helping 1 or 2 Wizards do all the damage. It is true that without the hotfix the only difference would be that Witch Doctors would have replaced Wizards. However, Ring of Emptiness promoted a more active playstyle for Helltooth (as opposed to just letting the Gargantuans do all the work). Moreover, Wizards have gotten away with Energy Twisters for two Seasons and the notorious Firebug in Season 6, while the Witch Doctor problem was dealt with just before the beginning of Season 7. At this point, players are exasperated of Wizards dominating the DPS field since the start of 2016.
      It looks like Jade Harvester is going to be the best build for Witch Doctors after the nerf.
      Here are some interesting Reddit discussions you might want to follow:
      In r/diablo:
      Ring of Emptiness no longer buffs pets Patch 2.4.2 Hotfixes - Updated 8/4 - Forums So now with no RoE, who replaces WD for the dps spot in the meta? In r/diablo 3:
      RIP WD meta...
    • By Blainie
      The latest Diablo season has just gone live! We've made sure to update all of our guides for the latest season, check them out!
      For EU players, the new season is now live and ready to be played. For the US players, you'll have to wait until 17:00 PDT. In the meantime, you can always take a look at our newly updated guides. 
      We're trying out a completely new format, which should give you a lot more information before you actually click on a guide. 

As you can see above, there are now specific pieces of information that let you know how far a build can truly go. There are recommendations for the greater rift levels that these builds can reach, as well as whether or not they need to be played in a group.
      The green timer lets you know that there is a specific variation of the build that allows you to speed farm lower rifts. The golden potion means that there is a Death's Breath farming variation as well.
      It's also worth noting that we also have leveling and fresh 70 guides for every class that can be used at the start of the season.
      All of the builds that you see now available on the site are completely updated for Season 7, so feel free to choose exactly what you want and enjoy it! 
      If you're trying to decide which build to play first, these are the starter sets for Season 7:
      Barbarian: Wrath of the Wastes Crusader: Roland’s Legacy Demon Hunter: Unhallowed Essence Monk: Raiment of a Thousand Storms Witch Doctor: Helltooth Harness Wizard: Tal Rasha’s Elements We've updated all of our guides for Season 7!