- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium
Hi everyone

Here you can post your Diablo 3 screenshots, stories and discuss diablo 3 related stuff.

i'm going to start:

I played a lot of Diablo 3 so far, soloed most of the first two difficulties, and I decided to join some public games when I started the Hell difficulty. All went well and I got into a group of 4 players, when suddenly a fifth one joined. We played with 5 people without any problems.
I hope 5 player groups is something Blizzard will still implement, seeing the functionality is there and everything works just fine. Being able to group up with 1 of each class would we awesome.

Posted Image

(album here: http://imgur.com/a/FLi5D#3)
Healer for Life!

Monk healer MadMonk - Warcry - EU Auchindoun

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France
I only managed to finish the game on normal (2 player coop, Barbarian and Demon Hunter). I'm probably going to play on Nightmare and beyond at some point, but so far there's just no time :P Having played both Diablo 1 and 2 over the years, I quite enjoyed D3. It's certainly very dynamic and well polished (not that I'd expect any less from a Blizzard release). I was a bit disappointed with the story (some parts of it kind of made me cringe, which is sad). Also, normal mode felt a bit too easy. I know there are three more difficulty settings (and Hardcore, too), but it's kind of sapping my motivation to go through it all again with just slightly more difficult mobs :P No screenshots for now.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
How lucky you are to be able to play with 5 people Posted Image

As for myself, I have finished Diablo 3 in normal mode only today. To my defense, I have been busy working on these forums for the past 3 weeks Posted Image In any case, having never played Diablo before, I found the experience quite enjoyable, although the game is very easy up to this point. I would like to take the time to run the game in the harder difficulty modes, but I'm afraid that Mists of Pandaria is not going to leave me much time.

Here's a screenshot of my worthy barbarian beating up Diablo:

Posted Image

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France

Here's a screenshot of my worthy barbarian beating up Diablo:

lol you are playing with the standard UI!

Also, I think MadMonk is playing with 5 people by using the public game system.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium

lol you are playing with the standard UI!

Also, I think MadMonk is playing with 5 people by using the public game system.

Yes I am, but groups have a maximum size of 4 so it still shouldn't be possible. When we were in a town there were only four banners around the portal, the fifth guy didn't have a banner.
Healer for Life!

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium
! ! ! SPOILER ALERT ! ! !
(Secret Cow Level)

Most of you have probably already seen the youtube videos, but here's some screenshots that I made while farming it for items (Hell difficulty).
I relly like the way it looks, it's relly funny. The unicorns, cuddle bears, happy clouds and pinatas make it an awesome place to visit (LEWTZ!).
And the map just makes me smile everytime I open it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Album here:http://imgur.com/a/vTRhd#0)
Healer for Life!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
You got some Photoshop skills! On a more serious note, this boss looks just like one of the raid boss from Mists of Pandaria (check your Dungeon Journal).

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

Redcross
  • Redcross
  • Marshal
  • LocationEngland
Finally just killed Diablo on my level 32 Wizard. Found him very very easy and one shotted the fight. A lot of the Diablo boss fight tactics are very "Warcraft" so are pretty easy to pick up. Am very eager to start working my way through Nightmare mode now which is hopefully more of a challenge.

Edited by Redcross, 02 June 2012 - 05:47 PM.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

meukow
  • meukow
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Can't afford the game at the moment sadly, would love to try it :(

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
Ive not tried it but I have hear the first 16 levels are free?

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

meukow
  • meukow
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
I'm not really interested in playing a 'demo'...

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Redcross
  • Redcross
  • Marshal
  • LocationEngland
From http://diablo-3-down.../diablo-3-demo/

How to get Diablo III trial?

If you want donwload Diablo 3 Trial version we havem’t good info for you. Unfortunately to download demo you must special trial keyword. You can get it only for people who bought original version of Diablo III. Ofc Diablo 3 trial version is for free. But ony for key owners.

Think you're all out of luck on the trial - unless you know someone who bought the retail copy of the game that can supply you with the key.

EDIT:: Looking at the English on that post / site, I'd seriously doubt it's legitimacy.

Edited by Redcross, 09 June 2012 - 04:35 PM.

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
If Im honest I'm not sure what all the hype was about. I went through normal pretty quickly and although the story was quite good I don't think I'll be playing much harder difficulties. The drops I kept getting where pretty useless for my demon hunter and I still went through the game pretty easily. Know of a few people who've completed the game on various difficulties, sadly it just seems a bit repetitive to me, without much interaction with others. I co-op'd half of normal just to try playing with other players but even that didn't me interested for long. I think the game is too linear to play numerous chaacters at numerous difficulty levels doing the same things over and over without much character progression.

Edited by Peelyon, 09 June 2012 - 04:32 PM.

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Panzer
  • Panzer
  • Squire
I was a D2 fanatic since 1.03 ladder... and actually i was in major hype for this D2 since 2008. Well, it's been a major delusion to me. Dunno why. It's a good game, but maybe i expected a bit more from my favourite trademark. It's a fun hack'n'slash, but it can't really steal my soul like D2 did almost 12 years ago. Sad :(

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France

I was a D2 fanatic since 1.03 ladder... and actually i was in major hype for this D2 since 2008. Well, it's been a major delusion to me. Dunno why. It's a good game, but maybe i expected a bit more from my favourite trademark.

It's a fun hack'n'slash, but it can't really steal my soul like D2 did almost 12 years ago.

Sad Posted Image

I might be wrong, but I'll hazard a guess that 12 years ago you were in a different place in your life, which probably made you more susceptible to being "hooked".

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

Panzer
  • Panzer
  • Squire

I might be wrong, but I'll hazard a guess that 12 years ago you were in a different place in your life, which probably made you more susceptible to being "hooked".

Surely you're right. A different age means also different perceptions of everything. I was a 16 years old teen when i was buying diablo 2 at the game store... now it's slightly different.

Maybe i got blurred memories... or maybe some nostalgia of the time i passed in d2... dunno.

I can't feel the same way, or even similarly... and that makes me sad.

Of course I don't want to whine / blame Blizzard... :)

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

zebus
  • zebus
  • Peasant
  • LocationOklahoma
I played the game, beat normal through inferno. Now I'm done, I'm not playing it through 500 times, then complaining that it's getting old and I'm outraged. I think I got my money's worth. I don't get the point of buying stuff off the RMAH, but I do know I made enough off of the it to pay for my copy of D3, so my entertainment was free :D

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

Panzer
  • Panzer
  • Squire
I should take your point as a very smart idea... i have to get more loot and get my money back with RMAH.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France
I think the issue with Diablo 3 and people's dissatisfaction with it is one of unrealistic expectations. We've gotten used to a certain type of gameplay over the last years from World of Warcraft, and we somehow, perhaps subconsciously, expected that Diablo would deliver something very similar. Instead, Diablo III, as far as I can tell, has stayed very true to the heart and soul of Diablo II. Of course, some changes have been made along the way (personally, I find most of them to be improvements), but it's essentially the same game. I'm not playing Diablo III anymore because I'm too busy with Mists of Pandaria testing, but on my way through Inferno I never found it necessary to use the auction house (the real money one had not yet been implemented). So, that is one concern I absolutely don't share with people, namely that the RMAH is somehow ruining the game. I think Diablo III will have very good longevity and I believe there is a great number of people, part of the "unspoken masses", who are still happily playing the game and will do so for a very long time. It's just jaded veterans that had a nostalgic feeling about Diablo II, and we thought we could get that back despite the fact that we were mostly in our teens when we played Diablo II and things are now very different for most us. And of course, some players who never played Diablo II and were used to the style of World of Warcraft might be disappointed as well.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

mrfreeze
  • mrfreeze
  • Farmer
is this really addicting??? i never tried playing it but everyone is playing ittt...

Edited by mrfreeze, 11 February 2013 - 11:15 AM.

Active Users

2 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users