FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Terris

Unmaximizing my dps - going arms for pvp purpose

Hello,

My main job is being a prot warrior. But my fury dps stuff is equal in ilvl (562).

Recently i wanted to do more pvp, but i feel the huge crit loss i took with pvp stuff (mix of 522 and random crafted equipment) would suit Arms better.

So i have 2 questions:

1) despite the odds, is there any high lvl Arms PVE warrior that could give me some input as to his performance in raids dps wise?

2) is fury any good in pvp when you don't have crit?

Thanks !

Edited by Terris

From what I've heard, TG can do OK PvP wise, but if you can afford an Arms spec, it's definitely king for PvP.

To evaluate performance in a raid setting we would want a log either posted to Worldoflogs or Warcraft Logs.

Given the absence of response regarding Arms warrior in PvE, i take it that the few who dared to it do not read this forum, or this post :D

Arms can do OK raid wise, and even outperform Fury on a couple fights. Sajakain used to raid as arms, but depending on the level you're progressing, it comes a point where Fury is just *that* better than Arms that you are holding back your group by not going Fury. You should be able to do more than fine as Arms unless you're pushing heroics.

Given the absence of response regarding Arms warrior in PvE, i take it that the few who dared to it do not read this forum, or this post biggrin.png

Arms can do OK raid wise, and even outperform Fury on a couple fights. Sajakain used to raid as arms, but depending on the level you're progressing, it comes a point where Fury is just *that* better than Arms that you are holding back your group by not going Fury. You should be able to do more than fine as Arms unless you're pushing heroics.

Essentially.... ^ this.

I still, very much, prefer the playstyle and rotation of Arms. When absolutely maxxed and executed properly, Arms is adequate DPS. But, as Rage noted, when you hit a specific item level Fury will greatly out perform Arms to the extent that SMF will roughly do 30K more and TG will do roughly 60K more when using T16 Heroic equipment. I personally made the switch, I believe, around the 540 / 550 item level range.

As I noted, previously, though.... if you want an evaluation of your performance as Arms it would be of great benefit to have a log to review.