FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jaeded

Looking for Advice

I am healing along with a resto druid (sometimes 2 of them) and a disc priest currently.  We are a laid back guild just now playing through Flex.  I've been tweaking my crit and haste but I can't seem to come close to them in healing.  I don't have any logs to link but hopefully someone can see if my gems/reforges look good.  Any advice is appreciated

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Jaeded/advanced

Edited by Jaeded

well over all your gear is fine. your haste is way low. you should be pushing to the higher haste cap is this point right now you should be pushing to at least the 25% haste cap or even the 30 or 33% haste cap. you should be using Energized Wild Jade for yellow Purified Imperial Amethyst for red and Sparkling River's Heart for blue. for the legs you should be using Greater Pearlescent Spellthread. mr robot is a good start place. but you have a bit of work to do. i think if you up your haste a lot then you should be good.

i would suggest you reread the guide for shamans

OK question: do you feel happy with your mana? If so, there's not point using more spirit gems or the Pearlescent Spellthread which the poster above suggested.

Going to a higher Haste threshold will help you get more HPS (especially because it powers up your Healing Rain), but will drain your mana faster. The whole idea behind Haste is that at certain points (shown in the guide) you get massive increases in the healing done from certain spells. 30% Haste will get you a big boost to your Healing Rain, which is why I tend to recommend it.

Can I ask why you're using the DPS cloak? The Healer cloak (Chi-ji) is much better.

Apart from that, there's limited help we can give you without seeing logs. :(

Thanks for the advice.  As for the cloak I'm just an idiot.  I set up the equipment helper a couple of weeks ago for a dps set and a resto set and must have forgotten to switch cloaks. (which I've just fixed)

I'll try reforging into the higher Haste threshold and see how that works.  I am currently happy with my spirit and don't seem to have any problems.  I'll try to set up a log this weekend to use on our Monday attempts and see if I can figure out how to use it.