FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MadMonk

Game resolution

Hi guys

I was wondering what resolution you guys play WoW on. I play on 1920x1080 because that's what my screen has for resolution. I know that some people prefer other resolutions and some prefer a square one (almost square 4:3) to play WoW one. However, I never really understood why.

I'm thinking about lowering my resolution to 720p because the high resolution seems to slow the game down a bit for me.

What about you guys?

edit: I was going to add a poll, but there are so many different resolutions, some of them really weird and rare if it's a laptop screen.

I use the same hdmi res too but set the graphics slider to medium. it all depends on your graphics card.

I use to play on 1680x1050 on my old monitor. Thanks to Icy Veins, I recently purchased a larger monitor that has a native resolution of 1920x1080. The idea was to make Full HD videos, and I'm fortunate enough to have a computer that can run the game with max settings in such a resolution.

Here is a run down of the resolution our visitors have (last month stats):

Rank Resolution Visit Number Visit Percentage
1 1920x1080 242,193 25,04%
2 1366x768 117,433 12,14%
3 1680x1050 95,808 9,91%
4 1600x900 74,168 7,67%
5 1440x900 72,055 7,45%
6 1280x1024 62,604 6,47%
7 1280x800 46,416 4,80%
8 1920x1200 37,330 3,86%
9 320x480 30,274 3,13%
10 1024x768 23,719 2,45%
11 1360x768 18,614 1,92%
12 768x1024 16,602 1,72%
13 2560x1440 14,031 1,45%
14 1280x720 8,156 0,84%
15 1536x864 5,556 0,57%
16 1280x768 5,093 0,53%
17 1600x1200 4,376 0,45%
18 1152x864 4,006 0,41%
19 1280x960 3,739 0,39%
20 480x800 2,065 0,21%

These are desktop resolution, but with LCD screens, you are kinda forced to play in the native resolution of the monitor anyway...

• Like 1

I play at 1600x900, I think. It's the max setting my non-HD 22" monitor can have. It's a few years old, but I'm not going to replace it with a HD one when this one is still working perfectly. And I'm used to play with this resolution anyway.

I'm playing with 1280x1024. I'm forced to use my friend's 17" 4:3 monitor, because I managed to broke my own 22" 16:9 monitor.. Trying to save enough money to buy 24" monitor and new computer but I spend my money everytime I'm supposed to save it. This works for me tho, I just need a new computer coz my laptop is really busted.. Hard drive falling out of it's place every other minute : D

I'm fortunate to have a PC that lets me play at (the apparently rare) resolution of 2560x1600 with pretty much everything set at max Posted Image

Off-topic, but is the character in your avatar from the Dungeon & Dragons animated series?

Here is a run down of the resolution our visitors have (last month stats):

480 x 800

Am guessing that is some kind of weird tablet device? Surely no one runs a PC with such a small resolution?

I play WoW in 1600x900 with all detail maxed to Ultra. I don't experience any kind of slowdown whatsoever. I did recently perform a massive hardware upgrade on my system in order to get this performance. My system is more than capable of going to much higher resolutions but I'd need to buy a bigger more capable screen first.

The small resolutions are indeed tablets or cellphones. I believe my cellphone actually has a 480 x 800 resolution and I use it to browse these forums regularly. Also to look up talents and such, it's a lot easier than having to alt-tab all the time now that my second monitor broke down.

Am guessing that is some kind of weird tablet device? Surely no one runs a PC with such a small resolution?

I play WoW in 1600x900 with all detail maxed to Ultra. I don't experience any kind of slowdown whatsoever. I did recently perform a massive hardware upgrade on my system in order to get this performance. My system is more than capable of going to much higher resolutions but I'd need to buy a bigger more capable screen first.

People using that resolution have either Android Browser or Internet Explorer as their browser (that's how it appears in our logs). So I guess they're using phones with Android or Windows Mobile.

People using that resolution have either Android Browser or Internet Explorer as their browser (that's how it appears in our logs). So I guess they're using phones with Android or Windows Mobile.

Yep. I'm posting this on my Android phone. It's my work-around to accessing this site while at work. Though, I generally use Opera or Firefox instead of the stock browser.

As indicated above, I also use the phone to check class guides here instead of alt-tabbing on my laptop.

The only problem I've had on my phone is that I can't use the sign in button while all the other buttons work just fine. I guess it's because the button is javascript and conjures some kind of 'pop-up'. I always end up clicking the 'create account' button and changing the URL from

http://www.icy-veins...ection=register

to

http://www.icy-veins...l&section=login

The only problem I've had on my phone is that I can't use the sign in button while all the other buttons work just fine. I guess it's because the button is javascript and conjures some kind of 'pop-up'. I always end up clicking the 'create account' button and changing the URL from

http://www.icy-veins...ection=register

to

http://www.icy-veins...l&section=login

Sorry about that, the thing is supposed to be mobile phones friendly! At least, those guys at Invision Power are claiming it :P

It is probably me on my Android phone while walking the dog :-)

• Like 1

Sorry about that, the thing is supposed to be mobile phones friendly! At least, those guys at Invision Power are claiming it Posted Image

Works okay on Android 2.2.2 (Browser version WebKit 3.1)