FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sikkz

A well-deserved THANK YOU

Akraen,

Your complete frost stat analysis was extremely well done, and it truly makes me happy to see mages such as yourself devote so much passion to their class - it really helps mages like myself understand my class more and play better.  There has always been a sense of unease when I'm playing frost, because I didn't really know for sure what the concrete numbers were for soft caps.  I just knew the basics, and this study of yours has completely unveiled it.

I can truthfully say after looking over your calculations that you have solved the puzzle that is the frost mage.  I no longer have doubt about what soft caps to aim for, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that I really appreciate you sharing this. I can take a huge, deep breath now that I know I'm prioritizing stats correctly. 

I attribute many of the strides I have made in WoW to the hard work you have put in for all of us.  My play-style and DPS output is on par with the highest tier of mages, and I must thank you for all of your guidance that helped me get to this point.  

I wanted to post this thread to give a big, well-deserved THANK YOU for everything you do for us, and for anyone else who wanted to share their experience with Akraen, or any of the other wonderful moderators that manage this forum.

I look forward to WoD, where hopefully this legacy you have started will live on.

Stay hungry.

• Like 7

Thanks from me too. Not only my mage is improved and trying to make best of it, i also have something to read while im bored, =)

• Like 2

Thanks from me too. Not only my mage is improved and trying to make best of it, i also have something to read while im bored, =)

Interesting. I always learned we are very boring, glad to hear otherwise.

Akraen,

Your complete frost stat analysis was extremely well done, and it truly makes me happy to see mages such as yourself devote so much passion to their class - it really helps mages like myself understand my class more and play better.  There has always been a sense of unease when I'm playing frost, because I didn't really know for sure what the concrete numbers were for soft caps.  I just knew the basics, and this study of yours has completely unveiled it.

I can truthfully say after looking over your calculations that you have solved the puzzle that is the frost mage.  I no longer have doubt about what soft caps to aim for, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that I really appreciate you sharing this. I can take a huge, deep breath now that I know I'm prioritizing stats correctly. 

I attribute many of the strides I have made in WoW to the hard work you have put in for all of us.  My play-style and DPS output is on par with the highest tier of mages, and I must thank you for all of your guidance that helped me get to this point.  

I wanted to post this thread to give a big, well-deserved THANK YOU for everything you do for us, and for anyone else who wanted to share their experience with Akraen, or any of the other wonderful moderators that manage this forum.

I look forward to WoD, where hopefully this legacy you have started will live on.

Stay hungry.

I fully support this sentiment; a forum with interesting knowledge-sharing and nurturing moderators is rare indeed. Thanks guys!

• Like 1

I shall join the choir of appreciation! Thank you guys for putting up such effort. The mage community here is one of the most constructive and polite I've ever encountered in any area of the interwebs.

I don't even have a mage, but through your work I like to believe I understand the frost spec fairly well (and possibly be inspired to get one to 90).

Keep up the good work! Every mod everywhere should look to you guys for a great example. :)

• Like 1

mfw akraen and kver get the love

sEFE8S4.gif

You guys have forgotten about someone. :( Guess helping out with analysis isn't enough nowadays? :(

You got the finder's fee, right Oltier? Also you can be the other old lady next to Paris Hilton.

• Like 1

You got the finder's fee, right Oltier? Also you can be the other old lady next to Paris Hilton.

Hmmm well, that's all I do nowadays, that's true :D

Hmmm well, that's all I do nowadays, that's true biggrin.png

Find some help for arcane, pleeeeeeease. I really wish I had someone reliable who could give some non-RoP-based feedback for arcane so maybe I can help draw attention to it for WoD.

Nobody seems to be willing to give feedback other than "RoP is crap" - because that's how I feel too. I can't be Arcane for more than 10 minutes before I change back, all because I can't handle a playstyle where I stand in a rune. I just can't.

• Like 1

Find some help for arcane, pleeeeeeease. I really wish I had someone reliable who could give some non-RoP-based feedback for arcane so maybe I can help draw attention to it for WoD.

Nobody seems to be willing to give feedback other than "RoP is crap" - because that's how I feel too. I can't be Arcane for more than 10 minutes before I change back, all because I can't handle a playstyle where I stand in a rune. I just can't.

I'll be on it :)

• Like 2