FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
fordfiesta

H Seigecrafter and haste breakpoints

ok, so this might be a situation unique to me but I'm hoping some of you geniuses (not kidding, some of you are brilliant with this!) may still have some ideas :)

so this tier I had to bench my warlock and switch to hunter once we got late into progression, because we're a 10 man, I usually handle mechanics / jobs / etc, and obviously hunter ... you'd bring 4 hunters and 2 warlocks for late heroic SoO bosses if you could.

So on seigecrafter, I'm the person who solos the first belt and goes up on every belt ... however, now that we have it on farm I'd like to pick up heroic shoulders on my warlock.

I'm still going to have to do my job the same way if I want to do this, so I just want to be as prepared as possible so that it still goes smoothly.

Has anyone done belts on a warlock?  I figure I should still be able to do all of them by using my portal.  I jump in the pipe anyway on the first belt, so I'll place my portal up there then, shouldn't have any trouble soloing since I'll have trinket procs + prepot.

However, the thing I'm wondering the most about is if I'll be out of range of getting spell haste, and if I am what haste I should probably go with for solo haste.  We kill crawler mines, so the raid is on the opposite side, where the crawler mines are.

I'm going to be playing affliction, am hoping that I get my shards back on each weapon kill so I can plan on having 100% haunt uptime .. otherwise if they don't give shards back on being killed I'll put corr up on the other weapons to try and hope for nightfall procs.

Any pet tips?  Was thinking about sac for the ease of it (managing the hunter pet can be a pain, sometimes it just stands there on the pipe until you command it to pet attack and specifically use one of it's abilities)

Why do you want those shoulders anyways? Tier shoulders aren't very good for a warlock.

I havent done belts, I've never seen warlocks do belts on heroic, so no idea.

When we progressed on this boss as 10 man I had already done it months ago on 25 as a backup for 3 weeks, so I had experience and volunteered just to make things easier. Locks are better down on the platform, but having a player who actually knows the pattern do it can remove some annoying wipes.

Regarding personal portal, iirc they made it so that your personal portal despawns (even if you plant it on main platform it despawns, WTF), so you won't be able to do every belt due to the debuff.

I did 25 man as Affliction with GoSac due to pet issues. If all you're going for is single target then haste stacking would be best for sure. Otherwise I do it as Destruction with little issues, going up every even number to help our hunter.

Also, no reason to multidot corruption as only your most recently application can proc nightfall.

we've been farming 25H for months and i got bored a couple weeks ago and volunteered to do the belts, and now siegecrafter is my favorite farm night boss (well, i guess the entire week is farm night)

i do it as destruction at 10.4k haste bp. when i land on the pipe i jump to the entrance of the belt which lets me cast 2 CBs without moving before the first row of death beams, then i just incinerate and SB to finish it off. havoc is nice to get embers if you have less than 4 going on the belt, but the timing works out that i can SB a mine on my way to the pipe so i almost always have 4 embers.

doing it as a lock is really nice because it's just impossible to die, unlike hunters who can be worn down over time by overloads and magnets.

Edited by mediocregatsby

Now I don´t know anything higher than nhc belt as destro but for me the question arises: why would you need the set shoulders? They are just BIS for demo according to Sparkuggz and while Demo is fun and for most fights not bad, I don´t think you can swap around that dmg potential in 10 man content, just saying.

And didn´t they fixed Nightfall to just proc from the most recent Corruption?

Edit: Meh, too slow... have to go to bed -.- Being CET+1 when most of you guys are in some american timezones sucks from time to time

Edited by check0790

Locks can not drop portal on belt to port up, unlike Monks who can.  You CAN predrop it on pull, however you need to drop it as boss is engages, the timing is so retarded we never got it working, and its a waste of time on progression to get up on the belt prepull each time without engineering..  

I did belt and still do belts sometimes if our Monk has to tank, though i do as destruction.  As destro just ensure you have 2 embers and your conflag charges and you can drop 2CB before first fire wall every time then just incin spam till execute while you navigate the fire walls.

I wanted my Shoulders too, but for Mog mostly tongue.png  Though i am building a haste set for Demo now...

Edit:  I also did belts with High crit no haste build, so haste it not required if you are worried about it.  I use 6 stacks of Backdraft to ensure i get those first 2 CB's out each belt.

Edited by Soulzar

Locks can not drop portal on belt to port up, unlike Monks who can.  You CAN predrop it on pull, however you need to drop it as boss is engages, the timing is so retarded we never got it working, and its a waste of time on progression to get up on the belt prepull each time without engineering..  

Figured I would bump this as FYI.  I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the Lock portal trick on belt and got it working.  I did every belt last night with our hunter and it worked out quite well.  With procs and hero can Solo first belt easily.  Critical to make sure you Shadowburn execute every weapon so you start every belt with 2 embers.

Glyph Eye of Kilrogg

Be standing on the platform when you summon Eye

Jump from highest point of first pipe to seam between belts (hit jump and forward at same time or your eye wont jump!)

Drop portal after the firewall appears

Depending on the length of your kill, your portal will run out on the last or second last belt.  I was able to take the tube for the last belt we needed to do.

I will do a video of the process next week to show how its done and post in the SoO Heroic/Normal Thread.

If it was forgotten, Warlocks are a higher asset on the platform than the belt.  Otherwise, the above advice is fine.

On Heroic, Especially in 10 man, being able to do every belt I would argue can be a significantly higher asset than whatever we can do on the platform.

If you don't have two other players able to do every belt(Hunter, WW), Lock doing belts is better than lock on platform and will yield higher Raid DPS. 

How did Hunters, who's pets bug out half the time going up to pipe end up being the best class for the job?  Because they could bypass a mechanic and do every belt letting another DPS stay full time on boss.

I finally got to do the main platform in 10 man after 3 months as we have 2 hunters doing all the belts. Raaaaaaaped it.

Didn't even get PBI proc in first 20 seconds and havoc usage was shit but still 10k clear of rank 2. 

I agree that having an extra class being able to solo it helps, but Destruction is just amazing on this fight with all the free embers.

On Heroic, Especially in 10 man, being able to do every belt I would argue can be a significantly higher asset than whatever we can do on the platform.

If you don't have two other players able to do every belt(Hunter, WW), Lock doing belts is better than lock on platform and will yield higher Raid DPS. 

How did Hunters, who's pets bug out half the time going up to pipe end up being the best class for the job?  Because they could bypass a mechanic and do every belt letting another DPS stay full time on boss.

On the platform, I'm able to Chaos Bolt every single overcharged Mine which essentially removes this from being a mechanic.  For Belt 3, 5, 6, and 7, I solo the small bombs with no contribution from the rest of the raid.  This enables everyone else to not switch to adds and they tunnel the boss.  I won't say that you're wrong, but I just can't see how a good Destruction Warlock isn't optimized in the way we run them.  A Hunter + 1 melee can take care of every other belt while a Hunter + 1 other melee can handle the others.  There's no reason to utilize another ranged for the belts.  This, of course, is based around our strategy where we deal with overcharged mines every chance we get since we can trivialize them.  Other comps/strategies may see this different.

On the platform, I'm able to Chaos Bolt every single overcharged Mine which essentially removes this from being a mechanic.  For Belt 3, 5, 6, and 7, I solo the small bombs with no contribution from the rest of the raid.  This enables everyone else to not switch to adds and they tunnel the boss.  I won't say that you're wrong, but I just can't see how a good Destruction Warlock isn't optimized in the way we run them.  A Hunter + 1 melee can take care of every other belt while a Hunter + 1 other melee can handle the others.  There's no reason to utilize another ranged for the belts.  This, of course, is based around our strategy where we deal with overcharged mines every chance we get since we can trivialize them.  Other comps/strategies may see this different.

I should hope you wouldn't say I am wrong, even if you're implying it which is why I've followed up.  

What if you don't have a hunter?  I mean its great if you can save your raid a few globals by using Havoc correctly, but if you don't have a hunter to do every belt with your two melee, whats a bigger RDPS gain... your havoc CB's every 30 seconds or an extra full time dps on boss?

I'm saying its an option, and a good one.... one that could help 10 man groups with less than optimal group comps. Anyways, the information is there for any who are interested and i'll try to remember to get a video of the process next week.  

Figured I would bump this as FYI.  I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the Lock portal trick on belt and got it working.  I did every belt last night with our hunter and it worked out quite well.  With procs and hero can Solo first belt easily.  Critical to make sure you Shadowburn execute every weapon so you start every belt with 2 embers.

Glyph Eye of Kilrogg

Be standing on the platform when you summon Eye

Jump from highest point of first pipe to seam between belts (hit jump and forward at same time or your eye wont jump!)

Drop portal after the firewall appears

Depending on the length of your kill, your portal will run out on the last or second last belt.  I was able to take the tube for the last belt we needed to do.

I will do a video of the process next week to show how its done and post in the SoO Heroic/Normal Thread.

very nice. i will have to try that!

Our second hunter was out this week and decided to give this a try.  Most fun I've had on Siegecrafter progression yet and got him to 2%.  I'm more reliable than the hunter and do far more damage rarely having to go through the first flame wall before I can SB.  Basically, put your circle down when flames start.  Use the port and hop your way to the front and jump in place.  Havoc the first target unless it's what you plan to kill and then target your target still jumping in place.  Spam Conflagrate until you run out of charges, then CoE.  After you do that, you aren't moving until 2 CB's are used (except first belt where you only have 1 ember). Spam Incinerate and use Conflagrate when it's up as it will be back when you need it and DON'T FORGET TO FINISH WITH SB (even if the target has 1HP you can still SB for refunds).  You will get a feel for if you have to cross the first flame wall or not and when to use DS/Potion/Doomie.  I had to jump into the pipe for the last go on the belt (refresh circle on the main platform to get back to boss faster) and after that it was time to run after the boss to finish him in the last 15sec of that belt and the next 30sec of the belt we were ignoring.

To answer the question, I didn't use Immolate so no hard breakpoints are required. That being said, I wouldn't roll with less than 10k haste or else you will cut it hella close with the 2 CB's. Nothing feels worse on those belts than wasting 3sec on a failbolt or dying...

Trinkets: KTT saved my ass a few time's with the mob not dying to SB and then ranging me.  Use it, haste past 10k is extra and BBoY procs are gonna be difficult to snapshot or come at awful times (lots of downtime).

Edited by Gnar

was hoping to use h wf iron jugg legs as my off piece.  I don't have h wf dou dou chong shoulders.  So it didn't work out, as some have said the portal despawns, I was not able to do every belt, so I had to go back hunter and I am just hoping to get paragons tier legs now to use with regular heroic dou dou chong shoulders ... but it looks like with the new item upgrades we'll get garrosh anyway this week.

was hoping to use h wf iron jugg legs as my off piece.  I don't have h wf dou dou chong shoulders.  So it didn't work out, as some have said the portal despawns, I was not able to do every belt, so I had to go back hunter and I am just hoping to get paragons tier legs now to use with regular heroic dou dou chong shoulders ... but it looks like with the new item upgrades we'll get garrosh anyway this week.

I do have the video of the process, I'll try to get it on YT so you can try again next week if you need.

thanks Soulzar!  reporting back though, I actually don't have to worry about it any more, my guild disbanded, so I ended up joining another guild that has a belt team in place so I get to be on the floor :)  No shoulders, but my new guild is a 25 m, so I'll hold out for tier legs and eventually getting h wf dou dou chongs.

Nothing better than heroic Doo Doo!

Every morning I come in to work and go "Shit, forgot to post that" ... Been a bit crazier for me this week as I've had my daughter since her mom was ill.  Silly parenting getting in the way of being a WoW vegetable! :D

If it was forgotten, Warlocks are a higher asset on the platform than the belt.  Otherwise, the above advice is fine.

Unless you are the *only* ranged dps with one ranged healer.  Then your value seems to be pretty much kiting the laser.  Still trying to figure out how to keep up better dps running from that so much.

Unless you are the *only* ranged dps with one ranged healer.  Then your value seems to be pretty much kiting the laser.  Still trying to figure out how to keep up better dps running from that so much.

We have only one laser in our strat.  It comes during Wave 3, which comes combo'd with the Empowered Magnet.  It's trivialized since you're trying to survive here anyways.  Only other laser comes during Wave 6 where it's Empowered, lets people find a safe spot, and they finish the boss.  Mines are very easy to deal with in a ranged-heavy group.