FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sikkz

Tips for my mage! (WoL report included)

Hello!

I ran a log during this flex group that I did this morning for a guild application.  I figured that I would also post the log here to see if any of you professionals out there notice anything that I'm doing wrong.

I feel that my damage is very solid for my item level, and am very proud of the numbers I can put out.  However, I figured that I had nothing to lose posting this log, and would greatly value any suggestions for improvement if you notice any.  I'm content with my damage, but now I want to see if some of you pros are content with it:)

Thanks in advance for your time and for your tips, they are greatly appreciated! 

Oh BTW, take a peek at my armory before you look over the log! Maybe you will even notice something wrong with my gemming/reforging that I haven't noticed!  

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m80406vfhy89sgey/

EDIT: Please disregard the Dark Shaman fight.  I actually died in the middle of it, and I notice that my invoker's energy/bomb uptime was a little low.  Also, you may notice that I only used AT once on the Nazgrim fight.  The tank pulled immediately after the last trash group and I had zero time for ICDs to refresh, or even to pre-pot.  Just wanted to clarify these couple things to let you guys know that I'm aware of them:)

Edited by Scottylol

Hello mate.
First of all one huge tip. Start using Warcraft Logs instead of WoL as there it's far easier to go into analyzing Events and stuff you did on the pull in a far easier way. 
gemming reforging wise it's standard Akraen stuff.
Haste 14242 (for your gearlevel), Mastery, Haste under cap, Crit (don't even bother going for the cap).
One thing is though that you have a twohanded staff. Weapon from Nazgrim and offhand from Thok is what you should be looking at. I know it's not easy to say but yea generally prefer Onehand + offhand.
Now I have to say nice uptimes. LB is very well (it could be at 100% though if you snapshotted correctly and refreshed before the last tick). Invocation is very well as you should always refresh after the buff expires!
:) I am just focusing on the single target fight Iron Juggernaut. 
I can not get further in snapshotting and events in order to see how you did on the pull. Generally I can not start looking into your Snapshotting to see what you did there (which is why I recommend Warcraft Logs).
What i did see is that on IJ you only used one pot. 
If you want some more indepth help use WCL instead of WoL xD
it will help you out as it;s far easier to see!
I want to finalize with saying I love to see people asking questions. WIth akraen gone I shall try to pickup his work. I am quite new to it so i might make some mistakes but I hope you have at least something to go with.
Berlinia

Your Battlenet shows your weapon is unenchanted and ungemmed. But you did seem to receive Jade Spirit during the IJ pull. A very confused Berlinia. 

Thank you for the feedback!

A couple things I want to clarify:

1.) That's really weird that you can't see the Jade Spirit on my weapon - I definitely have the enchant, and it's gemmed! 

2.) I am aware that, ideally, my weapon choices would be a little different, but the only two options I have right now that have dropped for me are the flex wand off of spoils, or this normal mode staff.  The obvious choice is the normal mode staff, but will change it when a 553 wand drops:)

3.) Does it really show that I didn't use a second potion?  I know I used a second IV, and I actually have IV and jade serpent potion macroed together, so I find that really odd.

Good catch on the mirror image! Thanks again:)

Edited by Scottylol

Indeed seems I am uncapable keeping my gaze on a straight line. Ignore that part :)

Ye whenever you got a normal piece of any mainhand replace :)
If you want more analysis I can not stress it more but use Warcraft Logs!!!!

You definitely used 2 potions on IJ

9AF58Mt.png

Thank you for this clarification.  I am still learning how to analyze everything on WoL.  One thing I did notice is that, even though it only says that I only used Mirror Image once, I have a 60 second uptime on it, leading me to believe I definitely did cast it twice.  I was getting worried, because those are things I almost never forget to do.  Thank you for clarifying this durrty.

.Indeed. WoL doesn't record anything prepull and as such your prepull MI didn't get accounted on the number of casts, but the amount of Mirror Images did. Same with the Jade serpent.