FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shine

Ads and browserhijackers

Hello, I am having alot of problems with ads and browserhijackers.

I know for a fact that alot of people use adblockers and similar programs, but I dont know which ones to download. I tried googling it but most of the programs I find either work barely or not at all.

the things that bother me most are green double underlined text that appear EVERYWHERE on mozilla firefox, the upper-right corner ads on webpages that look like turning a page of a book and search.conduit.com which has been replaces as my homepage.

any tips would be very welcome.

Shine

If your homepage has been replaced, I think you may be looking at something more than just issues with ads. If I were you, I'd just go to https://www.malwarebytes.org, get their free version, and run it on my computer. As for ad blockers, well adblock plus is supposed to be the best one around.

• Like 1

Hello, I am having alot of problems with ads and browserhijackers.

I know for a fact that alot of people use adblockers and similar programs, but I dont know which ones to download. I tried googling it but most of the programs I find either work barely or not at all.

the things that bother me most are green double underlined text that appear EVERYWHERE on mozilla firefox, the upper-right corner ads on webpages that look like turning a page of a book and search.conduit.com which has been replaces as my homepage.

any tips would be very welcome.

Shine

I had the same search.conduit.com malware on my HTPC, and it did include precursors to Trojan viruses.  I'd definitely follow Damien's recommendation of downloading Malwarebytes, running a full scan on that, and making sure those files get removed.

Once that's done, I like using AdBlockPlus (Which has versions for both Firefox and Chrome), especially because I can very easily whitelist sites such as MMO-Champ and Icy-Veins.  It's a browser addon, not a specific program, though.

Spybot Search & Destroy ( http://www.safer-networking.org/ ) is a good one too. Often if a computer has a problem I'll scan it with both malwarebytes and spybot. One of them will fix the problem most of the time.

Also, if you aren't using anti-virus, Microsoft Security Essentials is free, and a fairly decent virus scan as long as you're running a legit version of windows.