This week's World of Warcraft recap details the latest live hotfixes as well as our first look at the upcoming Patch 5.4.8 PTR patch notes! Blizzard has also released an extensive look at the upcoming model changes to the female Night Elf, a race as iconic as World of Warcraft itself! We also have some videos from our friends at MMO-Champion showing off two new and unreleased mounts, the Grinning Reaver and the Warforged Nightmare! All this and a new episode of Azeroth Choppers! Check out this week's recap below!
Latest Patch 5.4.7 Hotfixes
Another batch of live server hotfixes have been released, including some class changes. The Paladin ability Sword of Light has been buffed, and a bug that allowed for Warlocks to retain their Tier 14 set bonus without wearing the armor. Blizzard has also made a few PvP changes, disabling the use of the warlock ability Demonic Gateway during Preparation as well as the Figurine - Ruby Hare in rated PvP.
- Sword of Light now increases healing done by Word of Glory by 60% (up from 30%).
- Armor Set
- Resolved an issue where Warlocks were able to incorrectly retain their Tier-14 4-piece set bonus when the armor is no longer equipped.
- Armor Set
- Resolved an issue where players were able to incorrectly stack multiple movement speed buffs.
- Demonic Gateway can no longer be cast during the Preparation phase in Arenas, Battlegrounds, and Rated Battlegrounds.
- Ruby Hare is no longer usable in Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds.
Artcraft -- Huntress of Teldrassil
Blizzard has published another piece in their Artcraft series, which previously spotlighted X and Y. This new blog details the upcoming changes to the female night elf model, which in addition to its drastically increased polycount now featuers more accurate ears (troll-like!) and even fangs! The Artcraft samples in this article were made before the addition of the "canine teeth," but Senior Art Director Chris G. Robinson has confirmed on Twitter that night elves will definitely now have fangs! Chomp! Check out the latest changes to one of Warcraft's most iconic races on the official World of Warcraft blog!
5.4.8 PTR Now Available, Patch Notes Released
Blizzard has just updated the Public Test Realm to Patch 5.4.8 for testing! Players interested in testing the new content can copy a character and download the client to get started. These notes are subject to change before the patch is released, and we'll surely see some additional updates over the next few weeks! This first build will allow players to upgrade their SoO and Timeless Isle epics another 8 item levels, and also increases the item levels of the Garrosh heirlooms. adds an item which allows players to trade Timeless Coins for Valor. In addition, there is a hefty list of CVars which can no longer be updated by addons, so developers take note!
Patch 5.4.8 PTR Patch Notes - May 15
- All upgradable epic quality items introduced in Patch 5.4 (items found in Siege of Orgrimmar and on the Timeless Isles) will now be eligible to be upgraded an additional 2 times for a total increase of 16 item levels. Please note, this change does not apply to PvP gear.
- Heirloom weapons awarded by Garrosh Hellscream have been increased by 8 item levels to keep them on parity with the additional 2 upgrade levels given to other items.
- Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle next to the Celestial Court now sells a token called Deeds of Valor for 3000 Timeless Coins. When used, Deeds of Valor grants 100 Valor Points to the character, up to the 1000 Valor Point maximum per week.
- For additional details behind this change, please check out the forum thread titled: Gear Changes in Patch 5.4.8.
- UI Add-Ons are no longer able to update a number of CVars while the player is in combat. A complete listing of CVars affected by this change can be found in the forum thread titled: 5.4.8 Changes to CVars While In-Combat.
New Grinning Reaver and Warforged Nightmare Mounts Detailed
After Blizzard teased us all earlier this week in this post on Twitter, showing off what appears to be a Silithid mount. Our friends over at MMO-Champion have done even better, and have made a video showing off this amazing mount, the Grinning Reaver which serves as both a ground and flying mount! There's no word yet on where this mount will be available, but speculation is on it being added as a new store mount. They've also got a video showing off another amazing mount, from the Coming Soon™ department, the Warforged Nightmare! Check out the videos below!
33% Off Cosmetic Armor Pieces In-Game Shop Sale
Blizzard is running a short sale in the Warcraft in-game shop offering 33% off the Hood of Hungering Darkness, Jewel of the Firelord, and Crown of Eternal Winter until May 20, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PT! Transmoggers rejoice!
Azeroth Choppers Episode 5 Now Available
The latest episode of the Azeroth Choppers webseries has been posted! This week, the Blizzard teams fly out to New York to get their first looks at the Horde and Alliance bikes! If you're interested, Blizzard has also opened up a thread on their official forums asking users to share any questions they might have for Paul Jr. and the bike teams! Check out this week's episode!