FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nalar

Stats question

Hi all,

Since 5.4.8.1.2.3 (sarcasm there) dropped, would like to know what stats priority you are running for destro spec, (mastery haste crit or mastery crit haste?)

And what haste are you running for destro spec as well, I'm going to drop afflic and go full destro so would like to know?

Also

How are you getting big chaos bolt numbers, with everything I have I seem to be only doing 2.6 million!!!.

I have hc PBI and hc KTT as well as normal BBoY , but cannot seem to get into the 3 million threshold ?.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Nalar/simple

Would like some advice there please.

And yeah it when all my trinkets have proc'd as well.

Nalar

Edited by Nalar

Destro is still mastery > crit = haste.

After mastery, choose Crit.  Choose haste.  Difference will not matter, just pick the one that fits your playstyle.

I run high haste for destro, about 11.4k.   I do that so I can hit the breakpoint I would like as affliction, using much shared gear.  Sure, I overrun the GCD during the pull (especially if berserking) but in the long run of the fight, it tends to work out.

As far as 3 million damage chaos bolt, that should not be too hard with hc PBI and KTT.  On a pull, should be able to get up as a minimum 2 chaos bolts during first 4pc proc with Dark Soul (ton of crit) + flask + pot (ton of int) + trinket(s). 

My opener (which, is probably close to all other openers) is usually at around 2 sec: pre pot - incinerate - curse of the elements - dark soul - immolate - conflag - conflag - incinerate (3 -4 times) - chaos bolt - chaos bolt

Thanks for the fast reply,

I run 11.4 haste as well and like i said I was thinking of doing pure destro but been playing around with AMR and if I choose mastery crit haste with 5 on mastery and the lowest haste breakpoint I can go, I loose haste (obviously) but gain 5% crit and a little int.

my opener is very similar to yours but I do CoE b4 my 1st incinerate, but that nothing imo.

Did a normal run last night and was constantly getting my CB over the 2 million mark and the highest I did was 2.67 million.

On paragons I was doing RoF and liked the way my embers were regenerating, so this is why I did this post to primarily see what haste other locks were doing.

When I was pure destro I ran 10.4k haste and whatever else into crit.

Now I'm playing more Demo, and will likely run Afflic a couple weeks to just to change things up.

Im sitting at 15.5k haste and this is what I used on thursday on heroic garrosh as Destro, and did just fine (rank 2).

Stats really don't matter, so just play with what you are most comfortable with.

Also, you aren't hit capped.

Edited by Liquidsteel

Yeah I was messing about with my stats last night b4 bed and seeing what I could push my stats too. Didn't see thehit cap fail lol.

Just asking liquid, what's demo like I love the spec and want to try it again.

Looked at zagam and he's gone demo aswell and just curious , Is it any good?.

Demonology is my favourite spec so I'm probably a bit biased, but it's still a very good spec.

single Target it's on par with destruction, but affliction with good RNG and the stronger opener will beat it.

Its also on par with destruction on fights like fallen protectors too.

It suffers at the moment from a lack of people playing it. I played far from perfectly this reset and still came out with a bunch of top ranks. Judging by rankings theres only like 3 or 4 people actually attempting to put out decent rankings anyway.

Thankfully my guild will be moving to 25 man next reset so will get to see some real competition!

Me 2 it's my favourite spec also, played about with AMR and got some useful stats out of it.

But doubt that my guild would let me use demo for progression raiding .

Did protectors and made sure that I kept doom up on all 3 if them for max amount of time.

hey liquid

got a couple of questions about demo spec ,

1st why do you run with so much haste when the 'ideal' breakpoint is 14873,

2nd when glyphing demon training, does that affect the speed of the casting of the that spawn from the glyp , or just your ( if your stupid enough to go imp over felguard lol)

3rd when using mannorths fury is there any unwritten rules to use it ?

I can't speak for Liquid, but as another lock who's gone to mostly just playing demo lately, I can probably answer a question or two.

Haste is great for demo, and you can't really get too much to be beneficial. I'm not that geared, so I run with 13.5k haste, but more would be wonderful. 

Not sure about the glyph, I use it sometimes so I get a bigger Sac Pact from my Wrathguard, but I haven't noticed anything different with my Wild Imps.

Use Mannoroth's Fury when you will get the most dps out of it. Another great use on some fights like Heroic Immerseus or Heroic Sha: Pop MF and Immo Aura near the adds when they will die during the effect. That can give you a lot of Demonic Fury to work with.

hey liquid

got a couple of questions about demo spec ,

1st why do you run with so much haste when the 'ideal' breakpoint is 14873,

2nd when glyphing demon training, does that affect the speed of the casting of the that spawn from the glyp , or just your ( if your stupid enough to go imp over felguard lol)

I go Mastery > Haste > Crit because all 3 specs can be played that way. It just so happens that with my current gear, I end up at 15.5k haste.

Haste and Mastery are both desirable stats for Demonology and can be interchanged without much harm being done. Mastery benefits more in burst AoE scenarios, whilst Haste provides more fluid Fury generation and is better on pure single target.

I just picked up the HCWF shoulders from Norushen, and with my current set up, would end up at 14.6k haste, so naturally I'll opt to hit the 14880 breakpoint as a troll.

To answer your 2nd question - it does not.  The glyph does not alter your guardian Imps that come from Demonic Calling and your Doom critical hits.

For your 3rd question, almost all of the 'rules' to use it are written.  You have to decide the value of AD vs MF, and usually, MF is going to come up short.  Exceptions are fights like Immerseus with all the adds and perhaps Heroic Sha with the adds coming up on a minute CD.  AD is very powerful, however, if you line it up with procs or execute phase.  It's also more powerful the shorter a fight is, so keep that in mind when thinking between talents.

thanks guys for the info, a couple of weeks ago i ran demo just for fun and did 13153 so i wouldnt loose any mastery and did ok there, (and didnt do too badly there if i might say so )

pity the glyph doesnt work that would be a awesome buff for keeping DF up for a little longer,

i might give it another go in a couple of weeks when i have Valor capped most things important on my gear.

also 1 very last question ( i promise ) ive been wondering on protectors , when in demo spec and you glyph with the tanking glyph

has anyone tried to 'tank' the add that spawns from rook and even if you have sacrificial pact on you?( i dont know if anyones tried it) 

the reason why i ask is i ran normal IJ and had the lazer beam on me on the siege phase and clicked my sacrifitial pact on me and i just took it , no problem

also 1 very last question ( i promise ) ive been wondering on protectors , when in demo spec and you glyph with the tanking glyph

has anyone tried to 'tank' the add that spawns from rook and even if you have sacrificial pact on you?( i dont know if anyones tried it) 

No, because we have two tanks who are there to do that job...lol

And if you meant from He, still no, because as a lock, we are already durable as all fuck especially to handle abilities that other classes can easily manage.

• Like 1