FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chimosh

SMF v TG

I recently received a  inv_sword_1h_orgrimmarraid_d_01.jpgXifeng, Longblade of the Titanic Guardian but the only other options I have for another 1handers are inv_axe_1h_orgrimmarraid_d_01.jpgHaromm's Frozen Crescent and inv_sword_1h_mogu_c_01.jpgDo-tharak, the Swordbreaker (Upgraded 530). Obviously these arent the best choices hence my hesitation. I could possibly get a inv_axe_1h_pvppandarias3_c_01.jpgPrideful Gladiator's Hacker but would rather not spend my conquest on it (Was actually planing on upgrading my neck with conquest). Would it be optimal to switch to SMF over my current TG set up? (See armory link).

From my understanding I should be going SMF or TG depending on the highest ilvl I can get for my main hand. 

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dark-iron/Chimosh/simple

Thank you in advance. 

My first guess would be to stay with your TG weapons. I could be wrong, though, despite the fact that the 1H is HWF. The fact that the best alternative is a tanking weapon with completely useless stats lends me to believe that the TG setup you currently have would be better until you gain a more useful OH for SMF.

To find out the absolute answer, though, I'd recommend plugging the weapons into SimCraft and seeing what the output is there.

Sajakain has it right on the simcraft part. However, I personally believe that the smf setup will come ahead, due to the massive ilvl increase.

No matter what, it'll probably be a close call.

Thanks for the quick response. I should have thought about simming this. As a first time poster I'm a little star struck that ragebarr responded to my post, been following your stuff for awhile now. 

THANKS!

Edited by Chimosh
  • Like 1

Personally, I would stay with the TG setup rather than going with the SMF.  Why?  The call will be close, but I *know* I would be trying to replace those weapons ASAP, and think the 2k valor to fully do the 4 upgrades to each could be better spent elsewhere.   Then again, if you have the valor to spare....

BTW, did you win that sword on a roll, or bonus roll?  If it was a bonus roll, change your loot spec in fury to arms, you won't get one handed weapons on bonus rolls any more if that is your desire.

Personally, I would stay with the TG setup rather than going with the SMF.  Why?  The call will be close, but I *know* I would be trying to replace those weapons ASAP, and think the 2k valor to fully do the 4 upgrades to each could be better spent elsewhere.   Then again, if you have the valor to spare....

BTW, did you win that sword on a roll, or bonus roll?  If it was a bonus roll, change your loot spec in fury to arms, you won't get one handed weapons on bonus rolls any more if that is your desire.

No, The sword dropped and no one else could use it so I picked it up. I always have my loot spec set to Arms. 

The valor thing is true. My answer was assuming you can upgrade both weapons. If you don't have the valor to spare, the TG setup will undoubtebly be best.