FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Wildstar

Damn ... completely missed this topic. 

Me (Esper) and Cynthaea (Warrior) are currently leveling Exile on the PVE-RP server. We got to see a dungeon for the first time yesterday. Oof. But we are both altoholics anyway. So, we will roll some dommies over on Avatus later today.

• Like 1

Storm! I was so engrossed in that headstart that I am so guilty of ignoring Icy Veins and anything else that is WoW related. I have been meaning to look at the world through the Dommie point of view cos I have been playing Exiles even in the beta(I didn't play much in beta cos I didn't want spoilers). 

I love my Warrior but I will probably go with some other class on the Dominion side. But yayy!! I have more incentives to play Dominion now! cool.png There should be more love for Warriors in Wildstar. 

I want to pull a Storm and have multiple Warriors. biggrin.png Maybe my Dommie will be a Warrior too. 

Edited by Cynthaea
  • Like 1

We're up to 8 now in our Wildstar guild, plus a few more if Locky and some others like the game and buy it once their 7 day friend passes are up. Trying to get as many people that we know from the forums here and our WoW guilds before I start recruiting in game to get our roster up.

We're up to 8 now in our Wildstar guild, plus a few more if Locky and some others like the game and buy it once their 7 day friend passes are up. Trying to get as many people that we know from the forums here and our WoW guilds before I start recruiting in game to get our roster up.

What's your guild named?  My Chau Esper (Orthios) is up to 16 now, really liking him.

For anyone on the Exile side, I also have an Aurin Spellslinger at lvl 12 named Orthias.

Edit: What Hybris said about World Bosses being undermanned is completely true.  I've defeated metal maw with as few as 12 people and the exile one with 14 people.  

Edited by Orthios

The guild is named "Wildly Respectable" it's a play on "Semi Respectable" which is Zagam/Hybris/Locky/Krazy/ half the mods' guild. I wanted to name the guild "Space Hamsters" because it seems like most of the dominion are chua, but the name was taken dry.png

Yo Storm, me and Jin want to try this out but we don't want to play with anyone while we learn it and see if we like it.  Do they have trials or anything? 

I think I may have one left, I can't remember if I gave it to priesty or not. Locky just bought the game like 2 days ago though, so he may still have some.

make a dominion on Avatus just incase you do decide to play, that way you'll at least be on our server/faction.

I've been having a lot of fun with it so far, haven't hit max level yet though. The world is extremely huge, and the combat is kind of unique. My only complaints so far is that some areas/mobs are extremely difficult for no apparent reason. and sometimes I wish there was a little bit more direction/linear progression in questing. sometimes you'll be standing in the middle of a zone twice the size of any wow zone, and you'll have 3 quests sending you in completely different directions.

Yeah, the flow of combat can get a little weird.  As an Esper, I can approach a level 20 mob, and kill it quickly.  Then I can approach a different level 20 mob, and it can destroy me.  There is an 'Elite' designation (called Prime), but even then it can be misleading.

Espers are pretty much glass cannons.  And the questing sends you all over in absolutely no order whatsoever (not to mention explorer quests :P).  Then there's the fact that mob hp goes up very quickly when going from challenger (normal strength) to superior (hard) and much more going up to prime (very hard).  As in 5k > 20k > 55k hp at lvl 14-15.  

Other than the difficulty being so high, I'm really enjoying the game.  Having a limited number of action slots makes choosing which abilities to use kinda difficult, with assault, support, and utility all needing a spot (for me, going without bolster in my assault LAS would make it impossible to kill much of anything without a 30 sec break).  That and the way telegraphs work make AoE much easier, but you also have to be careful not to draw any extra mobs with each attack.  

@Zagam: If you want/need guest passes, I have all 3 of mine that I have no use for, so shoot me a pm if you want them.

Bolster is bad, get the shield instead.  It ticks for SO low.

If you mean phantasmal armor, that's next on my abilities to get list. And I quite like bolster so far. 2 stack usually heals for around ~160 per second, which is fine for going between mobs.

If you mean phantasmal armor, that's next on my abilities to get list. And I quite like bolster so far. 2 stack usually heals for around ~160 per second, which is fine for going between mobs.

You must have significantly more support power than me, then.  Mine, at level 17, would tick for ~80 at 2 stacks.  Compared to a 2k shield, I'ma gonna go with the shield.

It's still hitting or 80/tick, but ticking twice at once with two stacks of bolsters (with assault gear on). I'm not sure how much it ticks for in my support gear, as I'm not usually using it on myself to see. I do know that a 5 pp reverie hits for around 1300 when I was running riot in the void as healer, but I'm not the most comfortable with Esper healing right now.

Bolster is good for DPS only because like Concentrate Blade, it is two charges and off the GCD and each charge generates a PP. So essentially they help you get to 5PP faster and hopefully get out a powerful finisher and kill things before they kill you. I use it as something in my rotation to help me get to 5PP rather than depend on its heal.

I also have all 3 of my guest passes in case anyone is interested in trying out.

• Like 1

Bolster is good for DPS only because like Concentrate Blade, it is two charges and off the GCD and each charge generates a PP. So essentially they help you get to 5PP faster and hopefully get out a powerful finisher and kill things before they kill you. I use it as something in my rotation to help me get to 5PP rather than depend on its heal.

I also have all 3 of my guest passes in case anyone is interested in trying out.

I could be persuaded Drumsmani  :)

• Like 2

Gwen! I have my guest passes too! Come play with us! smile.png (In fact, I just messaged you here with my guest pass see you on Nexus!)

Edited by Cynthaea
  • Like 1

Gwen! I have my guest passes too! Come play with us! smile.png (In fact, I just messaged you here with my guest pass see you on Nexus!)

Got it ty! I'll get on tomorrow.

• Like 1

add any of us in game when you start playing and we can get you a ginvite! We need to start doing some more grouped stuff to get some guild exp, even if its just leveling in groups.

I think even 2-person groups are recognized towards guild renown. Hopefully with all the rested xp that my toon has accumulated over the week, I can push towards 20 and the first dungeon sometime this weekend.