FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dandex

Need help with my WW.

Hello there fellow monks. I've been playing windwalker for about 2 months now, and i feel like my single target dps is low.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Dandex/simple

here's a log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kzjwq4YtmBTh8M9V#type=damage-done&source=14

I've followed the guide from icy viens.

Any help is appreciated.

Alright, lets take a looksie.

First, gear.  Are you just super unlucky with trinkets?  Assurance of Consequence is a pretty awful trinket.  Even the 522 Shado-Pan trinket is better than a 553 version.  Changing those for some more reasonable trinkets would be a large gain in DPS.  I'd recommend doing some Normal/Heroic ToT as well as SoO for some better trinket options.

From Sha of Pride, your play is pretty good.  You could use SLIGHTLY more Rising Sun Kicks, but you have a fairly good grasp on it with 37 / 42 uses.  The exact same with Chi Wave, with 18 / 22 uses.  Tiger Power uptime is pretty good, at 95%, but could come up a little bit, avoiding the drop late in the fight.  You also have 113 Tigerseye Brew gains, but 13 uses.  You should try to only use Tigerseye at max stacks, or to bleed stacks at the end of a fight.

The major thing that I can say is that your usage of Fists of Fury is pretty high.  At 9k Haste, I'm sure that it's a little bit too high.  You should only be using Fists of Fury when:

You can use the entirety of it's duration to regen energy

and

Energizing Brew is not available

and

Rising Sun Kick and Chi Wave won't come up during it's channel

Beyond those small things, you're doing pretty well!  Keep it up, and practice at your situational timing re: Fists of Fury!

Thanks for the reply :D

I will try and use less fists of fury and more rising sun kicks/blackout kicks.

Windwalker is my offspec, and i don't want to use all my points on my offspec gear(we run EPGP).

Thanks for the reply biggrin.png

I will try and use less fists of fury and more rising sun kicks/blackout kicks.

Windwalker is my offspec, and i don't want to use all my points on my offspec gear(we run EPGP).

If offspec gear costs points, and they'd rather DE than give gear away, they're running EPGP wrong.  

So, if Assurance of consequence is a terrible WW trinket, what would you suggest as to two BiS trinkets? a lot of websites recommend the Assurance and KTT, but.. if one of those is terrible I am open to looking for other suggestions

So, if Assurance of consequence is a terrible WW trinket, what would you suggest as to two BiS trinkets? a lot of websites recommend the Assurance and KTT, but.. if one of those is terrible I am open to looking for other suggestions

It's kind of a toss up, really.  Assurance of Consequence can be used to replace some of your haste, if you prefer a minimalist haste build.

I don't like the way it works, and from the OP's current high haste build, they wouldn't see the benefit from AoC.

Haromm's and Ticking Ebon would be better.

Wtf. My last guild gave OS for free.

This is why I hate point systems. It makes people not want to get stuff because they want other stuff when it would benefit the raid as a whole.

I didn't give a shit regardless and needed everything I wanted and I still came out with a bunch of shit.