FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Murphyslaw54

spellflash addon

I have been useing a spellflash addon to help with my rotation. I have been told by some that this is just someone generic addon of what they think would be the best rotation..so people have been telling to to not use it and go from memory what i think would be right..LOL i am 60 yrs young and my memory isnt as good as the younger ones that play the game any suggestion on getting the most dps.. for a rotation

Hunter rotation is more of a priority list where what ability you use is based on what on cooldown and how much focus you have.

For survival:

•Black Arrow

•Explosive Shot

•Glaive Toss or Barrage

•Arcane Shot

•Cobra Shot

You want to try to always have enough focus for explosive shot and black arrow when they come off cooldown.

For Beast Mastery:

•Bestial Wrath

•Kill Command

•Glaive Toss or Barrage

•Arcane Shot

•Cobra shot

There's a lot more to this for beast mastery, and there's a lot of little subtleties to the spec that make it a bit more complicated. Such as learning when to use focus fire and when not to.

For Marksmanship:

•Chimera Shot

•Glaive Toss or Barrage

•Aimed Shot

•Arcane Shot

•Steady Shot

Again, there's a bunch of subtleties to marksman that complicate it, but not quite to the degree of beast mastery. Such as keeping up the buff from double casting steady shot. There's also the choice of 2 focus dumps (aimed and arcane shot), which can confuse people on which to use. In general, I will only use arcane if the target won't live very long (such as the MCs on Garrosh) and try to use aimed shot at all other times.

For All:

Use your cooldowns (Stampede and Rapid Fire) as many times throughout the fight as you can (during a raid boss, that is). You *shouldn't* need these for solo content such as the timeless isle.

I hope this helps, and you can also view IV's class guides for hunters, as they go more in-depth into the rotation than I do.

So I have been big into SV this entire xpac, and i will try to give you some pointers. 

For this post:

SS-Serpent Sting

BA-Black Arrow

ES-Explosive Shot

AS-Arcane Shot

GT-Glaive Toss (talent)

CS-cobra Shot

RF-Rapid Fire

TotH- Thrill of the Hunt (proc; talent)

LnL-Lock and Load (proc)

When playing SV, you are going to want as close to 100% uptime on SS and BA. as long as you have AoC, you should be able to get close to 100% on BA.

BA: Since BA can still snapshot, you do not want to override BA unless you have trinket procs or a potion rolling or something that will make it worth it. (I don't remember what a Normal, Flex or LFR version will bring the BA CD to, but with a heroic non-WF AoC I will have ~3 ticks left on BA when the CD is up) 

T16: if you have the T16 2pc and 4pc, this changes the dps rotation a bit. The highest dmg you will see is with max ES usage, so always prioritize that. W/out LnL procs rolling, (granted your taking TotH) dump AS as much as possible to lower the CD on RF (this allows you to keep from plummeting to far in DMG when you are getting bad LnL procs; and if you dont have TotH procs, go have a talk with RNJesus). Also to note, don't dump to much focus with AS, you want to make sure if BA is about to fall off, you will have enough to re-apply or use an ES if CD is coming up.

So to sum up the rotation:

1) as close to 100% up-time with BA and SS

2) ES

3) GT/Barrage on CD

4) AS with TotH (try not to drop below 20 focus if BA is about to fall off or ES is about to come off CD)

5)Cobra shot if below 30 focus

6) AS w/out TotH

Misc. note: use RF on CD. (on my 586 hunter (14/14H 10M) I will get between 35-50% uptime on RF dependent on my LnL procs; as more ES use = less As use, therefore my RF CD is not being lowered as much)

Misc. note: use RF on CD. (on my 586 hunter (14/14H 10M) I will get between 35-50% uptime on RF dependent on my LnL procs; as more ES use = less As use, therefore my RF CD is not being lowered as much)

I've been getting ~20-25% uptime as MM, so at first I was wondering how you were getting 50%.  Then I remembered that for SV you get 8 seconds off the cd.  Plus you have a better AoC than me.

Actually every spec gets 8 secs off cd, it is the hunter 2 piece set bonus.

Nope. Switch to BM or MM and check the tooltip. 8 sec off is SV only.

It proves from multishot, arcane shot, and aimed shot for MM, vs just arcane and multi shot for BM and SV. Personally, I rarely use arcane shot as MM, so it mainly procs from aimed and multi shot for me. If it was 8 sec off for MM, I'd almost have too much focus regen. I'm already sitting at ~5.2/sec base, double my uptime on rapid fire and rapid recup, I'd easily have an average of 10+ focus per second (guesstimation + mental math here).