Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Barbarian Level 70 Build (Hammer of the Ancients / Furious Charge / Fire)

7 posts in this topic

Nice new post, i loved it! Waiting for other classes... I have 5 level 68 chars (one of each class), but i rushed them to 68 and they equipment now suck... this barb build works best for dual wielding one handed weapons or 2 handed weapons? If i get 2 one handed weapons with fire damage each, theyll get added (left dand fire damage + right hand fire damage)  up do the skill bonuses? Tx in advance!

Your character damage output will likely be similar regardless of your weapon choice, however with a 2h weapon, you will have better hits on your furious charge, while with 1h weapons you will keep up Frenzy stacks easier and likely get higher character sheet damage.

Regarding fire damage, I don't understand your point. If you are talking about +xxxx - xxxx Fire damage (Weapon Damage), this doesn't effect any elemental damage and simply scales with your weapon and character sheet Damage. However, if you are talking about having 2x Devestator with 15-20% Fire Damage (Elemental Damage), those will definitely effect your damage output since entire build is Fire. (Same goes for Skill damage)

Weapons don't matter much as long as their stats are equivalent, however once you are over level 60, you will likely get much higher character sheet Damage when dual wielding because of an extra socket and 15% passive attack speed increase. 

THANK YOU for releasing D3 guides!!

I do have one question about this guide. Under the Build section, it shows Frenzy w/ Maniac as the left mouse button, but under the Explanations section, it cites using Cleave w/ Rupture and nowhere does it mention Frenzy again.  Could you please clarify which one is the intended choice for the build? Thanks smile.png

THANK YOU for releasing D3 guides!!

I do have one question about this guide. Under the Build section, it shows Frenzy w/ Maniac as the left mouse button, but under the Explanations section, it cites using Cleave w/ Rupture and nowhere does it mention Frenzy again.  Could you please clarify which one is the intended choice for the build? Thanks smile.png

Hey, Zel

Thanks for pointing it out, it will be fixed. Cleave will be better choice when fighting multiple enemies, while Frenzy will be superior on elite packs and in any single target encounter.

By the way i was talking about % fire skill damage didn't know there was only 2 weapons (devastator and the burning axe of sankis) capable of doing it... Hoping that could appear in any weapon (lol).

Still inside this build, since i'm rifting, cleave would be a better option than frenzy (AoE vs Single Target Damage)? And with cleave in mind should i go for 2h weapon or dual wielding (my equipment still sucks, so i could go for either one)?.   

Waiting for the other classes guides, you guys are doing an amazing job!!! Congrats!

By the way i was talking about % fire skill damage didn't know there was only 2 weapons (devastator and the burning axe of sankis) capable of doing it... Hoping that could appear in any weapon (lol).

Still inside this build, since i'm rifting, cleave would be a better option than frenzy (AoE vs Single Target Damage)? And with cleave in mind should i go for 2h weapon or dual wielding (my equipment still sucks, so i could go for either one)?.   

Waiting for the other classes guides, you guys are doing an amazing job!!! Congrats!

Personally, I always try to dual wield until I can drop my generators. In your case, you can easily go for cleave and if you find Devastator pattern, you can easily craft yourself 2 great weapons.

Should you find a good Maximus, you can use it instead of dual wielding.

Cleave is a great alternative to Frenzy, especially if you are running the rifts alone.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0