FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damian

Your thoughts on the new MoP release.

Hi Guys,

I was wondering what you guys thought of the new MoP release. Like many others, I eagerly awaited the release, waiting up until 23:00 hours (GMT) only to find the game unplayable due to lag. Did anyone else experience the frustration of sitting in the helicopter for 40 minutes without any flight or weapon controls visible? I really thought Blizzard might have gotten this release right after so many poor releases (lessons learnt and all that).

However, my main disappointment is with the Professions and Dungeons.

I have managed to level Tailoring, Enchanting and Inscription with ease, taking roughly 30 minutes for each profession. Levelling my Alt's professions used to be one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game. I feel like I have been robbed of hours of play time.

With regards to the new dungeons, I cannot believe how easy they have made them and how short they are. Has this been done with the younger players in mind? Also, they still don't seem to be working correctly on the Aerie Peak Server (EU). If someone leaves in the middle of it the replacement player often cannot join the instance. Also, the pug versions seem to take 32 minutes (exactly) to find a group and launch even when the server is packed. I'm wondering if Blizzard have done this on purpose due to capacity inadequacies.

To end on a positive note: I really like the new Pet Battles and think the MOP art work is really nice.

Anyway - that is my thoughts on the upgrade. I hope I didn't sound like the Trolls that are flaming Blizzard on the forums. I tried to remain constructive. Honest.

Damian

Thus far, only a short time into it and having only leveled 1 of 6 to level 90, I am not liking the fact that I feel like I am in molten front all over again. I recall after opening all thee vendors in molten front, I swore I would never do those dailies over and over and over again.

Now I have to do MOP dailies over and over and over again. I hope it gets better....

I really enjoyed the questing and leveling process from 85-90. The graphics look great and I really like the dungeons (though I wish the difficulty for heroics were increased).

That being said, I dislike the entire gearing process for MoP. I ran 6 Heroic Dungeons on my mage and now have geared past ever needing to run them again. Valor points require opening rep vendors, of which I totally hate. Justice points have no purpose really and I am forced to run LFR if I wish to be on par with my guildmates and to keep a raiding spot. There is no choice at all in how I get to play the game. If you aren't grinding rep's out you get left behind. My other issues are with the new requirements to run RBG's if you wish to compete in pvp. We didn't need more separation between elite pvp'er and casuals. I dislike that tanks now are on par with dps classes for damage (depending on fight of course) and that healers are now capable dps'ers. The general dumbing down of rotation and specs and the non challenge in leveling professions now, has been un-fun.

I was really excited for this xpac but this is the quickest I have ever had xpac burnout.

/sad

Yeah. My main problem now is finding meaningful stuff to do... First few weeks were overwhelming trying to keep up with the dailies and dungeons etc. Now I have 40 minutes of dailies and I'm left with nothing productive to do outside of Raids. Wish they'd made a reason to do challenge dungeons, cosmetic gear seems a bit weird as a reward.

And I can't be bothered leveling my alts to 90. I've got alts' professions maxed, but the thought of leveling in Mists doesn't excite me. And hell no am I running dailies/rep with an alt!

Certainly a lot of 'casual' content I guess. Pet battles and more achievements than you can shake a stick at. But nothing substantial imo.

MoP launch was both seamless and lag-less for me (pulled all-nighter for it).

I absolutely loved both Jade Forest, and Valley of the Four Winds, mainly because of the voice work done for the zones which gave questing more life instead of the usual go to point b from a and collect/kill x amounts of y.

My favorite npcs of this expansion are both Lorewalker Cho and Chen Stormsout, because once again, all the voice work that went into those two characters.

(Also recently found out that Chen was the one from the opening cinematic.)

When i first got to Kun-Lai and then Townland Steppes, they started to feel more blandish like how all the older expansions were again, It felt as if they started getting lazy and rushed development after the first 3 zones.

I am an achievement hunter so having all these new achievements is nice, although i completely despise the archeology achievements. . .

(collect 5 of every artifact. . . . . . .)

I like how the rares have a short re-spawn rate (compared to older expansions)

Last but not least, the dailies. . . oh yes the dailies, something to do everyday with everyone having their own opinion. While i like the fact that it's not being spoon-fed to us through tabards, the amount of quests we gotta do per day with quests giving around 110 rep per day (guild talent included), and most of the rep factions taking a month to exalt, really becomes taxing. It already takes me around 2-3 hours solo to complete every daily for all the factions on a given day. . . Thank goodness i already exalted cloud serpents and tillers with Golden Lotus and Anglers being done in 2 more days.

Edited by Sneakyferret