FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

6.1 Affliction Guide

First question... I was doing Twins tonight and my Haunting Spirits uptime was only 68%... Now this sounds really bad. I had 20 Nightfall procs (if they are being counted right) and started with 4 so this makes 24. I had 11 Haunting Spirits using 2 each so that makes 22. So in theory I am only wasting 2? Why is the Soul shard graph like so wacky? It has numbers like 173, 248 etc. 

So yes I am back to Affliction for a bit so does anyone have any advice for Tectus (heroic) please? Yes, I am aware that Demo should be the stronger spec here but going to see how it goes and my guild will only get 4 motes at once. So I was thinking GoServ and I guess Imp?

KJC for barrage and then I can reapply UA/Haunt.

What about the level 100 talents? I think Cata but how does SB: Haunt measure up when you are dotting more than say just the twins? I read somewhere that dotting more than 3 actually becomes a dps loss? I can't remember where it said that so not sure how credible the source is or should I DoT all with everything? 

Thanks for any assistance. 

hey, new guy here, i am a new lock, playing Affli/Destro avg 646ilvl..

My question is this, for an avg PvE raid, is this set of talents ok?

Soul Leech

Mortal Coil

Soul Link

Burning Rush

Grimoire of Supremacy

Archimonde's Darkness

Demonic Servitude

Thanks.. if needed I can provide logs, but not right now cause i m at work.

Edited by LuizHenriquePegoraro

Soul Leech

Mortal Coil

Soul Link

Burning Rush

Grimoire of Supremacy

Archimonde's Darkness

Demonic Servitude

Leech is totally crap for Aff, good for Destro/Demo

Mortal Coil has to apply the horrify effect to return life to you, so it's basically totally useless in raid.

Soul Link is a LOT weaker then SacShield. 1 min  CD to prevent a LOT of damage is to good to pass up.

GoSup is fine. GoServ is better with DS.

AD is fine.

DS is fine.

• Like 1

Leech is totally crap for Aff, good for Destro/Demo

Mortal Coil has to apply the horrify effect to return life to you, so it's basically totally useless in raid.

Soul Link is a LOT weaker then SacShield. 1 min  CD to prevent a LOT of damage is to good to pass up.

GoSup is fine. GoServ is better with DS.

AD is fine.

DS is fine.

Should I trade Leech for Harvest Life, for the fights of dmg to "ease" up the life of healers in raid? 

I keep Mortal Coil at bay, since I dont get too many interrupts out, I think its nice to have if needed.

Will trade Link for SacShield first thing at login today, lol. 

I didnt see any win for GoServ, in bosses the usage is more to gain an interrupt or remove an harmful effect?

(Do it remove any harmful from bosses "trap from Imperator" or the exploding dmg from adds along Highmaul" ?)..

I am searching for forum discussion on that right now.. I dont understand "Seduce the target" and probably would be kicked if I taunt the boss lol thats why I didnt go for GoServ, am I wrong?

I am doing most of fights as Affli, only Destro in Bracken and Ko'ragh. I think for my playstyle its quite good.. 

Most of my talents are the same, through the specs, I am pretty new to lock..

Should I trade Leech for Harvest Life, for the fights of dmg to "ease" up the life of healers in raid? 

I keep Mortal Coil at bay, since I dont get too many interrupts out, I think its nice to have if needed.

Will trade Link for SacShield first thing at login today, lol. 

I didnt see any win for GoServ, in bosses the usage is more to gain an interrupt or remove an harmful effect?

(Do it remove any harmful from bosses "trap from Imperator" or the exploding dmg from adds along Highmaul" ?)..

I am searching for forum discussion on that right now.. I dont understand "Seduce the target" and probably would be kicked if I taunt the boss lol thats why I didnt go for GoServ, am I wrong?

I am doing most of fights as Affli, only Destro in Bracken and Ko'ragh. I think for my playstyle its quite good.. 

Most of my talents are the same, through the specs, I am pretty new to lock..

Don't take Harvest life. DPS loss is not acceptable. 

Dark regeneration + Glyphed healthstone is by far the best choice for Aff in this tier.

Mortal coil is absolutely useless right now. You have an interrupt as your pet ability from DemServ. Use Observer if you don't take SB haunt/Cata and still need an interrupt. Melee DD and tanks should have plenty of those, and it's usually their problem.

Shadowfury stun is my favorite spell in whole game, and there are only one fight I can't find use for it - Butcher. Stick to it and you won't regret.

GoServ just adds a DPS cooldown if you use DemServ, double Terrorguards - double fun. Yes, you can summon TG with GoServ if you take DemServ.

Imp does not dispel any effects like traps on Imp, only something with Magic descriptor (Slow from mages on imp or fire on koragh for example).

Do not worry about "seduce" or something. Boss is just immune to those.

Edited by Paracel

Don't take Harvest life. DPS loss is not acceptable

Die it's not acceptable, it's not about dps, even if the talent it's not optimal like that case, the main goal on a raid it's survive to kill the boss.

Has it always been this way?  I'm feeling pretty dumb right now.

Die it's not acceptable, it's not about dps, even if the talent it's not optimal like that case, the main goal on a raid it's survive to kill the boss.

I've faced the same dilemma, coz dead don't DPS.

Address healers and don't stand in stuff. Generally, you shouldn't die.

C'mon, Dark Regeneration is awesome!biggrin.png 

Has it always been this way?  I'm feeling pretty dumb right now.

Tooltip is broken. 

At least in Russian Client, says nothing about the nessecity of horrify.

Sorry.

First question... I was doing Twins tonight and my Haunting Spirits uptime was only 68%... Now this sounds really bad. I had 20 Nightfall procs (if they are being counted right) and started with 4 so this makes 24. I had 11 Haunting Spirits using 2 each so that makes 22. So in theory I am only wasting 2? Why is the Soul shard graph like so wacky? It has numbers like 173, 248 etc. 

So yes I am back to Affliction for a bit so does anyone have any advice for Tectus (heroic) please? Yes, I am aware that Demo should be the stronger spec here but going to see how it goes and my guild will only get 4 motes at once. So I was thinking GoServ and I guess Imp?

KJC for barrage and then I can reapply UA/Haunt.

What about the level 100 talents? I think Cata but how does SB: Haunt measure up when you are dotting more than say just the twins? I read somewhere that dotting more than 3 actually becomes a dps loss? I can't remember where it said that so not sure how credible the source is or should I DoT all with everything? 

Thanks for any assistance. 

I've started loving Cata in Aff, though you don't want to AoE in Aff if it comes to it. Hold your Terrorguard cooldown and drop infernal+cata for 4 motes.

Don't go GoServ. It will clutter your gameplay by a wide margin. Tectus is very chaotic with all those multidot juggles and smoke runs, IMO.

Dunno how to address your Twins issue. 

Basically, don't think about logs too much while your DPS is fine and boss is dying.

Game is hard.

Not standing in fire is doubly so.

Soul Leech isn't as bad for Affliction as it used to be.  It provides a healthy amount of constant HPS through shields.  Mortal Coil does not heal you unless it applies the Horrify effect.  It didn't always work like this and I'm sad it's not a 15% heal every 45 seconds.

GoServ just adds a DPS cooldown if you use DemServ, double Terrorguards - double fun. Yes, you can summon TG with GoServ if you take DemServ.

Ok that just blew my mind, I was asking myself if Terrorguard would be double in DemServ and GoServ... but I thought, THAT IS A CRAZY IDEA....

ok, double the terror double the fun, 

Thanks guys, i will raid tuesday and upload logs to complete my post, I dont like posting with old logs, After last raid i got two new itens that would enhance my dps, by as mrRobot, 10% so, that is a good thing! =), 

Ps: Sorry for no logs in this question, I asked mostly talents, but as a methodic person I dont like posting questions without logs.. 

I am too an Software Engineer... I love LOGS!

Ok that just blew my mind, I was asking myself if Terrorguard would be double in DemServ and GoServ... but I thought, THAT IS A CRAZY IDEA....

ok, double the terror double the fun, 

Thanks guys, i will raid tuesday and upload logs to complete my post, I dont like posting with old logs, After last raid i got two new itens that would enhance my dps, by as mrRobot, 10% so, that is a good thing! =), 

Ps: Sorry for no logs in this question, I asked mostly talents, but as a methodic person I dont like posting questions without logs.. 

I am too an Software Engineer... I love LOGS!

Just be a nice guy and post them in "Help my DPS" thread, not here. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Don't forget the enchants!)wink.png 

P.P.S. I don't trust Mr.Robot. He is working for Skynet, I swear!

Hypothetically speaking... if you're aff only, does the warsong enchant provide more dps single target than bleeding hollow?

Free ticks from Drain Soul, buffed by mastery, worth more, IMO.

Isn't haste the best stat for Affliction? Are you saying we should not enchant Warsong?

Sorry if I misunderstood.

Isn't haste the best stat for Affliction? Are you saying we should not enchant Warsong?

Sorry if I misunderstood.

I think you did misunderstand.

Mark of Warsong is the haste buff. The question he was answering was Warsong Vs. Bleeding Hallow.

Free ticks = from more haste = Warsong.

I think you did misunderstand.

Mark of Warsong is the haste buff. The question he was answering was Warsong Vs. Bleeding Hallow.

Free ticks = from more haste = Warsong.

I apologize for that chain of misunderstanding caused by my reply.

Talking about free ticks, I was implying the base amount(unbuffed by a significant haste count). Bleeding Hollow enchant was my answer.

However, I did not made it clear, sorry.

Thinking over this topic twice, I'm coming to a conclusion that Warsong is better for Aff(essentially because of the Haste value).

BUT it is not so good for 2 other specs, unlike from Bleeding Hollow. DPS difference for Aff isn't that great but noticeable for Destro.

Your offspec of choice should be always at hand, that's probably the main reason you want Bleeding Hollow, not Warsong.

Any thoughts on how Stone of Fire (the 6.1 alchemist's trinket, with versatility instead of mastery now) will stack up against the remainder of trinkets in affliction?

Edited by TiagoMiguel

Any thoughts on how Stone of Fire (the 6.1 alchemist's trinket, with versatility instead of mastery now) will stack up against the remainder of trinkets in affliction?

Vers is a very bad stat, especially for the haste-craving Aff.

BRF trinkets are nice being 10 seconds proc(same as haunt duration).

SoN and QR are still around and being decent.

Hey guys, 

I dont know how to modify SimC to account for changes in playstyle etc, but has there been any work done on AD with Glyph of Darksoul when you have the 4PC bonus, especially considering the abundance of 10s proc trinkets from BRF? Im thinking it wouldn't be half bad or is nightfall still spaced out too far/too RNG to make it worth using glyphed DS and trying to get it up with 1-2 trinkets proc per minute? 

SB:Haunt vs DServ. What are the factors in decided which to use? I plan on going Affliction for my ST fights and am trying to decide when to make the switch to SB:Haunt.

Current factors:

I have no tier gear

Guild takes about 5 mins to kill Normal Gruul

We are going to try heroic this week and want to make sure I am packing my best guns for the fight.

SB:Haunt vs DServ. What are the factors in decided which to use? I plan on going Affliction for my ST fights and am trying to decide when to make the switch to SB:Haunt.

Current factors:

I have no tier gear

Guild takes about 5 mins to kill Normal Gruul

We are going to try heroic this week and want to make sure I am packing my best guns for the fight.

I believe gahhda mentioned in the battle.net warlock forums that you'll want SB:H with 4pc, DemServ without, and DemServ for heavy movement. Edited by HeadBeeGuy

I wish they would fix this shit with nightfall procs on multistrikes.  It makes not want to keep 3 shards banked for SB:H, but I know if I DON'T do that then I'll have shitty uptime on haunting spirits.  So I either keep 3 banked and live with shards being wasted on multistrike procs, or bank 2 and have crappy uptime on the most important part of the spec.

Yeah I don't really like the RNG part either. So if I go DemServ for ST I am guessing that GoServ lined up with DS would be best? 

Edited by spikeysquad

Yeah I don't really like the RNG part either. So if I go DemServ for ST I am guessing that GoServ lined up with DS would be best? 

If you can manage to make good 20s Haunt on top of it, GoServ + Ds would be the best.

Bad generation because of chaotic fight/low haste - I think GoSup will prevail.