FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vladamyr

Fire Mage

The only reason to use Glyph of Fire Blast is so that every time you cast a Frost Bomb you can Nova>Inferno Blast for a major hit. This is a valid tactic but I personally like Armors, Spell Steal and Deep Freeze for BG's. I like Nether Tempest if I don't have a healer and Frost Bomb if I have a healer.

I would never recommend Living Bomb for pvp due to the fact that if you get locked out of your fire school for a time you still have cast options with the other two bombs.

• Like 1

Yea I understand now. That does make a lot of sense. I might have to change my play style a little. Change my living bomb to Frost bomb. I was also considering changing to using frost fire bolt instead of fireball for the extra slowing. Have you tried that? I would have to change the Combustion glyph into frostfire glyph.

This is interesting to consider for pvp. I know the guides are pve-related so it is good to have a few good opinions on how to be more effective in pvp, thank you. Since I do not care to use arcane of frost specs I can maintain a pvp fire spec.

I am primarily a BG player, so all my opinions are based on that. So, having said that, here is how I play fire:

Yea I understand now. That does make a lot of sense. I might have to change my play style a little. Change my living bomb to Frost bomb. I was also considering changing to using frost fire bolt instead of fireball for the extra slowing. Have you tried that? I would have to change the Combustion glyph into frostfire glyph.

To be honest, I never cast fireball in pvp (there is too much of a chance to be interrupted). My style is to scorch away till I get a Pyroblast proc. Cast Frostbomb, then at that point i'm looking to cast Frost Nova on my kill target or Frostjaw (If the situation requires it) > Pop All Trinkets and potions > Alter Time > Deep Freeze => Pyroblast (with the Deep Freeze Glyph this can be macro'd together) > Inferno Blast > Pyroblast > Alter Time > Pyroblast > Combustion > Inferno Blast then be ready with a silence or Dragons Breath to make sure they die and two of their nearby friends.

I stay moving the whole time while scorching and spellstealing. Keep your Ice Barrier up and I prefer Greater Invisibility (since it's on use).