FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Using AA

As everyone starts working their way into dungeons I am curious to know if you are using AA more as the 25% Increased healing at max stacks or using it for the InnerFocus replacement.

Thanks for the feeback!  Look forward to hearing what the majority is finding works best for them.

I'll start it off.  I am using it way more for the IF than holding it til max stacks so far.

I have been using it as a CD and not just for the IF.

Its not always so easy to stack up quickly because in the time you take to smite and build it fast the group can take enough damage that its unrecoverable from a 100% HP perspective.

Holy Fire on CD then AA on bosses/ known big trash pulls.

We are all on the same page!  I messaged some of the big twitter Priests and we are all in agreement that the IF proc is definitely being used as a CD more than than stacking it to 5 for the max extra healing.  Im most cases even undergearing Heroics the extra 5-15% you can by the extra Atonement is not worth the work that is avoided by just proccing IF and stopping the bleeding at your will instead of waiting for the max stacks to be ready.

Yes, I should have referenced the source.  Someone brought it up in PM, ty for the heads up.  The ones that responded were @ZosynPriest, @SacerH2P, @NaerThePriest.

I've been doing disc in heroics because... it's the only way to get geared lol.  And same as you guys, most of the time when I see I need a PoH, i holy fire something, and use it at 1 stack for the Inner Focus simulacrum. 

That being said, when the incoming damage is really, really low I do smite and HF to try to build up the stacks.  25% extra healing has it's uses ^.^ but building it up when party damage is high is simply not feasible. 

I try to get a decent CoW built up and then a pw:s and this usually gives me enought time to build up 5 stacks before the bubbles drop.

Really depends on the fight.

I was not using it this way on Beta and didn't miss the bloat cut of IF.  Well I felt it the first dungeon I ran and starting using AA early and was guilt ridden, lol.  Seeing the masses move that way and break that MoP mindset of ... stack 5 cast, stack 5 cast makes me appreciate that the Devs left it, even if its built into another ability.  Miss you IF!