FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vortex

What Im doing wrong on Affliction?

Well I feel Im pro on Demonology, ranking 18º yesterday on Spirit Kings 25. But but but I kinda feel so noob on Afflction :< , really I need some help.

http://www.worldoflo...a93o96xeynvm73/

This are the logs from yesterday, if you dont mind can you guys take a look.

Can u check some flaws I did? Most important for me it Feng since Gara´jal I died at the begin of the fight, wasn't my fault tho ^^. ( on spirit realm).

I'm aware that I did some mistakes on Feng such as:

1º I used Doomguard at the begin of the fight.

2º I forgot to Drain Soul at <20% I just start to use it at 15-16%.

Tbh I don't get it why my dps it's so low on Feng, top 8º on meters. I was refreshing my dots before they fade 1-2 sec, but on earthquake I was refreshing them before it. So I barely let the dots fade. My uptime was close to 100%. So I don't get it! 98-99% in all dots.

On Battle net you can check me, my name it's Vort. You can look into gear, enchants, gems, etc... I can't link it because I'm at my work and that site it's blocked.

Thanks on advance.

Edited by Vortex

Your logs look fine. I can't check your armory, but I don't feel there is a need to. Your DPS will only go up as your familiarness with the fight continues to grow. Considering there were 3 Affliction Warlocks in your raid and you did just a bit less than one and a bit more than the other, the difference between you and the better one may have been the timing of Drain Soul. Also, while it may be negligible, you had 5 Malefic Grasp misses. If you had all 3 DoTs running, considering haste values and other things aside, let's assume you missed the damage from all three DoTs (75% of their damage happens per tick of MG), then that could make up the difference.

You acknowledged the two minor, yet significant, "errors" that you did when doing the fight, so correcting those should increase your DPS contribution, although not as much as you might look forward to. I'd say you did a pretty good job.

Thanks mate, however those Malefic Grasps that I failed were originated by earthquake. I was a bit stressful since the fight was new and I'm aware that I rushed and the end of the fight with Drain Soul and SoulBurn: SoulSwap. But I have the feeling that something it's missing, my reforge perhaps.

I'm similar to you and cannot look up your armory from work. I'm working on a gem guide right now that explains why you should gem certain ways. I know the pain of having MG miss during Epicenter. I typically find a way to do something useful here like drop a Soulwell, Unending Resolve, sacrificed Voidwalker Last Stand ability, etc.

I found someone's haste spreadsheet you might be interested in. I BELIEVE it's posted on Elitist Jerks' page and shows the first Haste threshold at something like 3080 rating (may not be accurate, coming from loose memory) so all haste thresholds are easily obtained at the moment meaning you can shove all unnecessary hit and crit into mastery. I think at my 468 ilvl I'm sitting around 10% haste, 54% mastery, and 9% crit. I should be posting Feng logs soon so we can compare values!

You can check here http://www.askmrrobo...ravenholdt/vort I have around 10% haste, 60% mastery and 14% crit rating. However I'm not sure if this it's the best way to reforge. But it's seems an pretty solid site.

I don't agree with the gems that they recommend here, I would go for 160 intellect, mostly of the times. If I go all the way down with intellect I can switch between Affliction and Demonology without so much problems, apart from reforge. Because the gems they recomment I rather go with addon "Reforge Lite", and go with 160 intellect and only use the other gems if they give intellect bonus.

3080 haste rating it's around how much %?

The rest I feel im ok with Affliction but that small errors will kill my dps. So i need to adjust everthing perfectly. That's why I feel I'm doing something wrong.

Edit: The armory isn't correctly updated the gem from my shoulder it's not 320 expertise but 160 intellect. That gives me something like 15,03%. And not those 16%. That it's not necessary.

Edited by Vortex

Take a look at the gem guide I just posted. Pure Int is NOT the way to go anymore.

I stood like o.O. Appreciate your effort though. Today I will try gem on that way and see If I got some results. Since haste and mastery values are close eachother I guess that having affliction reforge with mastery gems, and whenever I want switch to demonology will not hurt me so much.

Well I did that yesterday on Spirit Kings I played with Affliction Reforge and the results were good.

Check this complete joke: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-khcx1rn6vegehxwu/?s=4942&e=5229

Not with Ask Mr.Robot, not even with Reforge Lite. I'm desperate, I lost my warlock skills. I was almost sure that I had all sorted and when we start raid that what happened.

No point go demo for Elegon so why I'm doing such bad performance with Affliction?... Atm I hate myself