FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shockakhan

634 ilvl.. wtf?!

So, I am at 634 ilvl, and unless I am aoe'ing, I am not exceeding anyone elses DPS. Also, I am not changing my rotation and I seem to be having inconsistent dps numbers in similar (or same) boss fights. Is this an elemental shaman problem, or am I doing it wrong? I am following the guide to a "T".

From what I've heard (and this is only hearsay), Elemental are having a bit of a problem with DPS at the moment in comparison to most other classes. I'm not entirely sure why, or if there's a fix in the pipeline.

At this point in the game, we do seem to be lagging significantly behind with most other classes. Equal gear with guildmates, I am doing about 3 to 4k less damage than them even when things line up well like plenty of LB's and frequent Fulmination use. Still only hovers me around 10.1-11k, whereas my guildmates can sit and fluctuate from 13.8-14.1k on average. 

This is certainly an issue. The Devs have mentioned they'll be playing with our spec though. The WoW Shaman forums are drowning with complaining (about 10% justified, the other 90% just Blizzard shaming...) about our poor DPS, so I think the Devs will take a look. 

For now, all I can really say is that we have to deal with it and just hope that the Dev's change is something positive rather than cosmetic. I really don't suggest you abandon ship, like so many others are suggesting. 

Edited by LittleDansonGuy

When i hit 610 yesterday i was roughly doing below 8k dps in heroics.  Now that i am 617 i am only pulling about 9.4k dps.  7 ilvls and i am only seeing a 1.4k dps increase where everyone in heroics is pulling up to 5k more than me with similar ilvl.  I have been dropped from 3 randoms because my dps is so low.  i have decided to abandon my shaman till blizz fixes this.  i'll play my ret pally that has a worse gear score but does almost the same lvl of dps.

I don't realy get everyones problem with ele shamans, im at 635 ilvl and i pull 15-20k dps on singletarget(boss) and 20-30k aoe(trash), if i use cds on aoe i do 35-54k dps depending on the amount of mobs(trash). 

Edited by Drexto

There I have one question... when u say "35-54k dps" do u mean one hit/crit or really dps through a whole boss fight?

I have seen NO class in hc dungeons which can deal 35k+ dps in a boss fight... not in Beta and no not now in live game!

I can confirm Drexto's numbers. At 632 iLvl I'm doing about 17k average 15-20k range single target and 20-35k dps aoe with cooldowns buffing me up to around the same 35-50k dps in packs of 5 or more.   One of the things I've noticed using simcraft is that we need a minimum amount of haste, going strictly for multistrike early on will give you a dps loss.  I've prioritized haste to 20% and I plan to aim for around 30-35% overall. Just to give you guys an idea though, Prioritizing haste/mastery over crit/multistrike I went through askmrrobot and 'geared' my shaman out with 640 ilvl gear (no gem slots, best non-enchanter enchants), ignoring the mainhand(there was an error) and the rings.

That simmed out to 18396DPS patchwerk single target, with crit mastery priority I chose the BiS 640 gear listed, head through feet, and that simmed out to 18421DPS PST.  SimCraft has been pretty reliable in simming my DPS and saves me tons of gold when trying out new builds.  The beauty of Haste mastery priority is there will still be crit and multistrike in there regardless, however with the better haste I get more casts off and it doesn't take as long for my dps to level off.  In those high movement fights it's a DPS saver.

The DPS talents I chose were Ancestral Swiftness, Elemental Fusion and Unleashed Fury.  Having gone through multiple different sims before I can tell you UF and EF are the best for single target dps gains, and my AoE damage still maintains the 20-35k range.  This range varies widely as most of you probably know due to number of enemies and enemy up time.  Also Mark of the Shattered hand is simming higher than any other enchant with my current gear.  And to drive home the point after going through and simming out(695 gear) Haste/Mastery priority vs BiS I got 33947DPS PST and 34659 DPS PST respectively.  With 6 target Patchwerk AoE I got 106929 DPS for Haste/mastery and 107944 DPS for BiS 695 ilvl(AS, EF, and UF still selected).  The gear available means you'll be getting a decent amount of all of the stats regardless, but I figured this information might help you depending on your play-style.  

Edited by Brasheer
  • Like 2

@Brasheer.  I totally agree with you.  I've been doing around 13-15k singletarg dps, and i feel my weak point is my haste.  Im currently at 33% multistrike.  Even with the recent buff to ele, i still feel my cast times are effecting my total output.  As ele shamans we have to use a lot of globals to keep our damage pouring, ie: flame shock, searing totem, unleash fury, then cast our spells.  its a lot of time.  So, with a focus on haste-mastery-multistirke-crit, I dont see any reason why ele shamans couldnt be top, or near the top of overall damage.   Feel free to armory my shaman jameswoods@azgalor. Guild, Delusional on Destromath.

• Like 1