FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vile

Demonology viable without Demonbolt?

I've read that Demonbolt takes the cake out of the three level 100 talents offered to Demo locks but when i played it as a fresh L100 it felt really ...clunky?

I play Destro/Affli right now with the intent of running Affli in raids but keeping Destro for CMs due to Afflis very weak AOE and low HP mob burst. The thing is I'm really tired of playing Destro and would like to swith it out for Demo in CMs (maybe even for raids?) if it weren't for the clunkiness of the Demonbolt playstyle.

So has anyone tried out running Demo with DemServ or Cataclysm? What are your thoughts? How does it fare in 2-3-4 min fights? Multitarget and singletarget? CM trash?

Demonbolt feels great with Glyph of Dark Soul. It allows for a 10 second burn phase, and a 50 second build phase on demonic fury that falls in line really well. Cataclsym can work well in AoE situations, because if you use it while in Meta, it applies Doom to all targets.

In CMs if you are going for time and not just the daily you should be running cata. Your dps isn't terrible on boss fights with it but for you make up for the mediocre dps on boss fights with amazing dps on trash, and lets be honest killing trash effectively is about 80% of what CMs are about. 

As far as raids go you should be using demonbolt on most single target fights. Cata is really strong if you know you can consistently hit multiple targets with it, but I don't see it coming into play until some fights in Blackrock Foundry.

Servitude along with Supremacy is decent for single target, but will only potentially pull ahead of demonbolt in heavy movement fights. The better you are with managing your teleport/gateway/demon leap though, the less likely it is that servitude will be better. I can only think of one fight this tier where servitude might pull ahead, and that again isn't until Blackrock Foundry. 

If you aren't in a cutting edge raid guild though you can definitely take servitude as it is only about a 1k dps decrease in pre raid gear, and that is if both are played perfectly. The less skilled you are as a player, the more useful servitude becomes since it is passive damage that can't be reduced from rotation errors or excessive movement.