Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Struggling as dps on single target pve (fury or arms)?

12 posts in this topic

Hello guys
I am new here and I wanted to ask what is the best spec for pve dps for warrior. I am strugling to do dmg on sigle target in heroics and cm dungeons as fury warr with 636 ilvl, when multiple mobs like 3+ Im doing great, I go with ravager and bladestorm and within seconds I go to the top on the dmg metter, but after that while these 2 are on cd I feel so useless, I am trying to do some aoe with whritwind, raging blow and dragon roar but its not going well, but that is not the real problem at all, it gets even worse when boss fight is coming, when I need to attack a signle target for a longer time, then Im not even in the top 3 dpsers on the current dmg metter. Once in cm, my dmg sucked so bad because mobs are killed 1 by 1, you know cc and stuff. I even think that I will do more dmg on sigle target as tank (most of the time as tank I am first at dps) isnt that weird to be first at dps as tank but not in the top 3 as dps in the same instance multiple times? same ilvl btw. I have read all the talents, rotations, glyphs and addons here on icy veins and Ive managed to improve my tanking skills but still nothing with the dps smile.png I am considering changing to arms spec, but I am afraid I will have the same problem. Am I doing something wrong or should try change to arms? Sorry for my bad english, its like my third language smile.png

Mortall - lvl 100 Warrior on Kazzak

Edited by Alex

Right now Fury is at the bottom of all warrior DPS specs. It's unfortunate but true. Gladiator stance is at the top followed by Arms, SMF, and then TG bottoming out the list.

I didn't delve too deep into your rotation practices from what you've posted but I figured, in the least, I'd inform you of where you stand among the other specs.

I would definitely consider Gladiator Stance considering you're already used to the spec as a whole. While I prefer my Arms Spec, if the numbers stay as they are I will end up going Glad Stance in Mythic progression for single target fights. It's just the nature of the beast right now.

Best of luck.

First of all you should play SMF. At actual encounters i do between 13k to 20k dps its depends on enemy mobility. Fury is not bad but as Sajakain said Glad is a liitle better, but i can't see that much improvement becouse in fury gear im doing like 21k - 22k on single target witch is 10% better than fury but i guess with tank gear(bonus armory) it will be much more improvement. And btw if you have low dps on single target its becouse you chose wrong talents. For single target you shall change:

Dragon Roar -> Storm Bold

Bladestorm -> Bloodbath

GL in testing.

The difference between Storm Bolt and Dragon Roar is laughable. It's not what's going to make or break your damage. Want it or not, Warriors are not in a good spot right now. In the current tier, Fury (both SMF and TG) is at the very bottom of ALL DPS specs on single target.

It's sad to say, but you're probably better off with Gladiator and/or Arms (If you can stand the joke Blizzard calls a "rotation" for it) depending on the situation, though either way, none of the warrior specs are doing great on single target right now.

I don't want to sound too pessimistic, even though I know I do, since (hopefully) balance changes will come out soon with raids starting tonight, and either way great players will always do good no matter what spec they play.

Had my first raid yesterday and my single target DPS is just very very very very bad. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong either (arms). I use Colossus Smash whenever I can, spam Mortal strike and Execute when it procs and just use all my cooldowns all the time. One thing I wasn't doing was pre-potting, does this really make such a big difference? To give you an example, on Kargath or Butcher I was doing 12k-14k DPS which was way below par.

Hi guys,

what do you think about the DPS of the Prot warriors, during single target events, such as The Butcher?

We killed him yesterday and my DPS was very low, around 9k. The other tank, a Death Knight with roughly the same level of gear (around 635), was much higher, something like 12 or 13k.

Here is the log of the kill (my toon is Grakzul and the other tank is Slogor)

I know I could do slightly better :

- I used the wrong talents (kept Bladestorm instead of Bloodbath), 

- I was playing safely, not throwing too much Heroic Strikes so that I could spare my Rage and cast SB on cooldown.

So maybe it can explain this lack of DPS, but I don't think that throwing more HS and using Storm Bolt or BloodBath would have brought me beyond 10K!

I definitely feel that something is wrong because I had to struggle to keep the agro during the tanking phase.

Any ideas?

Hey, I'll take a look through your logs when I get back from class. I'm heading out soon.

I haven't used World of Logs in probably close to a year, so this will be a bit rough. I would actualy highly recommend switching to warcraft logs for your combat logging needs. It provides quite a bit more information.

I don't have much of a baseline idea of typical play as of yet, so I'm going to use my own logs from the other night as a comparison. Here's the link to mine:

Looking at DPS, you did 8k to the 15k I did on the same fight. Your fight lasted 4:05 and mine lasted 3:16.

Looking at the "Buffs Cast" tab, I'm not seeing Unyielding Strikes or Sudden Death, were you using Heavy Repercussions? If so, I recommend switching that out for one of the other two talents. I see you have a 29.3% uptime on Shield Block, which isn't helping. I'd recommend pulling that up. You can get around a 50% uptime on Shield Block and you'll definitely want it on a fight like Butcher since you're always taking blockable damage - even when you're not actively tanking. For comparison, my uptime is listed as 48.81%. Due to the weakness of Shield Barrier, you'll always want to prioritize your block over your barrier as long as you are taking blockable damage. Looking at the "Healing By Spell" tab, I'm seeing only 1 Shield Barrier. You could stand to have a few more of those.

Going to your "Damage by Spell" tab, I see that you have 40 Shield Slams compared to my 33 Shield Slams. This difference can be accounted for by the time difference between our fights. You had enough time for 8 more Shield Slams (roughly) than I had, so we're right in line with our Shield Slam uses.

Looking at the next line, I'm seeing you had 51 Devastates where I had 57 in significantly less time. You had 24 Revenge uses to my 23. I may have had better procs, but I suspect you missed out on some opportunities to use Revenge. With you fight length, you had about 33 more GCDs than I did, but it seems like you let a significant number of them go. In total, I had 33 Shield Slams, 57 Devastates, 12 Executes, 4 Dragon Roars, 23 Revenges, and 6 Heroic Throws (one to pull and the rest during the knockback), which total up to 123 GCDs used out of a possible 130. You had 40 Shield Slams, 51 Devastates, 24 Revenges, 1 Impending Victory, 1 Execute, and 1 Bladestorm (4 GCDs), for a total of 121 GCDs out of a possible 163.

Looking at your Heroic Strikes, you had 13 uses with 3 Ultimatum procs. I had 12 uses, with 5 Ultimatum procs. The proc difference is partially luck, so it's really only for calculating rage waste.

Speaking of rage waste, it's time to calculate that. Warcraftlogs does that automatically, so you can see in the "Resources" tab that I had no rage wasted on this fight. To get yours, I will have to calculate it by looking at how much rage you spent on Execute, Heroic Strike, Impending Victory, Shield Block, and Shield Barrier. In order, you used 30+300+10+600+60=1000 rage total used. From world of logs, I can see that you generated 840 rage from Shield Slam, 420 from Revenge, 280 from Enrage procs, and 35 from Charge, for a total of 1575. Thus, you wasted 575 points of rage over the course of the fight. In other words, 36.5% of your total rage was not used for either defense or damage.

Your poor damage output stems from three places: talent choices, rage waste, and lack of use of GCDs.

Thankfully, these are all pretty easy to fix. You know that you forgot to switch out Bladestorm, so that's no big deal. Make sure you're using Dragon Roar for single target and switch out Heavy Repercussions for Unyielding Strikes or Sudden Death. (However, if you get to the point where you're getting hit too hard to spend a small amount of rage on US or spare the GCD for SD, Heavy Repercussions would be a good choice. It's just less damage than your other options.)

For your GCDs, make sure you Charge back in after he knocks you back and make sure that if you can't use Revenge, Shield Slam, a procced Execute from Sudden Death, or Dragon Roar, that you're using Devastate on every GCD.

For your rage use, make sure you never cap your rage. Making sure you use every point of rage you have is the cornerstone of warrior tanking. Keep your Shield Block up as much as possible, but try to time it so that you have it up for Tenderizer. Don't hold onto the charge for more than a couple of GCDs, though. If you are about to cap your rage, use Heroic Strike! It's perfectly legitimate to use Heroic Strike to prevent yourself from capping your rage as long as you have Shield Block on CD and you either have a Shield Barrier up or the damage you are taking is manageable without it.

All in all, a few changes to the way you're doing things will give you a huge boost. Let me know if you'd like any further help, I'm always happy to.

1 person likes this

thank you so much for your help.

To begin with, I'll definitely give a try to Warcraft logs. I've been using WoL for, what, 7 years (since TBC actually) and I never tried other tools, mostly because of my lazyness and because I feel comfortable with WoL, too. By the way, the Resources tab is awesome for the rage management. Is there a way to quickly have a look at the overall rage spent, too? Did not find.

I was indeed using Heavy Repercussion. I've started to play with Unyielding Strikes in Gladiator Stance, and I have to admit that this talent is extremely enjoyable. At first I did not want to use it because damage output was close to HR, but I feel it more fun to play. So I'll definitely switch to it in Defensive Stance.

My SB uptime is low, yes, I already noticed that yesterday. I know why: I did not set up my Power Auras addon correctly and played without it during the raid. It helps me a lot to track SB uptime. The same goes for Rage management. I think I can improve that very efficiently and quickly, just by setting up Power Auras again, so that's not a big deal.

Now about the GCD management. Thanks for pointing that out, because I had no idea of that when examining my logs. To be honest I am not surprised at the results, because during the offtank phase I felt that I did not get healed enough and I was asking for more heals on Mumble, which is certainly why I was distracted and let some GCD pass. The same goes for the knockbacks, I didn't use any Throws. For sure I can improve my damage output this way.

I see that you used more Devastate. I think I'm doing wrong with them, so I will try to use this ability more regularly. there is an issue in my rotation, because Devastate is to be used when SS / rev are off cooldown, and you pointed out that my revenge was not cast enough.Seems not logical, I have to think again about my rotation and read again the Icy veins guides!

I am a bit surprised seeing I wasted so much Rage. Again, I think it will be easier with a proper Power Aura showing me my Rage points. A better management of SB/SBar and more Heroic Strikes/Devastates should help me. As for SBar, I should have used it more frequently, considering the Butcher is dealing bleed damage.

Well, I think I need some more practice then. Thank you again for your analysis!

Edited by Grakzul
1 person likes this

Is there a way to quickly have a look at the overall rage spent, too? Did not find.

Yes, if you look at the Resources tab, you'll see three columns: Raw Gain, Wasted, and Gain. Raw Gain is what you actually generated, Wasted is how much of your Raw Gain you didn't use, and Gain is what you actually spent.

The damage output of US, HR, and SD are all pretty close, but US and SD tend to pull ahead a bit. US is especially nice in fights where you will be not actively taking damage, so you can use extra rage and dump it into US-buffed HS.

The case may be that I procced more Revenges than you did in that fight, leading to me having more (compared to the length of the fight). However, make sure you're using every Revenge that you can. Shield Slam is your highest priority, but Revenge is only slightly behind. Other than that, you should be using Devastate in every GCD that isn't used on something higher priority. Devastate is a filler, but that doesn't make it unimportant. It still can Enrage you and give you 10 rage.

Rage waste is definitely something that can creep up on you. I use protwarbar to track my current rage and I have the bar change colors at certain thresholds. Specifically, 30 rage (enough to Heroic Strike/Execute), 60 (enough for SBar/SBlk), 80 (risk of capping rage), and 90 (any rage gain will cause waste).

Again, a big thank you for those tips. I've tried to improve my rotation and I managed to improve my DPS as well as my protection in regards to SB uptime. Well, that's what I guess because we had no logs for this raid. But according to Skada I was beyond 10-11k when fighting against Ko'ragh, a boss with many movements. So this must be an improvement.

I'll check for ProtRageBar asap, I've tried to make a Power Aura aura for my Rage but couldn't find a way to.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sajakain
      First off, welcome! I am Sajakain and my main class has always been a warrior with the very first one being a Night Elf on the EU realms. I started toward the end of Vanilla and the start of Burning Crusade. Primarily I fancy the DPS side of the Warrior and it's what I feel I do best. From time to time I have dabbled in tanking but we'll leave that aspect to Estarriol.
           This guide is written by me, obviously. It really is a single collection of multiple sources that include, but are not limited to, Blizzard patch notes, other guides, forum discussions, in-game theorycrafting and testing, using SimulationCraft, reviewing logs. . . a whole slew of resources. Hopefully this guide will be able to present relevant information to you, separated by self-titled sections, in an easy-to-understand fashion. It is worth noting that, as you progress with your Warrior or conduct your own research you may find something in this guide that doesn't make sense or... may actually be wrong. That's completely acceptable by me and, with such questioning, I'd be glad to sit down with you and discuss your findings and questions over a mug of whatever the Brew of the Month is at the time while we figure out what's right.
           With all this being said, let's get to the guide! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed composing it.
           Before we get knee deep into things, I'd like to make you aware of some other resources at your disposal. It is only fitting that I provide these up front as these resources are what I use to improve my performance in game and, ultimately, compose this very guide. If you should have any questions about these resources, don't hesitate to ask!
      Icy Veins: Arms Warrior Guide SimulationCraft MMO Champion Warrior Forum Board  
        1. Which does more damage: Arms or Fury?        This discussion is pretty heated more often than not and, frankly, comes down to results compiled by SimulationCraft. As such, people generally take these results and use it to determine which spec they'll play.

I cannot give this question justice better than that of what Azortharion has said. In relation to the question of "Does anyone have a class/spec DPS comparison sim?" he said this:
            2. What kind of weapon should I use?        The bottom line is use the 2H weapon that has the most damage. This means the 2H weapon that has the highest item level. It does not make a difference as to whether or not it's a 2H Axe, Sword, or Mace or whether it is a Polearm. Under no circumstance should an Arms Warrior use a 1H weapon of any kind.  
      Draenei: Heroic Presence Dwarf: Might of the Mountain, Stoneform Gnome: Expansive Mind, Nimble Fingers Human: Every Man for Himself, The Human Spirit Night Elf: Quickness, Touch of Elune Worgen: Viciousness Horde:
      Blood Elf: Arcane Torrent, Arcane Acuity Goblin: Time is Money Orc: Blood Fury Tauren: Brawn, Endurance, War Stomp Troll: Berserking Undead: Touch of the Grave, Will of the Forsaken Neutral:
      Pandaren: Epicurean,
           The objective of Blizzard making these changes was to (hopefully) level the playing field between the races. As you can tell there are some that may seem more beneficial than others (such as the guaranteed bonus damage that comes from the Dwarf and Tauren Racials). The end result is simply to pick whichever race you really enjoy whether it be a dwarf of the Alliance or an orc of the Horde. It's really up to you!

Talents, in 7.0.3, have moved closer to Blizzard's goal of personal choice. Each choice you make can be beneficial in respective situations. Use your best judgement of your needs (or your raid's needs) and select the appropriate talent. Listed here are my observations of each tier.
           Speculation Note: It is advisable to run simulations as you obtain gear for talent choices. As always - select the talent that is most appropriate for the encounter you are facing and your raid team's needs. These choices are based off current simulations and a "Patchwerk" style fight. They can change very quickly with hotfixes and class changes implemented by Blizzard. Finally, it is very important to realize that my recommendations come with a Focused Rage oriented build. Again, other circumstances can make another talent more viable (such as constant AoE, dungeon runs vs raid progression, etc.)
      Tier 1 / Level 15:
      Dauntless: Your abilities cost 20% less Rage. Overpower: Overpowers the enemy, causing 375% Physical damage. Cannot be blocked, dodged or parried, and has a 60% increased chance to critically strike. All your melee attacks have a chance to activate Overpower. Sweeping Strikes: Mortal Strike and Execute hit a second nearby target.      After recent updated information, Dauntless is seems to be the go-to option here. Sweeping Strikes, if the adds are able to be stacked and you're dealing with 2 targets, specifically.
      Tier 2 / Level 30:
      Shockwave: Sends a wave of force in a frontal cone, causing [(125% of Attack Power) * 1.25] damage and stunning all enemies within 10 yards for 4 sec. Cooldown reduced by 20 sec if it strikes at least 3 targets. Storm Bolt: Hurls your weapon at an emey, causing 60% Physical damage and stunning for 4 sec. Deals quadruple damage to targets permanently immune to stuns. Double Time: You can use Charge twice in a row, but it can only grant Rage once every 12 sec. Each use has a 20 sec recharge time.      Double Time is the go-to here as Storm Bolt appears to no longer quadruple the damage done to permanently immune mobs. If a mob needs to be stunned then Storm Bolt may be viable while Shockwave is generally used for massive AoE control situations.
      Tier 3 / Level 45:
      Fervor of Battle: Whirlwind deals 30% increased damage to your primary target. Rend: Wounds the target, causing (540% of Attack power) Bleed damage over 15 sec. Avatar: Transform into a colossus for 20 sec, causing you to deal 20% increased damage and removing all roots and snares.      Avatar is the go-to choice here. Depending on AoE situations, Fervor of Battle can be useful if you're in such a situation to continuously spam AoE.

Tier 4 / Level 60:
      Second Wind: Restores 6% health every 1 sec when you have not taken damage for 5 sec. Bounding Stride: Reduces the cooldown on Heroic Leap by 15 sec, and Heroic Leap now also increases your run speed by 70% for 3 sec. Defensive Stance: A defensive combat state that reduces all damage you take by 20%, and all damage you deal by 10%. Lasts until cancelled.      Bounding Stride should be your default choice here. Second Wind is great for leveling, maybe, and Defensive Stance (aside from being really weird as a talent) is only to be used if you seem to have a problem surviving heavy-hitting mechanics that are unavoidable otherwise.

Tier 5 / Level 75:
      In For The Kill: Mortal Strike generates 20 Rage when used against targets that are below 20% health. Mortal Combo: Mortal Strike now has a maximum of 2 charges. Focused Rage: Focus your rage on your next Mortal Strike, increasing its damage by 50%, stacking up to 3 times. Unaffected by the global cooldown.      Ah... the Mortal Strike tier. Considering my recommendations are centered around Focused Rage, it should be obvious that this it the talent of choice.

Tier 6 / Level 90:
      Deadly Calm: Battle Cry also reduces the Rage cost of your abilities by 100% for the duration. Trauma: Slam and Whirlwind now cause the target to bleed for 20% additional damage over 6 sec. Multiple uses accumulate increased damage. Titanic Might: Increases the duration of Colossus Smash by 16 sec, but reduces its effectiveness by 20%.      Deadly Calm is the choice here as it vital to the rotation and necessary for the use of a Focused Rage + Hamstring macro to proc Tactician during Battle Cry.

Tier 7 / Level 100:
      Anger Management: Every 10 Rage you spend reduces the remaining cooldown on Battle Cry by 1 sec.
      Opportunity Strikes: Your melee abilities have up to a 60% chance, based on the target's missing health, to trigger an extra attack that deals 160% Physical damage.
      Ravager: Throws a whirling weapon at the target location that inflicts [7 * (250% of Attack power)] damage to all enemies with in yards over 7 sec.
           Of the three here, Anger Management is the go-to choice. Ravager can be taken for AoE situations. It's worth noting that the over time effect of Ravager is affected by your haste.

This is one of the most discussed topics I come across. I considered putting this in the "F.A.Q." section but, in my opinion, it is so important that I gave it it's own section. Stat weights are pretty straight forward for an Arms Warrior. Before I get to that, however, let's look at the stats and how they directly affect our warrior, shall we?
      Strength: This is our main stat. All your pieces, save trinkets, will have this stat on it. Critical Strike: This stat increases our chance to make our attacks critically hit which means more damage. We love doing more damage! Haste: This stat directly affects attack speed. Mastery: Our mastery buff is Mastery: Colossal Might. It increases the damage of your Colossus Smash by %, and causes it to increase damage you deal to the target by an additional % (% is based on the amount of mastery you have.) Versatility: Versatility increases damage done and decreases all damage taken.      Now that we know what our stats are - what are their weights? As stated, it's pretty straight forward. Initially it is Mastery -> Versatility -> Haste -> Critical Strike. Pretty simple, right?
           Important Note: Stat weights change constantly based on your gear. It is highly recommended that you download and use the latest version of Simulation Craft to gauge your personal stat weights as you obtain new gear. Over time you may see a need to gear toward one stat over another as you approach certain percentages. This is a somewhat complicated concept and the above priority is for general knowledge and purpose. The best way to get the most out of your warrior is to, again, use Simulation Craft to determine your stat weights.

Single Target Rotation
           The single target rotation is influenced based on your talent choices. In the Arms specialization you can have two types of builds - one that is leaned toward passive play (Dauntless, Fervor, In For The Kill, etc) or you can have an active one (Overpower, Rend, etc) The below priority is assuming you have the selected talents, however, which is centered around the Focused Rage build.
      Colossus Smash Execute (Sub 20% HP / Proc off Ayala's Stone Heart) Mortal Strike (Regardless of Focused Rage stacks in the presence of Tactician Procs) Focused Rage (To a maximum of 3 stacks) Slam      Warbreaker is to be used to either extend Colossus Smash or apply it to gain the benefits of Shattered Defenses (Artifact Trait). It is especially useful when you are AoEing mobs as it applies your Colossus Smash debuff to all targets hit.
          You have one cooldown to consider as well, as an Arms Warrior. That cooldown is Battle Cry. For the Arms specialization, it allows the use of abilities for free with Deadly Calm talented for 5 seconds. In addition to this, your Artifact allows (with Corrupted Blood) all damage done during Battle Cry to be additional shadow damage over 6 seconds.
           The biggest problem you'll come across is using Focused Rage when you already have 3 stacks of it. Make sure you're monitoring your stacks. Mortal Strike is to be used when it's available, regardless of the amount of stacks you have. If Focused Rage comes up to 3 stacks and Mortal Strike is not available to spend them, go to your next prioritized ability.

Multiple Target Rotation
           It's important to note that if you are doing a multiple target rotation you should have changed talents from the ones recommend above if the targets are able to be stacked together. You will change the Tier 1 / Level 15 talent from Dauntless to Sweeping Strikes. If the targets are spread out or cannot be stacked for a duration of time then Dauntless will still be your talent of choice.
           Depending on the amount of time the multiple targets live depends on how much you deviate from the single target rotation as well as if they're stacked or not. Assuming that you have 2 - 3 mobs that are stacked you would use the following AoE abilities:
      Bladestorm Cleave Whirlwind      Take note of the improved Cleave. For each add you hit with it, up to 5 maximum, it'll increase your damage of your next Whirlwind by 20%. (5 adds hit = 100% increased Whirlwind Damage).
           Lastly, while your abilities are on CD in the AoE situation you can prioritize your single target rotation. Use a little forethought - if an add is not going to last for 15 seconds or more do not use Rend; use other priorities. Additionally, I would not take the GCDs to apply rend to more than 3 targets - prioritizing those of most importance.

Below you will find the recommend path of leveling up your Artifact weapon. It's a pretty straight forward process with each step being colorized for convenience. Below the image you will find a numbered list as well. Keep in mind that this is a path to get the most out of your weapon in a raiding environment. Ultimately the Artifact is going to be maxed out anyway, so feel free to level it how you see fit.

It should be self-explanatory that your Artifact weapon will be unlocked with Warbreaker. You should proceed to spec your artifact as such:

1. Shattered Defenses: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 3,250
      Thoradin's Might Crushing Blows Will of the First King Exploit the Weakness Shattered Defenses 2. Corrupted Blood of Zakajz: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 30,200
      Tactical Advance Precise Strikes Corrupted Blood of Zakajz 3. Focus in Battle: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 87,620
      Many Will Fall Focus in Battle 4. Unending Rage: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 155,200
      5. One Against Many: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 326,430
      6.  Deathblow: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 739,170
      7. Void Cleave: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 417,560
      8. Touch of Zakajz: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 2,210,860
      9. Defensive Measures: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 1,245,840

Once this path is completed, the rest of your AP traits will go into Unbreakable Steel.

1. Focused Rage + Hamstring:
           This macro is used to fish Tactician procs during Battle Cry. Thanks to the patch on 10/25/2016, Hamstring once again can proc Tactician.
      #showtooltip /cast Battle Cry /cast Focused Rage /cast Hamstring

The only addon that I really deem significant is TellMeWhen. This addon, in a nutshell, is a simpler version of Weak Auras. It can track just about anything, is customizable based on current spec, and is useful for tracking important buffs, debuffs, dots, etc. I use this for every single one of my characters and all specs.
      Change Log:
      7/17/2016: Original Post
      7/19/2016: Updated Post to reflect similarities in IV's Guide on Talents and Stat weights where needed.
      7/31/2016: Updated for recent simulation results in talent choices and stat priority. Also updated Addons.
      8/27/2016: Added Artifact path information.
      9/4/2016: Updated Stat Priorities, Rotation, Artifact Path, and Macros.
      9/18/20126: Updated Links of Interest, Stat Priorities, & Rotation Priority sections.
      9/27/2016: Updated FAQ and Macros sections.
      10/26/2016: Updated Macros section.
    • By stormcaster
      Union is an alliance guild on the PVE server Uldum, we are currently 4/7 mythic and looking to add 1 mage and 1 warlock to our ranks. Union has been around since Vanilla and has had the same core of raiders for years. We pride ourselves on raiding just 10 hours per week and being able to maintain top 150 US throughout the last tiers of raiding. We raid:

Tuesday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
      Thursday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
      Sunday 7-11 EST (4-8 PST)

We are looking for a mage that not only parses high, but has good survival instincts and always comes prepared to each raid.

Hit me up in game: Stormcaster#1629
    • By dlhak
      Hi, Does anyone of you know how much haste is enough for demon blades to proc properly ? I'm actually at 20% (crit 40% mast 20%) I can switch to 50% crit but I will have 6% haste. 
      There is now a debate whether the proc chance of demon blades during GCD is actually a buff or a nerf, if anyone could bring opinion on that too it would be great.
      thank you.
    • By Narii625
      ABOUT US
      We are a very social guild LFM for progression/semi-casual raiding and leveling. 
      When we say "semi-casual," we mean that we raid two days for three hours, can laugh about a wipe but are still serious about progression. We plan to do Normal raids (not for long) before going on to Heroic and Mythic.
      New players and all levels welcomed. We are VERY new player and new role friendly and have a few new players in the raid group already. We will work with you and get you trained up. So don't worry! 
      We do have some PvPers and an experienced RBG leader so PvP isn't out of the question.
      We're almost always on Discord and we joke around a lot. Some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. (Recommended 18+)
      Currently we are using the EPGP system ( The addon EPGP (DKP Reloaded), EPGP Lootmaster, DBM, and GTFO are required to be downloaded and kept up-to-date on raid nights.
      Fridays & Sundays 8pm - 11pm PST. (10pm - 1am Server Time.) NOTE: Flasks, foods, potions, and enchants will be provided for raiders on a first-come first-serve basis. People who contribute to the guild bank will also have preference. Guild repairs provided on raid nights. Trials will be provided with the aforementioned items if we can spare them after the main raiders. CURRENT PROGRESSION
      Emerald Nightmare, [7/7N] [3/7H] OTHER EVENTS
      Saturday is for Mythics/other events. Though we do stuff throughout the week. Most of us have work or school so it depends. We have an event coming up on 10/25 (Saturday) for the release of patch 7.1 Return to Karazhan! WHAT WE HAVE ROOM FOR**
      Shadow Priest Balance Druid Mage Elemental Shaman **In order of what we need the most!!
      If you are interested please fill out the application on our website!
      In-Game Name: Sylarii, ID: Narii#1891
    • By bigmacs
      <Tophat Standard>
         We are a somewhat newly formed raiding guild focused 
      on providing a home to the serious players of Emerald Dream that
      want to progress through all content but can only commit a limited amount of time to the game. The core members and leadership of the guild that returned for Legion have been playing games together for 7+ years and quite a few of us know each other in real life. 
         We come from a plethora of locations, careers, and video game experiences but our love for gaming at a higher level has bonded us together. Our first mission at hand is to establish a roster of 40-45 members which will allow our members to have a 'show up when you want' attendance policy. Our progression raid invite priority will be based on attendance percentage. To accomplish this we are sounding the 'Call to Arms' in search of just a few more skilled raiders to  finish off our roster.
         Raid times
      all raids are optional - Invite priority based on attendance percentage
      - Sunday: 9:00pm(ST)[W-PvP/Rated BGs/Arenas/Keystone-Mythics]
      - Monday:  9:00pm(ST)-12:00am(ST)[Clean up content]
      - Tuesday: 9:00pm(ST)-12:00am(ST)[Progression]
      - Wednesday: 9:00pm(ST)-12:00am(ST)[Progression]
      - Thursday:  9:00pm(ST)-12:00am(ST)[Progression]
      - Friday: [No Guild events]
      - Saturday: [No Guild events]
      What We Offer
      - Experienced leadership [Top 25 U.S. raiding during TBC & Wotlk/R1 Gladiators/World first in SWTOR & EQ.] 
      - Mature raiding environment [We DO NOT tolerate drama - We DO encourage mild intoxicants & Laughter.]
      - Casual raid schedule [You choose what days you can raid by accepting or declining guild calendar invites]
      - Progression [The #1 goal in all progression raids is to PROGRESS. When a wipe occurs we do not complain we identify the problem, then correct the issue immediately.]
      - Fair loot system [Personal loot for Heroic ~ MS>OS free roll for Mythic.]
      What We Require
      [ul]- 18+ years old [We play the game for fun, not to babysit or censor our conversations.]
      - Raiding Experience [If you stand in fire we do not want you!]
      - Class knowledge & Comprehension [Know your class & spec - Perform YOUR job in raids.]
      - Late night EST playtimes [Ability to attend at least one raid every week to be considered for core raider rank.] 
      - Thick skin & Personality [We want people who can take a joke and fire one right back otherwise, raiding would be boring.] 
      - Character upkeep [Gems/Enchants/Flask/Food/Attunements/Relic slots/Pre-quest/Item level]
      - Microphone & Headset [Communication is paramount to success in PvE & PvP]
      - Curse voice [This is the main voice program we will use for PvE & PvP Push-to-talk required][/ul]
      Current Progression
      'Glory of the Legion Hero'
      7/7 - Normal
      7/7 - Heroic
      1/7 - Mythic
      Current Recruitment Needs
      - Tanks - Low [Prot Warrior(With DPS offset)]
      - Melee DPS - Medium [Warrior/Feral/Rogue/Ret/WW]
      - Ranged DPS - Medium [SP/Warlock/Hunter/Boomkin/ELE]
      - Healers - Low [H-Priest/MW-Monk]
      Recruitment Process
      - Short application on our website.
      - Short interview via Curse voice.
      - Two week trial period. [Extensions if needed]
      - Promotion to Core-Raider or Demotion to Social. 
      If you have any questions or would like to join <Tophat Standard> please contact any of the following officers in-game or via Curse Voice.
      - Bigmacs [Healing Officer] CV = Khemist757
      - Oghmann [Ranged Dps Officer] CV = araleus
      - Armoredpope [Tank Officer] CV = timegogo
      - Numptey [Melee Dps Officer] CV = Numptey13
      - illyih [Website/Raid Admin Officer] CV = Oz821