Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amathor

Why does noone try this..?

7 posts in this topic

Ok SO..

Everyone i've heard so far.. "2H Frost way out-preforms DW Frost for DPS"

Majority of this information is gathered from SIMS, however i've seen many DK's in game try both with those results..

HOWEVER.

Everyone assumes, because Threat of Thassarian increases Frost Strike damage by 40%

"When dual-wielding, your Death Strikes, Obliterates, Plague Strikes, and Frost Strikes also deal damage with your off-hand weapon, and your Frost Strike damage is increased by 40%."

that DW Frost will always favor Mastery>Haste almost point-for-point. (Meaning if you have a choice between 110mastery and 100haste you would always choose mastery.) BUT THIS IS NOT TRUE!

I don't give a damn what the 'sims' say about DW frost dps. It preforms best at a 45-48% Haste soft-cap.

I've tried reforging several ways as DW. the askmrrobot weights (leaves me around 34% haste at ilvl470) and the elitist jerks weights (leaves me around 30% haste at ilvl 470) and my way (leaves me at 45.5% haste at ilvl 470)

and the DPS changes are VERY immense.

EJ's: ~50k

Robots:~53k

My way:~64k

The sims are usually based off the same (or close to) weights as either Robot or EJ. This is why 2H pulls ahead in sims, and, when a player tries dw to see, 2h still pulls ahead. Reason being at 45.5% haste you have a 9.1sec rune regen. at 40% you have a 9.65 and at 35% you have a 9.98sec rune regen.

This .88 sec doesn't seem like alot, but it is. It's the diffrence between running into having to wait 9seconds for a rune to come up cuz ur RP drained and rune drained. and waiting about 2sec, and it also occures alot less often.

Now, I completly agree ToT made FS pro-status for DW and makes Mastery ALOT more useful for us. However, I do not see why DW is dismissed so easily on the sims, without tweaking the stats around. Yes maste>haste pulls more dps then haste>mast on dw. but why havent they tried haste=45%>maste>haste ?

Input please, i'd like to know what i'm missing here.

(And for the record, i HAVE tried 2h frost, same Ilvl, reforged and gemmed appropriatly, and i still pull more as DW)

I have yet to be out-dpsed by a 2h frost dk. they are close, but i'm still higher.

~Amathor <Zenith> -- Kil'Jaeden (Horde)

DPS:

Self-buffed Single Raid Dummy ~ 5min: 78k

Self-buffed AoE Raid Dummy(3 dummies) ~5min: 89k

10man reg Guardians: 77k

10man reg Fen: 71k

10 man reg Spiritbender: 69k

1 person likes this

I've not done much theorycrafting with frost, but i don't think there are any haste soft caps. Could you please elaborate on how 45.5% haste is significant? What is special about 9.1s rune regen that would justify making that a soft cap?

In addition to Reniat's valid question, I'd also like to state that your sample size appears to be extremely small (personal experimentation), whereas simulations run on much much greater sample sizes.

But aside from that, I'm not saying that you are wrong - a lot of things in WoW have been dismissed as weak until properly understood. I think you will find the best place for theorycrafting for Death Knights to still be EJ's forums - so I'd urge you to post there. If your maths is solid, then I'm sure it will get the right recognition. And if you do, or already have posted there, please post the link here, because I'm naturally interested in the topic.

Playing as 2h frost now and dying to know about DW. Simcraft is saying that DW is now doing around 120k!!! I will try later on, the only problem I have got is cause I am level 483 (2H) with elegon weapon and to go DW I will have to buy 2 one swords from Klaxxi. This will for sure drop my dps alot.

I gonna buy 2 one hand sword and 1 2h sword from Klaxxi, so gear should be the same... lets see!

Anymore details about this Amathor? How do you reforge? What are the stats weight?

Thanks!

The sims are usually based off the same (or close to) weights as either Robot or EJ.

I'm not sure which sims you are referring to but Simulationcraft will certainly calculate your own personal stat weights (which vary considerably from the ilvl 509 weights mentioned on Elitist Jerks' site when you've not got BiS gear). Which simulations blindly use such published weights?

I'm not sure which sims you are referring to but Simulationcraft will certainly calculate your own personal stat weights (which vary considerably from the ilvl 509 weights mentioned on Elitist Jerks' site when you've not got BiS gear). Which simulations blindly use such published weights?

I don't know, but Ask Mr Robot's optimization certainly calculates weights based on the current character.

Okay, so that now Simcraft has been updated to remove the last bug, how are things simming out for DW, both stats and gems. Is there a sweet spot for haste for DW or does Mastery rule at all levels? I'm getting odd results and this could all be because the sim software is new to me. My reforge/gem results are telling me to toss out my 4000 haste for 2900 haste and put everything into str gems and reforge for mastery? My ilevel is 482 and i've been running either 25k or 50k iterations. I would really like to get a short "to-do" list like go to X and run this and then do this ... I've seen a lot of 2H conversation in this forum, time for DW's to speak up. Thank you much and happy holidays.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• [Arthas] [H] <The Sworn> (12/13M) LF DPS!
      By Violentravi
      Hello,

The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 12/13 Mythic.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 PM until 12:00 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Archimonde progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.

From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.

If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or make a character on our realm and either message myself (violentravi#1826) or raid leader, Huntelsa (huntelsa#1444).  Alternatively, you can apply via our website: http://theswornarthas.enjin.com/recruitment

Thank you for your consideration

Xoxo

Violentnacho

• [EU-Argent Dawn][A] <Stormguard> HFC: 12/13 M, healers and dps
      By Baes
      Hello fellow raiders!     Stormguard's current progress is 12/13(M) Hellfire Citadel and we are inviting more friends to join us on soon Mythic adventures! Don't forget to bring puns!   Ranged: Druid
      Warlock
      Priest
      Shaman
      Hunter     Who WE are We are Stormguard - a Mythic, semi-hardcore raiding guild that once upon a time moved from Steamwheedle Cartel to Argent Dawn in search of new friends and adventures. We have years of raiding experience and a great atmosphere in our raids that we value a lot, successfully maintain and are very proud of. We appreciate a good joke, friendly banter and even a good pun! We do not, however, tolerate insults, enraging or any display of aggression - if it will occur- it can earn you a boot from the guild.    Who YOU are You are a gentleman,a lady or a cat, who is mature, has raiding experience, polite and has a good attitude. You are not a drama queen/king/cat, whiner or a grumpy dwarf. You are researching your class's tips and tricks and are always up to date with news and changes. You come prepared, repaired and bearing a good joke for the night and are able to listen/talk using our voice communications. Patience and a good sense of humor are crucial!   Since we reside on an RP server, some of our members are RPers and some are not - which means you are not obligated to RP but you may not disturb or insult in any way others that do so. You shall always remember that you represent our guild when you are out in the wilderness or in the cities and shall behave accordingly.     What our GOALS are Stormguards ultimate goal is to clear each current content tier on mythic difficulty while maintaining a good and friendly atmosphere. We raid 3 times per week: Wednesday, Thursday and Monday evenings from 20.00 to 23.00 server time. We do not normally extend over the raid-end time, unless it is the last encounter and it is agreed with all the raid members. We require our members to attend minimum of 85% of the raids.     For SOCIAL members: We are always welcoming social members. To fulfill social member requirements you actually have to be social! Social members are the soul of the guild and we value them as much as our raiders.   How you can FIND us: Please visit and apply at our guild page: http://stormguard.openlogix.se Please register with your ingame character name for faster approval.
    • [Bleeding Hollow-H]<Shifty Casuals> 12/13M Open Recruitment
      By mischievous
      Currently progressing on Mythic Archimonde with pulls sub 20% within the first week of attempts together.

We're looking for exceptional raiders of any class that are ready to jump straight into Mythic HFC. 

About Us: 
      We are a guild, made up of former members of <Red Shift> and <Casually Addicted>, on Bleeding Hollow (PvP Server on a Chicago Datacenter) that have a common goal and will do what is necessary to achieve it. We are Shifty Casuals.
      We are a group of professional adults, who believe success in raiding doesn't correlate to number in days/hours you spend raiding. We are starting a fresh page within our guild history and sticking to a 3 day a week raid schedule.
      We don't tolerate elitism, bigotry, misogyny or any of the like. We enjoy our calm, adult environment and have no qualms with protecting it.
      We do loot council which is fair and distributes loot for the progression of the raid as a whole and not an individual player. No favoritism, no loot drama.
      We have our sights set on top 100 US for Legion and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our ranks.

Raid Days and Times (All times in EST as that is our server time):
      · Tuesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Wednesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Thursday 8:45pm-11:45pm

Who We Want:
      Since we are reforming and building for the expansion now is a great time to get in on the ground floor and clear content with us, while prepping for the new expansion. These are some key traits that we are looking for:
      · Someone who understands that 3 nights a week raiding means that you need to bring your A-game each and every night. Attendance is expected to be near 100%. By committing to raid, you are committing yourself to our raiding schedule.
      · The ability to perform under pressure. We only recruit impressive players, and spots are always competitive.
      · Extensive class knowledge of your class. (IE: Alpha/beta testing, keeping up with theorycrafting, properly gemmed/enchanted, always be up to date on the intricacies of your class (not solely your spec(s)) and on the utility of the entire raid group.)
      · A computer that can handle 20-30 man raiding and the ability to communicate via VOIP when needed. You must have a working headset and mic, and you must be prepared to use them. We will not read chat during boss fights. Inability to give a vocal response will not be tolerated as it directly hinders progression.
      · Tough skin. We're always looking to improve ourselves as should you. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but flaming and insulting is not tolerated whatsoever.

If you have what it takes to be a part of this great team and community, feel free to apply @ http://tinyurl.com/shiftycasualapply or contact any of the officers for additional information.

Contacts:
      Mischievous - Officer - giggles#1351
      Tenss - Guild Master - tenspeed#1198
      Esurient - Co-GM - starvingsun#1436
      Amisti - Officer - amisti#1417
    • Fury Warrior Rage Pooling
      By Kizr
      Hey, guys!
      So my question isn't directly related to my DPS numbers, I feel as though I'm hitting that about right for my gear at the moment (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Kizr/simple) I hit level 100 about two weeks ago and I've had some experience with Protection Warriors in the past. As it stands my DPS is about 40k single target and 55k AoE (Hellfire Assault, Kormrok) with assorted pieces from mythic dungeons and such, I don't think I can push it much higher without 4 set, legendary ring, Empty Drinking Horn and my class trinket, but please correct me if I'm wrong because I really need to get my DPS as high as I can.
      So, my question is this: I've heard a lot about rage pooling for certain situations and I generally spend rage as I get it, is rage pooling something that is still done in WoD and if it is how do I go about doing it effectively? I feel bad if I miss a GCD where I could have hit an ability (whilst enraged) so I just want to know if any of you have any advice on the matter. especially just before and during the execute phase!
      Thanks for your time.