FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Spyte

What is the purpose of Clarity of Purpose?

Good Morning Priests,

while preparing for our start at heroic progression, I was checking my 100's talents and I don't understand in which way CoP is useful.

I know that the guide already states WoM to be the go-to talent but it reall bugs me beacuase I cand find a single thing about CoP which makes me want to use it besides it's lower mana costs in comparison to PoH.

The tooltip states that it heals by 4994 plus up to 100% more (which would result in ~10k) where as PoH already heals for around 11k.

CoP also only heals people within 10meters around the target, while PoH does so within 30 meters.

What am I missing here? Does it maybe have a lower base heal but bigger scaling with spellpower thus making it viable with better gear? Is the only thing the manacosts? Did I overlook something?

Best Wishes

Spyte

P.S. Sorry for bad english :)

The thing to note about Clarity of Purpose is that it costs significantly less than PoH does while potentially healing for roughly the same.

There are plenty of fights, where you end up stacked and taking a lot of damage. In those cases, it's a very nice talent to pick and close to Renew. I'd still say it's coming out slightly behind WoM to make it worth picking however.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply!

Another thing came up a minute ago:

Is CoP limited to the target's group like PoH is, or isn't it (because the tooltip doesn't say so) and behaves like Circle(raidwide+smartheal)? Did someone already have the opportunity to test this out?

Looking at the tooltip I asume it behaves like CoH but with a range of 10y.

Probably usefull in stack situation with heavy/spikey damage. Or Tank+Melee healing.

• Like 1

Looking at the tooltip I asume it behaves like CoH but with a range of 10y.

Probably usefull in stack situation with heavy/spikey damage. Or Tank+Melee healing.

This.  It is not limited to the cast target group.  :)

• Like 1

I´ve tried many times in hc and in raids with CoP. It fails everytime you´re doing much much better with WoM. Just forget about that talent.. it´s waste.

I did try this ability several times in CM's and Highmaul normal. Wasnt able to get the output needed from it to make it viable, and the fact that it replaces PoH is a biggy, maybe if it was seperate.