Official Blizzard WoW Blog
Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft patch 5.0.5. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below went live the moment they were implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this list in the days to come as additional hotfixes are applied.
- Support Guide
- Patch Notes
- Known Issues
- Patch 5.0.5 Survival Guide
- Tech Tips
- Tanking Damage Hotfixes
- Pet Battles Update - Hotfixes
- Druid: Heart of the Wild Changes
- Windsong and Elemental Force Information
- Incarnation: Son of Ursoc
- Activating this ability now correctly resets the cooldown on Growl.
- Activating this ability will no longer incorrectly remove Might of Ursoc, Enrage, or Savage Defense.
- Murder of Crows will now properly break Freezing Trap once damage is dealt.
- Void Shift can no longer be used on NPCs, including player pets.
- Combustion direct damage that does not crit now causes Heating up to be removed after a short delay. Additionally, the delay on non-crits removing Heating Up has been increased from 0.25sec to 0.5sec.
- Guard will no longer fade from the Monk when her Ox Statue applies Guard to another player.
- Glyph of Guard will no longer prevent the Monk's Ox Statue from applying Guard to other players.
- Skull Banner and Sanctuary of the Ox can now stack, and neither effect will overwrite the other.
- The non-glyphed version of Guard will be cancelled should a Monk apply Glyph of Guard and cast the new version.
- A Monk's existing Guard effect will now stack with Guard provided by other friendly Brewmaster Monks.
- Tiger's Lust no longer affects vehicles.
- Zen Flight now clears correctly on when moving between continents.
- Windsong and Elemental Force weapon enchantment activations will no longer remove stealth.
- Smoke Bomb will now properly prevent players within the area of effect from being struck by the Spiritual Grasp cast by Shadowy Minions in Mogu'shan Vaults.
- When Dark Apotheosis is active, using Demonic Slash will no longer sometimes incorrectly trigger the Shoot ability.
- The Fae Spirits that accompany Darkwoods Faeries will now despawn correctly.
- Shao-Tien Tyrant and Shao-Tien Magus can no longer be pickpocketed.
- Stout Shaghorns in the Valley of the Four Winds should now respawn properly.
- Lingering Doubt in the Jade Forest now respawns more slowly.
- The Cooking School Bell can no longer be sold to vendors.
- Pet Battle matchmaking has been improved. The pets on each team involved in the battle will now be closer in level with each other.
- Demonology Warlocks can now successfully complete "Elemental Bonds: Desire".
- "In Sprite of Everything" can now be completed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the August Celestials quest hub at the Cradle of Chi-Ji to always be available.
- Players that fail the quest "Battle Axe of the Thunder King" will now be able to restart the event.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent some players from acquiring the quest "Welcome to Dawn's Blossom".
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the object of the quest "Battle Helm of the Thunder King" from being looted.
Dungeons & Raids
- Mog'shan Vaults
- Gara'jal the Spiritbinder will now properly transport the target with the highest threat to the Spirit World.
- Teams queueing for Arenas will temporarily no longer be placed into the The Ring of Valor.
- The Stoneplow Farm cinematic will now correctly only play once while players complete the associated quests.
- Resolved an issue with Archaeology digsites in Fallsong Village.
- The achievement Monkey in the Middle can now be earned when defeating Captain Ook in the Unga Ingoo scenario.