FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Spyte

Which item to equip?

Dunno if this is the correct place to post this so correct me if I'm wrong smile.png

I got my first highmaul item from follower missions but I'm not sure which I should equip:

Sandals of Volatile Ice of the Deft645(+106 Haste +80 Multistrike +Socket)

vs.

Destablized Sandals655

I play holy (thus MS>Haste>Mastery ?! <- am I right?), but how much more is MS worth it than Haste? Does the intelligence on the 655 make up for the lost MS?

Greetings

Spyte-Terrordar

Personally I would equip Destablized Sandals, due to the increased INT and higher secondary stats. However you are loosing out on the socket. Very much dependant on your current gear aswell, and people may atleast want your current stats overall. Either way its not going to impact you too much unless I'm seriously missing something.

Sum up, I would go for spell power. But i'm sure somebody will number crunch it, so give more info.

• Like 1

MS and Haste are incredibly close.

The 80 MS is better than the 88 mastery, but not so much that it outweighs the 12 int you gain by using the higher item level ones. And you also gain a bit of haste by using the 655 feet.

• Like 1

Don't overthink it. The Blizzard design tries to force ilevel to win over anything so the main stat is often at least twice or three times better than the best secondary. They even said explicitly recently that if they notice a case that a secondary wins over ilevel they will nerf/buf to bring it back to simplicity. 

I'm sure that there are currently some exceptions, but I bet they don't go beyond the items that are only 5 ilevel difference.

e.g. even only 5 ilevels on a main weapon can win over any secondary stats chance since it both has int and SP.

PS. Some trinkets may be an exception. e.g. I'd better use a 630 with int+mastery than a 640 with haste and whatever.

Edited by fateswarm

They're actually almost even, or maybe even slightly in favor of the 645 if it has a socket. even with a cheap gem 35ms > 14 int, 10 haste. and it's already been established that 80ms > 88 mastery.

• Like 2

They're actually almost even, or maybe even slightly in favor of the 645 if it has a socket. even with a cheap gem 35ms > 14 int, 10 haste. and it's already been established that 80ms > 88 mastery.

I completely missed the socket!

Yeah the feet with the socket are superior despite the lower item level.

I got another new item im worried about:

Which one is the better choice for Holy?

Is that from a mission or did you kill M-Imperator? In either case congratulations!

Unfortunately IV doesn't support tables on their forums(?) grumble grumble

So let's do a quick table

item    691 676 diff
int     295 257 38
crit    200 0   200
ms      192 188 4
haste   0   191 -191

The question essentially becomes whether 191 haste is worth giving up 38 intellect, 200 crit and 4 multistrike for. Haste is inarguably a better stat than crit for for holy but not to the point it makes up for 38 intellect.

Edited by Espiee
  • Like 1

@Spyte:  Wow...  congrats!

@ Espiee:  tyvm, exactly the info I was looking for the INT to Crit comparison.

Is that from a mission or did you kill M-Imperator? In either case congratulations!

@Spyte:  Wow...  congrats!

Thank you very much! Also thanks for the detailed answer, Espiee.

It seems I got very lucky with my mythic mission reward, won't see sth. like this again in near future I guess because my guild is now progressing on twins after killing kargath in the 50. pull.....