FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
GloryD

Rotation for Chi Explosion?

I'm trying to convert to ChiEx and I am having difficulty find a rotation so I can use it optimally or more so when I should use it...I was able to pop TeB and ChiEx proc'd and it hit extremely hard and I tried popping TeB and using FoF and then ChiEx but it didn't hit like i thought it would...and my DPS is suffering because of it I'm so used to the Serenity rotation but I know converting to this would be for the best so any help would be appreciated.

If the fight is single target or unstacked cleave, Serenity is still the choice you should take.  Until you have 2+ targets stacked, CE does not win.  To maximize CE, you basically have to use it at 4 Chi to hit 2 targets (and ideally SEF the other target to double dip the cleave) or if the fight is like Tect, then for the single target duration or separated phase, use at 3 to at least get the brew out of it (4 wont hurt though).  This build will require higher haste so that you are not doing nothing while building Chi.  TeB should still be used as normal to increase damage during procs of trinkets or increased damage phases or to avoid capping.

If the fight is single target or unstacked cleave, Serenity is still the choice you should take.  Until you have 2+ targets stacked, CE does not win.  To maximize CE, you basically have to use it at 4 Chi to hit 2 targets (and ideally SEF the other target to double dip the cleave) or if the fight is like Tect, then for the single target duration or separated phase, use at 3 to at least get the brew out of it (4 wont hurt though).  This build will require higher haste so that you are not doing nothing while building Chi.  TeB should still be used as normal to increase damage during procs of trinkets or increased damage phases or to avoid capping.

I probably will just stick with Serenity its more comfortable for me at this point.

I probably will just stick with Serenity its more comfortable for me at this point.

As long as you are comfortable with your SEF usage, you can get away with it.  I still would highly recommend getting use to CE though as comfort level isn't always optimal play.

As long as you are comfortable with your SEF usage, you can get away with it.  I still would highly recommend getting use to CE though as comfort level isn't always optimal play.

Now I'm confused...should I be getting used to both since both are optimal in Specific situations? like SER for the Butcher and ChiEx for Twins or Tectus? also I have questions since my DPS is in the craphole...my opener is on par but its what to do after I don't get

- Do I keep Tiger Palm up anytime I can use? would it be more efficient to use it when it procs or when its about to expire

- When is it optimal to pop TEB? before FoF or chain RSK and then FoF? and is it most efficient between 10 and 20 stacks?

- Should I be spamming BOK whenever I can to keep the buff up? 

- When does Expel Harm fit in? Below half health or more?

- When is Serenity usable? and should it be used over FoF when they're both up? or vice versa?

I just need to know what and when is usable so I can sustain peak DPS instead of doing a burst from the start and then falling way off the DPS Charts.