FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
juicey

Frost PVE DPS Help (Need big help)

Hi there,

I being playing Frost PVE for some time now, and currently my iLvl is 656.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/Juicey/advanced

In terms of rotation for boss opener, is pretty standard, pre-pot and mirror image just before pull, frozen orb + crystal, ice novas and FoF, then icy veins and water jet in between cooldowns.

However, I seem to be doing relatively poor in DPS, tried to test dps on single target dummy in ashran, (hence no buffs, only AI), over 6 min without using lust, I can barely sustain 18k DPS.

Everytime I joined a pre-made group, other frost mages who has lower iLvl than me, always manage to pull more DPS. (on average about 1-2k higher)

This puzzles me for about 2 weeks now, and I still couldnt find the answer. Is it my gear not optimised? (stacking multistrike), or the timing of using my procs wrong? (without frozen bomb, do I pop FoF whenever it's up?)

Please help me, my fellow mage friends.

Hey Juicey, okay so your opening sequence seems to be in order. My suggestion to you would be try maxing out your dps in between the window where you have Frost bomb, Prismatic crystal, and Frozen orb active. With the Fingers of Frost procs, make sure you put in Icy veins(with the glyph) , which will increase your multistrike when you spam your Ice lances. This should normally give you a huge burst, and with your gear level it should be roughly somewhere between 45-50k minimum. In between cooldowns, proc your trinkets (Maybe with haste) , to spam Frostbolts with the Waterjet from your elemental , and make sure you have FB up on the target before you cast the Ice lances. 

Also , i would suggest avoid using Frozen orb and Prismatic Crystal when you have TW/Heroism up. 

The most important part here is to have Frost bomb as your Tier talent.

Hope this helps. biggrin.png

Cheers! 

Edited by Pyrowiz

Hey Juicey, okay so your opening sequence seems to be in order. My suggestion to you would be try maxing out your dps in between the window where you have Frost bomb, Prismatic crystal, and Frozen orb active. With the Fingers of Frost procs, make sure you put in Icy veins(with the glyph) , which will increase your multistrike when you spam your Ice lances. This should normally give you a huge burst, and with your gear level it should be roughly somewhere between 45-50k minimum. In between cooldowns, proc your trinkets (Maybe with haste) , to spam Frostbolts with the Waterjet from your elemental , and make sure you have FB up on the target before you cast the Ice lances. 

Also , i would suggest avoid using Frozen orb and Prismatic Crystal when you have TW/Heroism up. 

Cheers! 

Thank you for your reply.

I being using Frost Bomb for quite a long time, but recently I switched to Ice Nova, as it seems like the flavor of the month. It's being working fine with Prismatic Crystal. I will give FB a try again.

Thank you for your reply.

I being using Frost Bomb for quite a long time, but recently I switched to Ice Nova, as it seems like the flavor of the month. It's being working fine with Prismatic Crystal. I will give FB a try again.

Cheers! 

There is not 1 set of talents that are best for every encounter, just running frost bomb for every encounter is in my opinion a bad idea.  Currently my talent setup for each boss is this: 

Kargath IN_MI_PC The Butcher IN_MI_PC Tectus FB_IF_TV Brackenspore FB_MI_TV Twin Ogron IN_MI_TV Ko'ragh IN_MI_PC Imperator Mar'gok FB_MI_TV

Now I am not saying this is 100% right, but this is what seems to be working for me, try looking at the Warcraft logs to see what others are doing and compare it against what you are doing.  For example on The Butcher I notice that the top loggers are not using frozen orb on cooldown but are lining it up with Prismatic Crystal, and using Ice Nova.

I have been having the same problems with my deeps and i cant figure out why.

Here is a log https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QmhWYnadqwRHx8rG

If anyone could help that would be great

thanks peeps

Moved your request to https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/8608-frost-fatchearja-log-analysis/in order to avoid log mix ups.