FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
torsey

Inferno blast question

All of the 6.0.3 fire mage rotations I've seen say to wait until you have a heating up proc to cast inferno blast. What's the logic behind this? It seems like you'd want to cast it on cooldown if it has a higher DPET than fireball (which it looks like it does). What am I missing?

All of the 6.0.3 fire mage rotations I've seen say to wait until you have a heating up proc to cast inferno blast. What's the logic behind this? It seems like you'd want to cast it on cooldown if it has a higher DPET than fireball (which it looks like it does). What am I missing?

The logic behind this is: you will get a pyroblast! for sure this way.

• Like 1

Right but if you cast it first you'll get a heating up proc for sure instead, so it's not like its guaranteed crit will go to waste. I guess I'm just not seeing where the DPS benefit comes from, unless it's just to simplify the rotation a bit.

Right but if you cast it first you'll get a heating up proc for sure instead, so it's not like its guaranteed crit will go to waste. I guess I'm just not seeing where the DPS benefit comes from, unless it's just to simplify the rotation a bit.

If you cast inferno blast first and your fireball doesn't crit, well you lose the proc and have go fishing again.

If you save it for the heating up proc cast another fireball and inferno blast fight after you can get your Pryoblast! proc and maybe a 2nd heating up.

Also, inferno bast crits for less than if you just casted a non-crit fireball...

Oh wait, do you lose the heating up proc immediately if you land a non-critical fireball? I haven't played fire in a while and didn't realize that's the way it worked. If that's the case then it makes total sense to delay using inferno blast.

• Like 2

Oh wait, do you lose the heating up proc immediately if you land a non-critical fireball? I haven't played fire in a while and didn't realize that's the way it worked. If that's the case then it makes total sense to delay using inferno blast.

Yep, you lose the heating up the moment you don't crit your next spell, this is why you use inferno blast right after heating up, and not on cooldown.