FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
iGod

I want to switch to SV

First of all my Armory. (I know I have low enchants and gems)

So today I tried my SV specc for the first time in HM.

I switched to SV in the Brackenspore HC fight, which went pretty bad and led to me switching back to MM for the Rest of the HC run and Mythic progress.

Later that evening we did a nhc run which had better results for me.

Now I want to give it another shot and have 2 particural questions.

Is my priority right and should I use Explosive trap?

Atm I'm going BA > ES > Crows > Arcane > Cobra in a Single Target fight.

Which Addon can I use to keep better track of my Serpent Sting DoTs?

If you find any additional problems in my Playstyle fell free to tell me. 

Your priority is correct, and should give good results. 

Explosive Trap should be a small DPS increase against single target, but it's your lowest priority. It is, however, top priority when you're dealing with 2+ targets. 

First of all my Armory. (I know I have low enchants and gems)

So today I tried my SV specc for the first time in HM.

I switched to SV in the Brackenspore HC fight, which went pretty bad and led to me switching back to MM for the Rest of the HC run and Mythic progress.

Later that evening we did a nhc run which had better results for me.

Now I want to give it another shot and have 2 particural questions.

Is my priority right and should I use Explosive trap?

Atm I'm going BA > ES > Crows > Arcane > Cobra in a Single Target fight.

Which Addon can I use to keep better track of my Serpent Sting DoTs?

If you find any additional problems in my Playstyle fell free to tell me. 

Your gear is there.  As reference here are your 2 specs simed against each other:

HVeBX2d.jpg?1

You might want to take some things into account about SV that will help you ease into the spec.  As discussed in various places on these forums, FS/SF puts up better numbers on stand still fights but the dps increase is very easily lost in the problematic use of FS/SF (100% uptime on the buff and low mobility issues) compared to TotH/LW.  Also Stampede makes the SV priority much easier to manage and is typically a dps increase over AMoC.  I would suggest trying Lonewolf and Thrill with Stampede for a much easier learning curve, then from there you can experiment with FS/SF if you desire.

Your gear is there.  As reference here are your 2 specs simed against each other:

HVeBX2d.jpg?1

You might want to take some things into account about SV that will help you ease into the spec.  As discussed in various places on these forums, FS/SF puts up better numbers on stand still fights but the dps increase is very easily lost in the problematic use of FS/SF (100% uptime on the buff and low mobility issues) compared to TotH/LW.  Also Stampede makes the SV priority much easier to manage and is typically a dps increase over AMoC.  I would suggest trying Lonewolf and Thrill with Stampede for a much easier learning curve, then from there you can experiment with FS/SF if you desire.

Great thank you.

Can you tell me how you did these graphs in SimC or link me a guide? I just recently got into it and don't have the hang off it yet.

That's some solid advice, thank you. I will definitely try that out should I struggle with the SF/FS build.

Edited by iGod

When you import your character and have the large wall of text before you click the simulate button, you copy all that text and import your character again (with new talents) and paste the first sim text underneath the second sim text and click simulate.  It will simulate both specs and compare in the results.

In your case I imported your character, then I went into options and changed your simmed spec to INACTIVE instead of ACTIVE and re-imported.  This tells the program to sim your un-selected spec instead of your active one.

Edited by Ulgratron