FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nixanthros

Please help! (Ret Paladin troubles)

I'm at the end of my rope. I am an avg. ilvl of 649 ret paladin, and my dps is suffering substantially. I am pulling 20k if I'm lucky on most fights. I know people our there doing more damage with worse gear, and I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. 

Here is my warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/20752/

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Nixanthros/simple

A few things to note. I recently switched all my enchants from Mastery to haste to get to 15% haste raid buffed. If need be I can switch back to mastery enchants, but that was giving me 60% mastery raid buffed and I figured that was a tad overkill, so I switched out my mastery for haste. 

Tonight we were trying to bring down heroic Brackenspore and the most dps I was doing was 24k but that was one time, the rest was like 21-23 tops. 

Anything I can do to increase my dps, please advise. I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Also keep in mind that a lot of rets out there are taking advantage of the BiS trinket for the tier, which is Scabbard of Kyanos, it being a huge dps buff in itself, so some numbers may seem inflated due to that single trinket. 20k is by no means terrible at 649 ilvl especially when a large part of your damage comes from your weapon and trinkets.

Mastery enchants are better, period; the ~9.52% haste plateau isn't really so valuable as to be sought above mastery, and there is absolutely no such thing as too much mastery (unless your personal simmed stat weights say otherwise). Realistically, though, it looks like the only things holding back your DPS are your weapon and that 615 trinket (proc haste has always been bad for us). Look to do LFR: Arcane Sanctum for trinket (Tectus) and weapon (Ko'ragh), and get your followers' item levels up to where you can get and complete missions for 645 gear and actual raid gear.

Thanks for the tips, I have switched back to mastery enchants, and I have tweaked my rotation and skills a bit. Still trying to get a trinket and weapon, none have dropped for me yet =/ 

Check the AH for Skull of War. Even at 640, it's a pretty solid trinket for Ret. Currently, they're anywhere from 8~10k on my server, which seems standard for the 640 non-weapon craftable.