FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aeolla

Missing DPS w/ Hero+AR?

Hey all,

I'm sitting on 21.5% haste at 664 ilvl at the moment. I noticed on fights where Hero is popped at the beginning, I'm struggling hard to not cap out on energy from time to time - especially when trying to use Vanish + Prep -> Vanish. I'll usually wait for my deep insight to pop the prep -> vanish. 

Also struggling when it's time to cast my first two eviscerates. Any tips here? The energy regen is strong. Opener is pot -> ambush -> RS -> SnD -> KS -> AR -> rotation + the two vanishes. 

Edited by Aeolla

It sounds like you're in a similar boat to myself and basically you just have to accept that during Lust + AR you're going to burn either energy or CPs, the goal is just to minimize the amount of waste.  To do this I basically try to make sure I'm casting at least 1 SS between any other cast.  I'm not sure how exact you were being with your opening rotation but I start with:

Pot/Sprint -> Ambush -> RvS -> SnD -> SS SS SS SS (SI) -> KS -> SS (minimizing energy waste) -> AR... then it gets fuzzy based on RvS procs.

A couple things of note are that you want to refresh SnD and RvS before hitting DI, and you want to get to DI ASAP while wasting as little energy and CPs as possible.  My methodology for the latter during this time is essentially "can I cast SS without wasting CPs?"  If yes, hit SS; if no, hit Evi.  Once I'm in DI then I look to a point where I can get my vanishes in.  It's important to realize that while optimal to use your vanishes early and back to back from a cooldown standpoint, half of the reason vanish is such a great DPS increase is that it is essentially "free."  For that reason I usually try to reach a point where I only have 1 CP and can do SS/SS/Vanish/SS/Evi -> Repeat with Prep.  Obviously the bit of a delay on the 2nd vanish is a slight DPS loss, but it mimizes energy waste, which I think is a higher priority.  Also worth noting is that depending on fight duration it could be entirely correct to save your prep for your 2nd vanish when there is no risk of energy/cp waste.

I might also add to not take anything I said as gospel, as I don't necesarilly have data to back it up, mostly just theorycrafting in my head, and looking at my numbers when tweaking my opener.

Yeah its pretty unavoidable to Energy cap during Lust.

So long as you're pressing a button it's not a HUGE deal, but what Ball is saying matches pretty closely with what I do