FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
GloriousHunt

670 Survival, doing low DPS, help needed.

First off, here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Glorioushunt/simple

Here are logs from tonights 7/7 HC run: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qfnLyX3Dk2hrCBRV/#boss=-2

The two others Hunter's in my Guild are outperforming me despite the fact that I'm pretty decked out in gear. We are all playing survival as you can see in the logs.

I used Lone Wolf+ToTH for all fights except Kar'gath and butcher.

Something else I am wondering is that is it worth delaying explosive shot, Crows or BA to get off a Barrage on two targets, for example on twins or brackenspore?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by GloriousHunt

First off, here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Glorioushunt/simple

Here are logs from tonights 7/7 HC run: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Glorioushunt/simple

The two others Hunter's in my Guild are outperforming me despite the fact that I'm pretty decked out in gear. We are all playing survival as you can see in the logs.

I used Lone Wolf+ToTH for all fights except Kar'gath and butcher.

Something else I am wondering is that is it worth delaying explosive shot, Crows or BA to get off a Barrage on two targets, for example on twins or brackenspore?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You linked your armory twice there, so.........

Ok, starting with Kargath:

• Didn't use AMoC until a min into the fight, should be used in your opener.
  • Glaive Toss only really needs to be used when nothing else is available, just an fyi.
  • You delayed ES a few times, biggest gaps are about 8s, so not bad overall, maybe lost 1 or 2, try to use it on cd (I know this isn't always possible with focusing shots though).
  • Precast FS if you are using SF, otherwise 97% uptime is pretty good.
  • No pet.........With Focusing Shot........

Butcher:

• Still no pet.
  • Mostly the same issues as Kargath
  • No second potion during BL

Brackenspore:

• Make sure to keep SS up at all times, dropped off for a bit with the second set of spore shooters (and second mind fungus).

Tectus:

• Try to keep SS up on both shards.
  • 2nd pot should have been used with BL.

Twins:

• Nearly 15s delay on ES in your opener, this hurt you
  • Another 17s delay on ES around 2:25-2:40, and a 12s delay from 2:56-3:08, 3:23-3:35. 
  • No second pot and you delayed berserking quite awhile, should have been used in your opener.

Ko'Ragh:

• You delayed BA a couple times, lost 2-3 casts.
  • 0 casts of ES from 1:48-2:15, that's 27s without it being cast.  Always stay in range of the boss, even if you're doing orbs.  Once DBM/BW says ~6s left then move into the swirly on the ground.
  • No 2nd pot or berserking.
  • Like 1

Glaive Toss only really needs to be used when nothing else is available, just an fyi.

For my gear, GT is a 54 DPS gain. I'd call that "GT really needs to be used never". 

So you know I am not misleading you, I have played World of Warcraft for over 12 years now (Alpha/Beta Tester for WoW Classic), and have mained Hunter for DPS since late Classic.

Some things to note, certain fights you should be using different talent setups.

Ex 1: Tectus

Glaive Toss is a massive DPS loss on this fight, does nowhere near the damage of Barrage on this fight. A Murder of Crows is useful only on targets that it will withstand its entire duration. Casting 1 Multi-Shot, is actually a DPS increase when Motes of Tectus have spawned (after all targets have been grouped by the tanks), as this allows you to mass-apply your Serpent Sting to all targets immediately, then resume priority of: A Murder of Crows > Barrage > Explosive Shot > Black Arrow > Arcane Shot (Focus Dump to no less than 15) > Cobra Shot. Note that you should set focus a target that you are not targeting to watch your Serpent Sting, so you can recast Multi-Shot and reapply Serpent Sting on all targets. Also, your raid should be casting Heroism/Bloodlust when the 1st 4 Motes of Tectus have spawned, immediately cast your second potion (advisable for the Raid Leader to be calling for 2nd Potions at this time - that way no one forgets to do such). Other than that, it's just your standard Explosive Shot > Black Arrow > Arcane Shot (Focus Dump to no less than 15) > Cobra Shot. Main thing to understand, is maintaining Focus to cast Explosive Shot and/or Black Arrow the second they are coming back up, any downtime that you have with these off cooldown and not used, is a DPS loss. 

Ex 2: The Butcher

This is your typical tank/spank fight that has a little bit of extra movement included. I find that having Exhilaration here is the most effective of your Tier 3 Talents (due to being able to restore a large amount of health after his charge). Main thing here is, constantly using all Cooldowns every time they're available, except after 50%. Try to watch the time on your Cooldowns to have them available for the cast of Heroism/Bloodlust at 30% (if your raid has the standard strategy), this will allow you to accumulate a very large sum of DPS and end the fight a lot higher on the DPS meters. Other than that, stick to your normal priority system as usual. Also, for this fight, I find that Lone Wolf works best, as Focusing Shot, seems to not tie in very well on this fight, especially if you're having to take any of the Charges with Deterrence.

All-in-all, main point I am trying to make, is that you need to know what Talent Choices will make you put out the most DPS you possibly can in each fight. Remember to always have Serpent Sting on all targets (regardless if using Multi-Shot or Cobra Shot to apply). Use cooldowns when called for, or when up, unless preparing to save them for use with Heroism/Bloodlust, and only use your second potion during such time (this makes the effectiveness of that second potion far more effective than the first one). 

Hopefully this helps, also, I could not see your Logs for some reason. Not that it's a huge deal to me. I don't need to see what you're doing to explain how you should be doing things.

- Reignofpain, Raid Leader of Alliance Warriors

For my gear, GT is a 54 DPS gain. I'd call that "GT really needs to be used never". 

That's because simc only uses it as a pre-cast.

Ex 1: Tectus

Glaive Toss is a massive DPS loss on this fight, does nowhere near the damage of Barrage on this fight. A Murder of Crows is useful only on targets that it will withstand its entire duration. Casting 1 Multi-Shot, is actually a DPS increase when Motes of Tectus have spawned (after all targets have been grouped by the tanks), as this allows you to mass-apply your Serpent Sting to all targets immediately, then resume priority of: A Murder of Crows > Barrage > Explosive Shot > Black Arrow > Arcane Shot (Focus Dump to no less than 15) > Cobra Shot. Note that you should set focus a target that you are not targeting to watch your Serpent Sting, so you can recast Multi-Shot and reapply Serpent Sting on all targets. Also, your raid should be casting Heroism/Bloodlust when the 1st 4 Motes of Tectus have spawned, immediately cast your second potion (advisable for the Raid Leader to be calling for 2nd Potions at this time - that way no one forgets to do such). Other than that, it's just your standard Explosive Shot > Black Arrow > Arcane Shot (Focus Dump to no less than 15) > Cobra Shot. Main thing to understand, is maintaining Focus to cast Explosive Shot and/or Black Arrow the second they are coming back up, any downtime that you have with these off cooldown and not used, is a DPS loss. 

A Murder of Crows' cd reset should be abused as much as possible on this fight, and if you look at the log, which is publicly visable, otherwise i wouldn't have been able to do my analysis earlier, his group is killing both shards before killing the motes (which happens to be at the same time).  The min duration the target should be up for abusing the cd reset is at least 5s, which the motes should be up for a bit longer than that for obvious reasons.  

There are other things I could call you out for, but I won't.  Please try to be more informed of the person you are responding to's position and logs before you blatantly assume that whats on their armory is true for all fights.

Edited by Orthios

That's because simc only uses it as a pre-cast.

Erm, no, I made sure to add it to the rotation manually, with the priority of just below the spending TotH proc. GT was cast 26 times during the fight, on average. 

Erm, no, I made sure to add it to the rotation manually, with the priority of just below the spending TotH proc. GT was cast 26 times during the fight, on average. 

Well, even in the default APL which doesn't have it there its worth ~50 dps for me (haven't simmed vs not using any talent there).

^ Thanks for the advice guys

Any advice on keeping track of serpent sting on multiple targets?

I use TellMeWhen for that. Most HM fights fall under the category "the boss + 1 additional target", so I track the Serpent Sting on boss1 with one TellMeWhen icon, and Serpent Sting on my current target with another icon:

25kmz9l.jpg

Additionally, for general-purpose multi dotting, I have a Serpent Sting TellMeWhen icon show up under my mouse cursor for a the mouseover target. Basically, I need to just hover my mouse over the enemy and a small Serpent Sting icon will appear under the cursor to let me know if the Target has Serpent Sting on it. If it doesn't, I can just hit my Arcane Shot keybind, and it will cast Arcane Shot on the mousover target through this macro: 

/cast [@mouseover, harm][] Arcane Shot

If my mouse isn't over an enemy, it will simply cast an Arcane Shot at my current target. I use the same macro for Black Arrow, so I can cast my BA on something else if my current target is about to die. 

^ Thanks for the advice guys

Any advice on keeping track of serpent sting on multiple targets?

You can use WA, TMW, or you can be like me and use ElvUI.  All bosses and most major adds (Warmages/Reaver, Flesh Eater, Shards) are tracked as well as any dots on them (I have this set to just show my dots on them).