FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Grimtooth

BM Hunter and weaving Barrage into Rotation

So are we supposed to be weaving in Barrage into our standard rotation when it is available without clipping Kill Command, even on single targets?  It seems that when I started to do it with some success, I saw a 1k jump in dps quite easily.  But, just wondering if I should keep doing this or if we have any mathhammer that backs up integrating it in.  

I have simmed it for my gear, and yes, you should be casting Barrage on cooldown, even during Bestial Wrath, even if that means delaying Kill Command. Kill Command is still higher priority, so cast that first if it's available. 

Edited by Iridar

Ok.  I am still working the mechanics of it with practice and I have already done normal and LFR HM this week, so will have to find another way to practice other then training dummies.  I am noticing that I can get in a couple of Cobra Shots for regen, right after a KC that will top me off enough to Barrage when it is off of cooldown at the expense of losing out on an Arcane.  I am guess that is ok to lose that Arcane in lieu of barrage?

I am guess that is ok to lose that Arcane in lieu of barrage?

Yes. Arcane Shot is merely a focus dump, you only cast it when everything else is on cooldown, and you won't need focus in near future.

Yea, I am noticed that with Barrage in the mix, I am not double tapping Arcane like I was so much anymore as the focus is just not there to tap it and then have enough for KC.

Thanks.  Simcraft has me at almost 20.8k dps and last night in normal HM I was floating around 15-16k dps overall.  So I think I can push that up a bit higher with more practice.