FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Leafmealone

[Guardian] Flask question for mitigation

So, I am currently sitting at 470k health, fully buffed. This is with a stam flask, and as of late it seems that while having so much health is nice, it can create a man a sink if I take a lot of damage, and my healing CD's are down, as my healers try to keep me topped off as much as they can.

Is using an agility flask viable? How much more mitigation would I get on melee heavy fights? The writeup states stock stamina until you have enough, but I'm unsure what enough is. Would this be viable, or would I lose out by not using the stamina flasks?

Thanks in advance!

The writeup states stock stamina until you have enough, but I'm unsure what enough is. Would this be viable, or would I lose out by not using the stamina flasks?

Thanks in advance!

Flask wise you should stick with stamina, You didnt link your armory but generally "enough" stamina means dont gem/enchant for it and on fights/difficultys that you dont 100% need it dont take static +stamina trinkets [like this http://www.wowdb.com/items/118884-kybs-foolish-perseverance ]& instead use mastery/bonus armor instead

The Stamina flask will always be the best choice for keeping you alive. Yes, at times you will be a mana sponge, when you've used up your Savage Defense charges, and your self-healing can't keep up with the incoming damage, and your cooldowns have been used up. But the ability to take a bigger hit will always trump the remote possibility that a small amount of Dodge will cause you to avoid the attack that sends your bear to the ground. The only reason to choose the Agility flask would be for DPS, which is something that most tanks will be able to do with increasing gear levels, but only when all of the content they are doing is easy for them.

Keep in mind, you don't always need to be topped off all the time.  That was part of the development plan for the healing paradigm in WoD.  The key is to always have enough health that you won't die until you get more, not be full.  This is where Theck's TMI metric earns it's keep.  In different fights, and even different moments, this can mean different things.  But if you can hang out at ~80% or so while your defensives recharge without fear of being spiked, sometimes it's better to tread that water.  That way, the healers have that mana when you're at 30% and out of CDs at the 1% wipe mark.  :P