Blizzard Official WoW Blog
Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft patch 5.0.5. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below went live the moment they were implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this list in the days to come as additional hotfixes are applied.
- Support Guide
- Patch Notes
- Known Issues
- Patch 5.0.5 Survival Guide
- Tech Tips
- Tanking Damage Hotfixes
- Pet Battles Update - Hotfixes
- Windsong and Elemental Force Information
- Vengeance Hotfix Clarification
- Weapons sold by Ambersmith Zikk can no longer be disenchanted for Ethereal Shards
- Stampede Pets summoned into the Arena, Rated Battlegrounds, and Wargames will now do the correct amount of damage.
- Friendly players activating Monk Healing Spheres will no longer break Mana Tea channeling.
- Shaman Searing Totems will no longer break on Heroic Elegon due to the line of sight restrictions while the energy vortex is active.
- The quest "In Battle's Shadow" now only requires the appropriate faction to take and no longer requires a quest prerequisite.
Dungeons & Raids
- Updated the Dungeon Finder matchmaking system to properly identify Monk classes and their available roles.
- Heart of Fear
- Garalon now mends his injured legs more frequently in Normal mode.
- Garalon will now take longer before he casts Massive Crush.
- Players will now be able to zone back to Ta’yak’s room once he’s been killed.
- Mogu’shan Vaults
- Jasper Chains now casts less frequently in both Normal and Heroic 10-player difficulty.
- A few indirect spells will no longer trigger the Spirit Kings’ shields on Heroic Difficulty.
- One-hand melee weapons will now show the correct Conquest cost.
- The Dreadful Gladiator’s Emblem now displays the proper stats: +809 Spirit, +293 PvP Power, +293 PvP Resilience, +40,673 health for 15s on use
- Fixed an issue with the Battle Spear of the Thunder King in which the quest could not be properly completed due to the spear object not being visible to the player.
- Fixed an issue in which classes were sometimes receiving select inappropriate loot items.
- Fixed an issue in which players would sometimes be disconnected from the game when knocked off of an elevator.
- Fixed an issue in which Ashweb Weavers for the Golden Lotus dailies would sometimes evade.
- Fixed an issue in which Captain Doren would evade during the quest, “The Darkness Within” if the player died while he was transforming into his Sha form.
- The Ancient Guo-Lai Cache will now properly despawn after being closed.